Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warnock incoming ? 18:44 - Dec 26 with 4944 views3_5_2

now that would be interesting!

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Warnock incoming ? on 18:45 - Dec 26 with 4138 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He would get us up, that is what he does.

But no doubt some of our fans will moan about style of football
[Post edited 26 Dec 2019 18:45]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Warnock incoming ? on 18:46 - Dec 26 with 4105 viewsSwansea_Blue

Feck it, why not. ME’s put us in intensive care, may as well fishing us off with a trip to Dignitas.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Warnock incoming ? on 18:49 - Dec 26 with 4058 views3_5_2

Warnock incoming ? on 18:45 - Dec 26 by TRUE_BLUE123

He would get us up, that is what he does.

But no doubt some of our fans will moan about style of football
[Post edited 26 Dec 2019 18:45]

we need to get out of this league this season or I fear we may end up in it for years

I want PL to do it but his comments today suggest he is either off or playing bluff with Evans pre transfer window.

Warnock would very likely get us up and personally, I don't care how we do it, so long as we do

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Warnock incoming ? on 18:49 - Dec 26 with 4052 viewsreusersfreekicks

No no never
Remember the 90s
Warnock incoming ? on 18:52 - Dec 26 with 4003 viewsChrisd

He probably would get us up, but the football would be very much like it was under MM. Lots of long ball, played amongst giants with little finesse. That was something that frustrated a lot of us with MM towards the end and the attendances quickly dwindled, so we want to go back to that again? If that’s the case, we might as well stuck with MM!
[Post edited 26 Dec 2019 19:30]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Warnock incoming ? on 19:29 - Dec 26 with 3794 viewsBent_double

Warnock incoming ? on 18:52 - Dec 26 by Chrisd

He probably would get us up, but the football would be very much like it was under MM. Lots of long ball, played amongst giants with little finesse. That was something that frustrated a lot of us with MM towards the end and the attendances quickly dwindled, so we want to go back to that again? If that’s the case, we might as well stuck with MM!

Any incoming manager would have to work with the players already here...unless we're flogging Downes or the Wolf for a couple of million to finance some more dodgy L1/L2 players.

We need to get back in the Champ, if Warnock can do that, I'd take it now, I just don't trust Lambert to get the best out of this squad.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Warnock incoming ? on 19:36 - Dec 26 with 3746 viewsChrisd

Warnock incoming ? on 19:29 - Dec 26 by Bent_double

Any incoming manager would have to work with the players already here...unless we're flogging Downes or the Wolf for a couple of million to finance some more dodgy L1/L2 players.

We need to get back in the Champ, if Warnock can do that, I'd take it now, I just don't trust Lambert to get the best out of this squad.

I agree with your last paragraph. I don’t really want to give PL January to buy even more players to add to our bloated squad, he’s just not convinced me he knows what he is trying to achieve here. He’s struggling with all our current players, throwing even more into the mix is just going to confuse him with team selections and formations. His brain is already frazzled.

Warnock incoming ? on 19:48 - Dec 26 with 3685 viewsr2d2

Warnock for me. He would get us promoted. Im not sure Lambert will.
Login to get fewer ads

Warnock incoming ? on 20:01 - Dec 26 with 3611 viewsLord_Lucan

His QPR side were anything but long balI, his Palace side weren't bad either.

I like Warnock, always have done. I'm currently reading his book and he touches on the fact that some people label him as long ball and he simply says that he plays with what he's got. He says there is no point in trying to get a load of journeymen to play like Messi as you will then get tonked every game. When he was at QPR he played Taarabt every game he could and made him captain whilst at the same time knowing that all the other players would resent Taarabt because he had attitude, wouldn't train, wouldn't pass etc.

His reasoning was that by playing him was the only way QPR had a chance in hell of going up and he told his disgruntled players this as well.

The difference between Warnock and Mick Mack is that at all times Warnock says he wants to try and entertain the fans.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Warnock incoming ? on 20:07 - Dec 26 with 3577 viewsChrisd

Warnock incoming ? on 20:01 - Dec 26 by Lord_Lucan

I like Warnock, always have done. I'm currently reading his book and he touches on the fact that some people label him as long ball and he simply says that he plays with what he's got. He says there is no point in trying to get a load of journeymen to play like Messi as you will then get tonked every game. When he was at QPR he played Taarabt every game he could and made him captain whilst at the same time knowing that all the other players would resent Taarabt because he had attitude, wouldn't train, wouldn't pass etc.

His reasoning was that by playing him was the only way QPR had a chance in hell of going up and he told his disgruntled players this as well.

The difference between Warnock and Mick Mack is that at all times Warnock says he wants to try and entertain the fans.

His Cardiff City side was very much long ball.

