Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
what has actually happened to Alan Judge? 07:55 - Dec 27 with 2110 viewstextbackup

he looks as though he's had the ability sucked from him by the monsters on space jam!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

what has actually happened to Alan Judge? on 07:59 - Dec 27 with 1740 viewshampstead_blue

I think his legs are in a different postcode.
He needs people around him doing his running.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

what has actually happened to Alan Judge? on 08:03 - Dec 27 with 1734 viewssparks

what has actually happened to Alan Judge? on 07:59 - Dec 27 by hampstead_blue

I think his legs are in a different postcode.
He needs people around him doing his running.

I query whether he was ever as good as people make out.

But certainly he has not come close to recovering pre-injury form. And given the passage of time, does not look like doing so.

Serious recruitment error- though an understandable one. Now an expensive member of the squad, offering very little other than the occasional ineffective floaty cross.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

what has actually happened to Alan Judge? on 08:07 - Dec 27 with 1703 viewshampstead_blue

what has actually happened to Alan Judge? on 08:03 - Dec 27 by sparks

But certainly he has not come close to recovering pre-injury form. And given the passage of time, does not look like doing so.

Serious recruitment error- though an understandable one. Now an expensive member of the squad, offering very little other than the occasional ineffective floaty cross.

100 agree.
Mag to grid....get rid.

It will also free-up a space for Dozzell and King Freddie Bishop to slot into

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

what has actually happened to Alan Judge? on 08:08 - Dec 27 with 1700 viewstextbackup

yep, and as per Town fans bigged it up so much that everyone went completely overboard on it. also see Norwood.
the same people are now all over social media claiming norwood to not be all that, because they've not seen a wrestling GIF in a while I suspect.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

what has actually happened to Alan Judge? on 08:23 - Dec 27 with 1648 viewsBackToRussia

what has actually happened to Alan Judge? on 08:07 - Dec 27 by hampstead_blue

100 agree.
Mag to grid....get rid.

It will also free-up a space for Dozzell and King Freddie Bishop to slot into

Lol.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

what has actually happened to Alan Judge? on 08:28 - Dec 27 with 1628 viewsGerkensBeard

Disagree.

Give him a run of games in the number 10 role and you’ll see his worth. Him like a number if others are a casualty of the rotation policy.

Maybe it’s just me I go hard for players who always want the ball. Sign of a proper footballer for me. Plus the pass to Jackson that went beyond him was due to KJ not being on AJ’s wavelength. A lot of players aren’t on his wavelength tbf
what has actually happened to Alan Judge? on 08:29 - Dec 27 with 1619 viewsGuthrum

And possibly a liability in that there is a feeling he has to be played, in the perhaps vain hope of "coming good".

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

what has actually happened to Alan Judge? on 08:37 - Dec 27 with 1586 viewsKeaneish

what has actually happened to Alan Judge? on 08:28 - Dec 27 by GerkensBeard

Disagree.

Give him a run of games in the number 10 role and you’ll see his worth. Him like a number if others are a casualty of the rotation policy.

Maybe it’s just me I go hard for players who always want the ball. Sign of a proper footballer for me. Plus the pass to Jackson that went beyond him was due to KJ not being on AJ’s wavelength. A lot of players aren’t on his wavelength tbf

I find it staggering that he was signed with a view to build a team around and he’s only featured once, maybe twice in the number ten role we all widely expected him to take up. He must have played more positions than anyone this season and been in and out of the starting eleven as much as anyone too. See this methodology for the reason him and the side aren’t performing well.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

what has actually happened to Alan Judge? on 08:40 - Dec 27 with 1566 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

To get the best from a player, you play them in their favourite position. Not always the chance to do that with some players, but Judge should be an exception with the potential of how influential he can be.

When he first came, he was the man every week for me. Played in the centre, he popped up everywhere in pockets and got on the ball to make things happen - we also played a diamond and I felt we were giving teams a run for their money then.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

what has actually happened to Alan Judge? on 08:41 - Dec 27 with 1553 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Would help if he was played in his proper position. He isn’t and never will be a wide player

Poll: Our final position

what has actually happened to Alan Judge? on 08:48 - Dec 27 with 1511 viewssparks

what has actually happened to Alan Judge? on 08:40 - Dec 27 by IPSWICHFANITFC

To get the best from a player, you play them in their favourite position. Not always the chance to do that with some players, but Judge should be an exception with the potential of how influential he can be.

When he first came, he was the man every week for me. Played in the centre, he popped up everywhere in pockets and got on the ball to make things happen - we also played a diamond and I felt we were giving teams a run for their money then.

This is what puzzles me. I really didnt see this wonderful influence last season either.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

what has actually happened to Alan Judge? on 08:51 - Dec 27 with 1490 viewsHerbivore

Disagree.

