Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time wasting by opponents 21:41 - Dec 26 with 1278 viewsrgp1

This may have been mentioned before but just about every damn team comes down here and bloody well wastes time! Referees seem to do nothing about it. Today the Gillingham number 6 deliberately took the ball off a team mate for a throw in at least 3 times. Clearly time wasting is more prevalent in league 1.
Time wasting by opponents on 21:43 - Dec 26 with 1258 viewsWD19

It was just bloody odd.

Was clearly a tactic so thoroughly drilled in that they did it even when they didn’t need to.

Would love to see a referee just shove 15 minutes on at the end.
Time wasting by opponents on 21:43 - Dec 26 with 1255 viewsitfcjoe

I don’t know why as most visitors seem to create better chances than we do at PR

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Time wasting by opponents on 21:44 - Dec 26 with 1241 viewshomer_123

It really is the least of our worries.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Time wasting by opponents on 21:47 - Dec 26 with 1225 viewsPJH

Time wasting by opponents on 21:44 - Dec 26 by homer_123

It really is the least of our worries.

It really is and if and when we are ever again in a position when we are either ahead or on the point of getting a valuable point I would be disappointed if we did have the sense to waste some time.
Time wasting by opponents on 22:02 - Dec 26 with 1157 viewsEastTownBlue

They perhaps should still have won and with a bit more ambition they would have.
Time wasting by opponents on 22:06 - Dec 26 with 1141 viewsWestcountryblue

It's pretty smart to be honest. If you're a small team in this division, then why not look to fight for a point away and try to pick up wins at home.

We just expect to win all of our games as a big club in this division
Time wasting by opponents on 22:28 - Dec 26 with 1089 viewsFifeITFC

I think we need to expect it. We're seen as a big scalp compared to some of the other clubs so they seen as much advantage, especially if they're away from home in front of 22,000 people. I'm sure if the boot was on the other foot, we would be doing the same (hopefully).

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Time wasting by opponents on 02:14 - Dec 27 with 954 viewsbritbiker

Time wasting by opponents on 21:43 - Dec 26 by itfcjoe

I don’t know why as most visitors seem to create better chances than we do at PR

I was saying exactly this after the game. Most of the teams wasting time at PR lokk more likely to get a winner than us. Why not go for a win.
Login to get fewer ads

Time wasting by opponents on 09:50 - Dec 27 with 840 viewsSteve_M

We were so poor in the first half that GIllingham didn't even need to waste time before about 55 minutes.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Time wasting by opponents on 10:09 - Dec 27 with 816 viewsBlueySwede

Yesterday I felt the ref should have added at least 7 minutes, and also have given a couple of yellow cards for time wasting. With that said I honestly believe he could have added 120 minutes and we wouldn´t have scored anyways.
Time wasting by opponents on 10:14 - Dec 27 with 797 viewsWickets

While i agree with you and this managing of matches is horrible to watch , did you see any of our 1-0 away wins ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024