Warnock incoming ? on 20:13 - Dec 26 with 3533 viewsLord_Lucan

Warnock incoming ? on 20:07 - Dec 26 by Chrisd

I'm not saying they weren't, I'm just saying his is big enough and ugly enough to accept what he has got to work with and utilise what he has got to work in the best way it can.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Warnock incoming ? on 20:19 - Dec 26 with 3473 viewslondontractorboy57

There was mainly long balls today in fact you could of been mistaken for thinking it was a MM team.
In defence of MM thats what you would expect.
Warnock incoming ? on 20:21 - Dec 26 with 3451 viewsFrimleyBlue

Can we go back. Let Mick go but spend money on mowbray.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Warnock incoming ? on 21:35 - Dec 26 with 3219 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Warnock incoming ? on 20:07 - Dec 26 by Chrisd

Nothing wrong with long balls if they're accurate, the right ball and put the opposition under pressure.

Town under Robson played a much long ball football up to the Dutchmen arriving.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Warnock incoming ? on 21:37 - Dec 26 with 3203 viewsChrisd

Warnock incoming ? on 21:35 - Dec 26 by The_Last_Baron

Nothing wrong with long balls if they're accurate, the right ball and put the opposition under pressure.

Town under Robson played a much long ball football up to the Dutchmen arriving.

I'm not saying there is, but we can't keep changing our mind like the weather.

Warnock incoming ? on 21:40 - Dec 26 with 3182 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Warnock incoming ? on 21:37 - Dec 26 by Chrisd

I'm not saying there is, but we can't keep changing our mind like the weather.

In League One a combination of the short and long game would work the best. The problem is aimless long balls without a man in attack capable of winning the majority of them.

I'd say we played mainly long ball football under Joe Royle but we were exciting and looked dangerous 90% of games up to the end of the 2004-05 season when he lost four of our best players. Magilton would often play 50 yard long balls but the difference was they would land at a Town players feet most of the time.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Warnock incoming ? on 21:44 - Dec 26 with 3145 viewsOxford_Blue

Warnock incoming ? on 18:46 - Dec 26 by Swansea_Blue

Feck it, why not. ME’s put us in intensive care, may as well fishing us off with a trip to Dignitas.

Evans is the only person who is keeping the club in existence. Are you actually stupid? Do you not get the basic fact that the club loses £5-10m a year and without Evans wouldn’t exist???

To say he put us in intensive care is just a ludicrously stupid thing to say.
Warnock incoming ? on 01:31 - Dec 27 with 2922 viewsArnieM

Warnock incoming ? on 20:21 - Dec 26 by FrimleyBlue

Can we go back. Let Mick go but spend money on mowbray.

Mowbray said he’d never come to manage Town as long as Evans was the owner.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Warnock incoming ? on 02:36 - Dec 27 with 2864 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

This was a name that was considered when after Hurst made way and the vacancy was available. Didn't seem to be many in favor if can recall rightly, may have given the players a much needed kick in the ass and more of a motivator than other potential candidates but wasn't that implied when Roy Keane was appointed and look at how that tenure came to pass.

Thing is Lambert won't be going anywhere at least for the remainder of this season. Apparently there's some rumor or talk of him leaving us in the days ahead but find it very hard to subscribe to.
Warnock incoming ? on 03:38 - Dec 27 with 2834 viewsharlingblue

I think that Warnock was interviewed before, would be far better than PL, who has been a big let down, apart from upping the attendance.
Warnock incoming ? on 06:57 - Dec 27 with 2732 viewsIPS_wich

Warnock incoming ? on 20:01 - Dec 26 by Lord_Lucan

I agree. I’ve always liked him - and the majority of fans at clubs he’s managed have quickly lived him too.

He’s pretty old so not a long term hire - but I’d love the idea of him coming in, getting us promoted (I’m certain he would do) and then mentoring Chambo/Skuse as they took over the reigns.
Warnock incoming ? on 08:43 - Dec 27 with 2580 viewsPrideOfTheEast

As much as he likes Ipswich and would probably work well with Marcus, to get somebody of that calibre to the club would be one hell of a coup. He’d be so good for us in so many ways.
Warnock incoming ? on 09:24 - Dec 27 with 2480 viewshaynes_toe1

How could people moan about Warnocks style of football when it's no more long-ball and archaic than what we're already seeing under Lambert? Only difference is we'd probably win under Warnock
Warnock incoming ? on 10:18 - Dec 27 with 2376 viewsLord_Lucan

Warnock incoming ? on 01:31 - Dec 27 by ArnieM

Mowbray said he’d never come to manage Town as long as Evans was the owner.

Not that I would want Mowbray but when did he say that?

Warnock incoming ? on 10:24 - Dec 27 with 2354 viewsSwansea_Blue

Warnock incoming ? on 21:44 - Dec 26 by Oxford_Blue

Evans is the only person who is keeping the club in existence. Are you actually stupid? Do you not get the basic fact that the club loses £5-10m a year and without Evans wouldn’t exist???

To say he put us in intensive care is just a ludicrously stupid thing to say.

Being so sh*t as to run up humongous debts whilst taking us down to a level we’ve not been for over 50 years may be your definition of a good job, but it isn’t mine.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024