The pass was over hit even if Jackson had made the run. The ball was never really on. I do find it funny that Judge being crap is always blamed on his teammates not being good enough as opposed to him just being actually really quite crap.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

what has actually happened to Alan Judge? on 08:52 - Dec 27 with 1495 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

what has actually happened to Alan Judge? on 08:48 - Dec 27 by sparks

This is what puzzles me. I really didnt see this wonderful influence last season either.

All opinions I guess mate. I liked what I saw from him, it drifted towards the end of the season but I think that was probably because he ran out of steam

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

what has actually happened to Alan Judge? on 08:55 - Dec 27 with 1477 viewsHerbivore

what has actually happened to Alan Judge? on 08:40 - Dec 27 by IPSWICHFANITFC

He managed zero goals and one assist last season, from a corner. That's not much of an influence on the team for an attacking player. Even last season it was mainly the odd flash and some people getting excited about his potential to do that regularly. He's shown this season that much like our manager, his best days are well behind him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

what has actually happened to Alan Judge? on 10:02 - Dec 27 with 1324 viewsRegencyBlue

what has actually happened to Alan Judge? on 08:41 - Dec 27 by southnorfolkblue

Would help if he was played in his proper position. He isn’t and never will be a wide player

This!

He left Brentford because they were playing him wide and we are making the same mistake.

Makes no sense.
what has actually happened to Alan Judge? on 10:02 - Dec 27 with 1324 viewsBluebell

Not only Judge but Gwion Edwards has lost any ability he had.

Last season he was our 'star man running down the right' and was scoring goals and getting into postitions to assist the strikers. This season he has played in so many positions that I am sure he hasn't a clue what he is doing!

Not to mention Luke Garbutt. How good was he at the beginning of the season playing on the wing? Scoring goals for fun! Now he is stuck in the back 3/4 and struggling to get forward!

Is any talent being played out of them as they are never in their correct positions? Round pegs in square holes just don't fit.

Lambert keeps going on about how many players are in the squad. Perhaps he should find a team, in their own best positions, and stick with it.
what has actually happened to Alan Judge? on 10:05 - Dec 27 with 1306 viewsSwansea_Blue

I did wonder as much back in the summer when there was panic about the likelihood of him leaving. He’s ok, but has spent a good chunk of his career at this level so we shouldn’t be expecting miracles from him.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

what has actually happened to Alan Judge? on 10:22 - Dec 27 with 1253 viewsWickets

Lets not forget its a team game when the team knits well together ,players play better ,confidence rises and everyone looks a much better player . At the moment none of our players are looking their best try as they might .
what has actually happened to Alan Judge? on 10:36 - Dec 27 with 1225 viewsartsbossbeard

If this can be somehow skewed on Lottery-Lambo ruining his confidence then I'm calling 'House' on 'what wasn't acceptable under mick but deemed OK by his replacements bingo.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

what has actually happened to Alan Judge? on 10:42 - Dec 27 with 1199 viewsWD19

what has actually happened to Alan Judge? on 10:36 - Dec 27 by artsbossbeard

If this can be somehow skewed on Lottery-Lambo ruining his confidence then I'm calling 'House' on 'what wasn't acceptable under mick but deemed OK by his replacements bingo.

I think the official bingo call in this game is ‘nonce’.

You win a Christmas cheese hamper.
what has actually happened to Alan Judge? on 11:04 - Dec 27 with 1138 viewsArnieM

I’d say Judge doesn’t actually want to be here ( he had s as chance of QPR move denied him and he’s smarting from it. Secondly he’s not being played in his supposedly most effective position , so again , lacks interest in performing when played out wide .

Frankly I’d look to offload him . He’s probably costing us a bloody fortune in wages . I’d rather we played Dobra !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

what has actually happened to Alan Judge? on 11:05 - Dec 27 with 1135 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Disagree.

F*cking hell, are we really now claiming it’s everyone else’s fault that Alan Judge isn’t very effective as no one could possibly be at the same level as such an outstanding player, because it couldn’t possibly just be that Alan Judge may no longer actually being that good?
[Post edited 27 Dec 2019 11:23]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

what has actually happened to Alan Judge? on 11:06 - Dec 27 with 1131 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

what has actually happened to Alan Judge? on 10:02 - Dec 27 by RegencyBlue

This!

He left Brentford because they were playing him wide and we are making the same mistake.

Makes no sense.

Brentford played him on the wing as he was no longer good enough to command a regular place behind the strikers

He has also shown nothing at Town to suggest he is good enough to be given a regular role there either, particularly as what are probably our 2 most obvious formations have no such role

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

what has actually happened to Alan Judge? on 11:55 - Dec 27 with 1029 viewsreusersfreekicks

I think he is a very intelligent footballer who is not playing at his best. I would give him an extended run as point of the midfield 3
what has actually happened to Alan Judge? on 11:56 - Dec 27 with 1017 viewsTrequartista

Luke Hyam

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024