Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Last Decade 14:03 - Dec 24 with 1479 viewscleggo

Well, just two more games to go in this decade. Whilst I may not have as many years as an ITFC fan under my belt as others on here, I certainly can't think of a worse decade to be a Town fan that last?

Still wouldn't change it for the world, COYB

The Last Decade on 14:08 - Dec 24 with 1463 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

Begs the question as to who would be the worst team to have supported in the last decade? (Out of non-liquidated teams)

Yeovil - may have sunk like a stone but had the thrill of two promotions
Derby - Lost a couple of wembley finals but ultimate got nowhere?
Sunderland - Three losing wembley finals and sunk from Premier League to League One
Bolton - A promotion but have stared financial ruin in the face
Notts County - Relegated out of the football league.

Any others?

*I might add that I would rather not go to Wembley than to go to a final and lose (this may provoke debate)

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

The Last Decade on 14:11 - Dec 24 with 1456 viewsReusersgreasymop

No wins again naaaarwich in the last decade ( I think )
The worst team we’ve had in years
A fraud manager more interested in where he will get his next whiskey from then 3 points.

Yeah.... wouldn’t change it for the world.

RGM x
The Last Decade on 14:11 - Dec 24 with 1458 viewscleggo

The Last Decade on 14:08 - Dec 24 by OhDavidMcgoldrick

Begs the question as to who would be the worst team to have supported in the last decade? (Out of non-liquidated teams)

Sunderland - Three losing wembley finals and sunk from Premier League to League One

Any others?

*I might add that I would rather not go to Wembley than to go to a final and lose (this may provoke debate)

a very good point, ODMG.

Can't think that there have been to many as uninspiring as ours. However, a valid point you raise over teams like Bolton, Sunderland and Notts County.

You could say at least the likes of Sunderland and Bolton have been in the Prem (as much I think more and more I don't mind us not being a Prem team, our glory days were undeniably up there).

Derby not too dissimilar to ourselves, perhaps with some slightly better players and football on display and without the relegation.

Overall, ours hasn't been terrible.. just utterly mediocre.
The Last Decade on 22:19 - Dec 24 with 1301 viewsParisBlue

Any others?

Supporting Oldham probably hasn't been a lot of fun. Not finished higher than 14th in any season over the period and a relegation.

Darlington, York and Hereford all started the decade in the football league and now find themselves 2 promotions from returning.

Chesterfield started the decade winning promotion to League 1 but having reached the play-offs in 2014/15 (as we did) they now find themselves in the relegation zone of the Conference.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2019 22:36]

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

The Last Decade on 22:33 - Dec 24 with 1287 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Whatever they may or may not have achieved over the past decade, few teams can rival what we have achieved over history. I have loved most of my years supporting Town and the highs are only highs when measured against the lows.

Teams I would rather support than Town: none. I guess if there were, I would support them.

Experiences I would rather have experienced as a Town fan over the past decade are many.

One thing all fans of all teams have in common, sooner or later something will not go as they want and they will be calling for the manager/chairman/owner's head.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The Last Decade on 23:44 - Dec 24 with 1234 viewsrgp1

Any others?

Agree 100 per cent. It was bad enough losing to the scum in a semi final but imagine if we'd lost to them at Wembley, now that would be utterly horrific. But of course we have history.

One team you didn't mention was Histon. They've managed to go from the eastern counties to the conference and back again in the space of a few years.
The Last Decade on 08:36 - Dec 25 with 1167 viewsWacko

Technically it's not the end of the decade as we don't start counting at 0

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

The Last Decade on 08:43 - Dec 25 with 1156 viewsOldsmoker

The Last Decade on 22:33 - Dec 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

Whatever they may or may not have achieved over the past decade, few teams can rival what we have achieved over history. I have loved most of my years supporting Town and the highs are only highs when measured against the lows.

Teams I would rather support than Town: none. I guess if there were, I would support them.

Experiences I would rather have experienced as a Town fan over the past decade are many.

One thing all fans of all teams have in common, sooner or later something will not go as they want and they will be calling for the manager/chairman/owner's head.

I'm the same as you.
I've lived in Bristol for 30 years - almost half my life.
I'd rather do a 400 mile round trip than a 3 stop bus ride to the Rovers ground. Even when friends drag me to watch Rovers there's no passion stirring in me.
Ipswich till I die.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Login to get fewer ads

The Last Decade on 13:02 - Dec 25 with 1080 viewsBlue_Moses

The Last Decade on 14:11 - Dec 24 by cleggo

a very good point, ODMG.

Can't think that there have been to many as uninspiring as ours. However, a valid point you raise over teams like Bolton, Sunderland and Notts County.

You could say at least the likes of Sunderland and Bolton have been in the Prem (as much I think more and more I don't mind us not being a Prem team, our glory days were undeniably up there).

Derby not too dissimilar to ourselves, perhaps with some slightly better players and football on display and without the relegation.

Overall, ours hasn't been terrible.. just utterly mediocre.

Derby have been consistently challenging for the play offs at the very least for the whole decade and you are comparing them to us?
The Last Decade on 12:20 - Dec 26 with 855 viewshaynes_toe1

The Last Decade on 13:02 - Dec 25 by Blue_Moses

Derby have been consistently challenging for the play offs at the very least for the whole decade and you are comparing them to us?

Yeah I mean Derby may not have achieved much but their seasons will have been far more enjoyable than ours!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024