Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not sure that Lambert stuff is as significant as it looks 19:46 - Dec 26 with 1948 viewsSomethingBlue

Those who were in the room will obviously know best. But I do seem to remember him chuntering away along similar lines late last season and can be paraphrased neatly enough with something like "If they don't think I'm doing well enough then I don't have (from either of our points of view) to be here", which is obviously a truism. I find it unnecessarily defensive & very clumsy but it's clearly become a go-to when questioned about his record here and I don't see much more to it.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2019 19:46]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Not sure that Lambert stuff is as significant as it looks on 19:52 - Dec 26 with 1881 viewsTendring_Blue

Possibly, but it's a bizarre statement to make. Take what you want from that but he's certainly caused a stir.
Not sure that Lambert stuff is as significant as it looks on 19:53 - Dec 26 with 1875 viewsDubtractor

Your last point is the bit about it that bothers me.

Once you have a manager looking be snippy with the media/club/fans then you're on a downward slope IMO. Goodwill dries up pretty quickly in that scenario.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Not sure that Lambert stuff is as significant as it looks on 19:55 - Dec 26 with 1861 viewsBlueBadger

As with all things Lambert, it's posturing witout any substance to back it up. He walks out now he'll never get another shot at managing ababove Division 3.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2019 19:55]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Not sure that Lambert stuff is as significant as it looks on 19:59 - Dec 26 with 1805 viewsGarv

Both times it happened after Brenner asked if he understood people questioning his record. It’s either him misinterpreting it as if Brenner himself is questioning it, which I guess he would naturally become defensive when questioned on it directly, or he thinks it’s unjust if fans are questioning it.

I think the reality is somewhere inbetween.

All he needed to say was ‘yes, but you’ll always be questioned on your job because you can always do better. But at the same time, we’re 2nd, had a ridiculously good start to the season, and we’re having a dry spell in front of goal. I hope the fans can stay with it because when the ground is rocking they are the 12th man. It was edgy today because we didn’t do enough to get them off their seats. We’ll come again.’

I think it’s a bit of fuss over nothing really. I don’t expect a big story in the next few days. On the contrary, I expect a big performance at Lincoln and three points.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Not sure that Lambert stuff is as significant as it looks on 20:24 - Dec 26 with 1715 viewsPhilTWTD

Not sure that Lambert stuff is as significant as it looks on 19:59 - Dec 26 by Garv

Both times it happened after Brenner asked if he understood people questioning his record. It’s either him misinterpreting it as if Brenner himself is questioning it, which I guess he would naturally become defensive when questioned on it directly, or he thinks it’s unjust if fans are questioning it.

I think the reality is somewhere inbetween.

All he needed to say was ‘yes, but you’ll always be questioned on your job because you can always do better. But at the same time, we’re 2nd, had a ridiculously good start to the season, and we’re having a dry spell in front of goal. I hope the fans can stay with it because when the ground is rocking they are the 12th man. It was edgy today because we didn’t do enough to get them off their seats. We’ll come again.’

I think it’s a bit of fuss over nothing really. I don’t expect a big story in the next few days. On the contrary, I expect a big performance at Lincoln and three points.

Today's comments weren't really in response to Brenner, he was asking questions based on the written press conference which was beforehand.

Not entirely sure what to make of it, he did talk himself into a similar alcove before for no apparent reason and may well have done the same again, although this was at length and we did give him plenty of scope to talk his way out of it without him taking the opportunity to do so. Not sure how Marcus and Lee will look at it.
Not sure that Lambert stuff is as significant as it looks on 20:26 - Dec 26 with 1684 viewsFrimleyBlue

The thing is. It's a very McCarthy like statement.
" If they want me to go I'll go "

He should be fighting out saying " Its frustrating at the moment. Lots of injuries meaning I've no choice but to change teams each week. I can't wait till I can't pick a settled side again and go back to the beginning do the season form.

The problem is. Lambert can't blame Injuries. He's just deciding to change squads.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Not sure that Lambert stuff is as significant as it looks on 20:29 - Dec 26 with 1658 viewsFrimleyBlue

Not sure that Lambert stuff is as significant as it looks on 20:24 - Dec 26 by PhilTWTD

Today's comments weren't really in response to Brenner, he was asking questions based on the written press conference which was beforehand.

Not entirely sure what to make of it, he did talk himself into a similar alcove before for no apparent reason and may well have done the same again, although this was at length and we did give him plenty of scope to talk his way out of it without him taking the opportunity to do so. Not sure how Marcus and Lee will look at it.

Without question it was a fk you to them imo.

He clearly has no interest at all in staying as manager. It was a bizarre interview. He wasnt hounded by the press and as you confirm he was offered a way out of his comments but he chose not to and still went down the route of do what you want with me.

It was a clear I feel I'm doing good enough if yo don't get rid of me.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Not sure that Lambert stuff is as significant as it looks on 20:34 - Dec 26 with 1631 viewsPhilTWTD

Not sure that Lambert stuff is as significant as it looks on 20:29 - Dec 26 by FrimleyBlue

Without question it was a fk you to them imo.

He clearly has no interest at all in staying as manager. It was a bizarre interview. He wasnt hounded by the press and as you confirm he was offered a way out of his comments but he chose not to and still went down the route of do what you want with me.

It was a clear I feel I'm doing good enough if yo don't get rid of me.

Might be a bit of 'give me what I want or I'll go' but I'm not so sure. He was talking in circles but think there's something behind it rather than just a dead cat strategy.
Login to get fewer ads

Not sure that Lambert stuff is as significant as it looks on 20:35 - Dec 26 with 1625 viewsitfcjoe

Not sure that Lambert stuff is as significant as it looks on 20:24 - Dec 26 by PhilTWTD

Interesting, I just don’t see that he is taking us forward on the pitch. Off it he’s done wonders, and his recruitment has been good - but he has lost his mojo at setting a team up, it feels like when Jewell was here and he just chucks stuff against the wall to see what works, but doesn’t give anything long enough to find out

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Not sure that Lambert stuff is as significant as it looks on 20:55 - Dec 26 with 1488 viewsbluebud

I think he's trying to get fired and I wouldn't be surprised to see him at Kilmarnock.
Not sure that Lambert stuff is as significant as it looks on 22:21 - Dec 26 with 1283 viewsNo9

It was obvious from the way the questionign was going he could react badly-
Wasn't he just bighting his tounge over what he really wanted to say to the daft RS bloke taking his time whether to tell him to foxtrot oscar or, give him a Glasgow kiss?
Not sure that Lambert stuff is as significant as it looks on 23:02 - Dec 26 with 1163 viewsTrequartista

It's just a thin-skinned strop when his credentials are questioned. Means absolutely nothing.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Not sure that Lambert stuff is as significant as it looks on 23:23 - Dec 26 with 1075 viewsjeera

Not sure that Lambert stuff is as significant as it looks on 23:02 - Dec 26 by Trequartista

It's just a thin-skinned strop when his credentials are questioned. Means absolutely nothing.

I have to say that's how I saw it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Not sure that Lambert stuff is as significant as it looks on 00:55 - Dec 27 with 913 viewsreusersfreekicks

Not sure that Lambert stuff is as significant as it looks on 20:35 - Dec 26 by itfcjoe

Interesting, I just don’t see that he is taking us forward on the pitch. Off it he’s done wonders, and his recruitment has been good - but he has lost his mojo at setting a team up, it feels like when Jewell was here and he just chucks stuff against the wall to see what works, but doesn’t give anything long enough to find out

Spot on
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024