Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I don't know if it just this board or wider culture 00:54 - Dec 27 with 2762 viewsCheltenham_Blue

but, irrespective of recent results, and they have been bad. I'm a little sad of the general lack of respect for a manager, who has done more to galvanise this club with its supporters than ANYONE involved with this club over the last 20 years.

Tactics aren't great, team selection isn't great, but the players are letting him down here. It's not all on him.

If he goes, he goes, but realistically, we're L1 now, who do you reckon we could attract? Is this squad good enough to stay up it we went up? No, but that's not necessarily Lamberts doing is it?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I don't know if it just this board or wider culture on 11:02 - Dec 27 with 318 viewsChrisd

I don't know if it just this board or wider culture on 09:43 - Dec 27 by HARRY10

I'm sure PL has 'righted a few wrongs' and ser in place better methods of operating. But the concern there is how much is that a reflection on him, or us ?

Most, at the start ofthe season would have settled for us being in 2nd plavw ar Xmas - but not only picking up 10 points in the previous 10 games.. And not having to watch the football sink to such a level as the past couple of months have seen.

My own fear is that if we don't go up this season we could be stuck here for a while.

But I suspect ME will not want to cough up the money to pay off PL (and others) when we are still this close to the top. If he waits until we continuue to slide too far then it may well be too late.

ME would need to pay out even more money to keep us settled in the Championship, 'IF' we got promoted. This current side would need huge investment to do that, would ME really want to throw away more of his hard earned cash? Naturally, as supporters, we all hope he does, but does it work out better for him to stay where we are in L1, the financial demands and structures of this league seem to suit his level of investment much better. Just playing Devil's advocate.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

I don't know if it just this board or wider culture on 11:11 - Dec 27 with 311 viewsbackwaywhen

fortunately that is what he is good at .... unfortunately he is not a very good tactician and is lost without the right people beside him , it is hard to believe that with all his on the pitch experience at the highest levels , he cannot see any wrong it what he is doing with these crazy changes and formations week in week out ! ...Bonkers.
I don't know if it just this board or wider culture on 11:14 - Dec 27 with 304 viewsChrisd

I don't know if it just this board or wider culture on 11:11 - Dec 27 by backwaywhen

fortunately that is what he is good at .... unfortunately he is not a very good tactician and is lost without the right people beside him , it is hard to believe that with all his on the pitch experience at the highest levels , he cannot see any wrong it what he is doing with these crazy changes and formations week in week out ! ...Bonkers.

You also have to question the coaching staff PL has around him. I'd hope they were challenging him on these decisions, instead of just accepting it.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

I don't know if it just this board or wider culture on 12:02 - Dec 27 with 290 viewsottovonbismark

the problem for ITFC, and it's an enormous problem, is that neither the owner or manager has a clue how to run a football club.

Marcus Evans has invested his money for very little return, this is down to him hiring the wrong managers, not backing them enough financially and generally wasting his own money. He now seems to have reached the conclusion that he has invested very poorly by buying ITFC and doesn't want to invest anymore, content to cut his losses while the club drifts into obscurity.

i don't see any way out of this mess as long as Evans is at the helm. We are totally directionless on and off the pitch. While Lambert is getting stick for poor footballing performances, and rightly so, Evans needs to either invest or sell.
I don't know if it just this board or wider culture on 12:13 - Dec 27 with 278 viewsParky

Whilst I agree that the players obviously are part to blame, Lambert is paid a lot of money to get the best out of these players and make decisions to win games.

Tactically, I think Lambert is awful; when have we once had a convincing win? This not making a substitute until the 80th minute is just ridiculous.

You can tell the players are being made to play more direct and hit the channels, which is absolutely no different to Mick.

Lets be honest here, Lambert has had pretty much a free card; we were absolutely awful last year, but I honestly believe other managers could have kept us up. Regardless of that, he had half a season last season and now half a season this season to implement a playing style, give us an edge and properly re-build us. Simply, he's failed to do that.

I might be being a bit biased here, but on paper; I believe our squad is more than capable of holding its own in the Championship IF and a big IF we had a specific style and intent and the manager was getting the best out of them.

Finally, I really don't know who we'd attract if Lambert packed up; but what I do know I that I am getting pretty p'ssed off with his sulking and distracting any criticism anybody might have of him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024