Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Day 2 - SA v England 13:45 - Dec 27 with 1007 viewsHerbivore

Looks like this test is already as good as over. Pretty disciplined bowling from SA but the batting from England was bang average at best. Really not good enough having worked hard to see off the new ball.

Even if we somehow skittle them out for under 100 you can't see us chasing anything close to 200.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Day 2 - SA v England on 14:08 - Dec 27 with 977 viewsChrisd

Bizarre decision to bowl first on a ground that has history that the wicket quickly deteriorates during the last couple of days of a test. Another masterstroke by Root!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Day 2 - SA v England on 14:19 - Dec 27 with 963 viewsIpswichKnight

Day 2 - SA v England on 14:08 - Dec 27 by Chrisd

Bizarre decision to bowl first on a ground that has history that the wicket quickly deteriorates during the last couple of days of a test. Another masterstroke by Root!

will be over by tomorrow or Sunday afternoon, South Africa need another 150 to 200 and England will lose heavily. Giles is going to have to seriously look at the selectors and ask them to justify these selections as THIS keeps happening. I'd also sack Root as captain after this series.
Day 2 - SA v England on 15:02 - Dec 27 with 914 viewsgainsboroughblue

What station is this broadcast on? They were covering the big bash on 5 live extra

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Day 2 - SA v England on 15:32 - Dec 27 with 879 viewsjas0999

This test was all about winning the toss and batting first. Pitch was always going to be tougher to play on as the game progressed. Dreadful from Root.

That said, many of the England batsman gave their wickets away ... again.
Day 2 - SA v England on 18:21 - Dec 27 with 826 viewshampstead_blue

Discipline. Discipline, Discipline.

We lack it. Vern loves it.

Root should never have bowled yesterday afternoon. He gave QDK and the other chap a free 60 runs. Awful decision. Shorter bursts from the seamers.

Even club skippers could see that!

Where is Ben Folkes? He's the best gloveman we've got. Bairstow has been found out for now and has to change. Buttler is a genius and should be nailed on as my #6

In Broad and Anderson we have two of the finest seam bowlers for many a year. They bowled beautifully.
Archer is 3 or 4 overs. He is Mr Fuel Air Bomb, not a gentle sprinkle.

Sorry but Bairstow should be at home, Foalkes the gloves and Buttler at 6.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Day 2 - SA v England on 18:59 - Dec 27 with 806 viewsgainsboroughblue

Day 2 - SA v England on 18:21 - Dec 27 by hampstead_blue

Discipline. Discipline, Discipline.

We lack it. Vern loves it.

Root should never have bowled yesterday afternoon. He gave QDK and the other chap a free 60 runs. Awful decision. Shorter bursts from the seamers.

Even club skippers could see that!

Where is Ben Folkes? He's the best gloveman we've got. Bairstow has been found out for now and has to change. Buttler is a genius and should be nailed on as my #6

In Broad and Anderson we have two of the finest seam bowlers for many a year. They bowled beautifully.
Archer is 3 or 4 overs. He is Mr Fuel Air Bomb, not a gentle sprinkle.

Sorry but Bairstow should be at home, Foalkes the gloves and Buttler at 6.

Denly gets a lot of stick and I can't say I'm a massive fan but he has the attributes for a test match innings far more than a lot of what is available.

Root has to be on borrowed time as skipper. His decision making ranges from questionable to utterly bizarre. He is reactive rather than proactive and much like our own Mr Lambert, seems to spin endless platitudes.

There has to be something done to turn around our batting fortunes, but everything is so geared towards the shorter formats now, so I don't know what, but you can't expect bowlers to bowl 15-20 overs in a day and be back out in the middle doing it again within two sessions over and over again.

Day 2 - SA v England on 19:06 - Dec 27 with 793 viewsReuser_is_God

Day 2 - SA v England on 15:02 - Dec 27 by gainsboroughblue

What station is this broadcast on? They were covering the big bash on 5 live extra

Talksport 2

I’ve not listened to any of this match on there however their coverage of the Sri Lanka tour last winter was really good I felt.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Day 2 - SA v England on 19:08 - Dec 27 with 789 viewsgainsboroughblue

Day 2 - SA v England on 19:06 - Dec 27 by Reuser_is_God

Talksport 2

I’ve not listened to any of this match on there however their coverage of the Sri Lanka tour last winter was really good I felt.

Cheers RIG. I did find this out in between times and probably should have remembered they covered last winter.

Login to get fewer ads

Day 2 - SA v England on 20:07 - Dec 27 with 744 viewshampstead_blue

Day 2 - SA v England on 18:59 - Dec 27 by gainsboroughblue

Denly gets a lot of stick and I can't say I'm a massive fan but he has the attributes for a test match innings far more than a lot of what is available.

Root has to be on borrowed time as skipper. His decision making ranges from questionable to utterly bizarre. He is reactive rather than proactive and much like our own Mr Lambert, seems to spin endless platitudes.

There has to be something done to turn around our batting fortunes, but everything is so geared towards the shorter formats now, so I don't know what, but you can't expect bowlers to bowl 15-20 overs in a day and be back out in the middle doing it again within two sessions over and over again.

Denly is growing on me.
His catch, ball behind him, was something an acrobat would applaud.

Some people need time. Physically he is in awesome shape, very lithe and flexible, quick oin his feet and a gun arm.

I think he will be in the test team for two or three more years. County cricket until 40+

Root as a Capt isn't working. We need another. I'm of the school where your best Captain plays unless he's baggage.

How about Stokes or Buttler? Who has the best cricketing brain in the set-up?

Someone please get Folkes on a plane...NOW!!!!

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Day 2 - SA v England on 20:14 - Dec 27 with 741 viewsgainsboroughblue

Day 2 - SA v England on 20:07 - Dec 27 by hampstead_blue

Denly is growing on me.
His catch, ball behind him, was something an acrobat would applaud.

Some people need time. Physically he is in awesome shape, very lithe and flexible, quick oin his feet and a gun arm.

I think he will be in the test team for two or three more years. County cricket until 40+

Root as a Capt isn't working. We need another. I'm of the school where your best Captain plays unless he's baggage.

How about Stokes or Buttler? Who has the best cricketing brain in the set-up?

Someone please get Folkes on a plane...NOW!!!!

No idea but it is so disappointing to see players step up from domestic cricket to get found out time and again.

Sibley was obviously a shoe in after the season he had but I would imagine he will be binned after this series (or even this test). I don't see the fuss in Zak Crawley (largely going by stats) either.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2019 20:15]

Day 2 - SA v England on 20:32 - Dec 27 with 706 viewshampstead_blue

Day 2 - SA v England on 20:14 - Dec 27 by gainsboroughblue

No idea but it is so disappointing to see players step up from domestic cricket to get found out time and again.

Sibley was obviously a shoe in after the season he had but I would imagine he will be binned after this series (or even this test). I don't see the fuss in Zak Crawley (largely going by stats) either.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2019 20:15]

Sibley can play and should be given time.
Crawley the same.

Day 2 - SA v England on 20:38 - Dec 27 with 700 viewsgainsboroughblue

Day 2 - SA v England on 20:32 - Dec 27 by hampstead_blue

Sibley can play and should be given time.
Crawley the same.

I do hope you're right.

The cupboard is otherwise pretty bare.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024