Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Abuse My Step Son received today, report to club? 20:37 - Dec 26 with 7186 viewsChondzoresk

After a poor performance my step son waited at the end of the match to try and get Alan Judge’s shirt. He’s been doing this for some home matches now by holding his Irish Flag up. As an older fan walked past went up to him and aggressively asked him if he was “a member and supporter of the IRA”.

Now my step son is half Irish, but very, very much a Town fan for some years and myself for 40 years.

It wasn’t a political flag just the Irish tricolour with “Judgey, please can I have your shirt” written on it. My son is fuming, as I am. This person also insulted Alan Judge too. (But wasn’t in ear shot at the time.)

Just a quick question. Do we report this to the club?

A massive thank you to Alan Judge for actually bringing his shirt over to him.

Thanks guys!

Abuse My Step Son received today, report to club? on 10:01 - Dec 27 with 342 viewsSwansea_Blue

Abuse My Step Son received today, report to club? on 00:47 - Dec 27 by footers

We've no real beef, ma dood! Just a simple matter of counting.

Well, that's Die Hard and Rambo done now. Suppose the festive season is over!

I read that initially as “just a simple matter of courting”.

I’ll put my wedding hat back in the cupboard.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Abuse My Step Son received today, report to club? on 10:20 - Dec 27 with 311 viewsmonytowbray

Abuse My Step Son received today, report to club? on 22:38 - Dec 26 by eireblue

You are wrong.

If someone assumes I am a member or supporter of a terrorist organisation, based on how they perceive my race, they are racists.

Simple

If you want to play at more definitions:

"Any criminal offence which is perceived by the victim or any other person, to be motivated by hostility or prejudice, based on a person's disability or perceived disability; race or perceived race; or religion or perceived religion; or sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation or transgender identity or perceived transgender identity."

“ The Equality Act 2010 says you must not be discriminated against because of your race.

In the Equality Act, race can mean your colour, or your nationality (including your citizenship). It can also mean your ethnic or national origins, which may not be the same as your current nationality. For example, you may have Chinese national origins and be living in Britain with a British passport.

Race also covers ethnic and racial groups. This means a group of people who all share the same protected characteristic of ethnicity or race.

A racial group can be made up of two or more distinct racial groups, for example black Britons, British Asians, British Sikhs, British Jews, Romany Gypsies and Irish Travellers.

You may be discriminated against because of one or more aspects of your race, for example people born in Britain to Jamaican parents could be discriminated against because they are British citizens, or because of their Jamaican national origins.”

People don’t like the term racist.

So play the definition game.

If people don’t want to be called racist. Don’t be a racist.

I see the usual racists/enablers/defenders are here to tell us what they said isn’t racist.

I wouldn’t dream of calling an Irish person, let alone a Northern Catholic one, of being associated with the IRA. The fact anyone would and/or is willing to defend it shows a very VERY poor understanding of recent history.

And again, here we are, in 2019, seeing comments like that but it has nothing to do with words of the press and the current government over the last 3 years. Sure thing :S

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Abuse My Step Son received today, report to club? on 10:26 - Dec 27 with 305 viewsWickets

I saw Alan come over and pass the shirt . Glad your son got it and wish you both all the very best . Sadly there is the odd idiot everywhere . Move on Happy new year and all that .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024