Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Title has to be Liverpool’s now... 22:46 - Dec 27 with 1545 viewsSwailsey

I feel confused.

I disliked them for years but now...I like Klopp. I like Milner. Henderson.

What am I? Who is it?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Title has to be Liverpool’s now... on 23:35 - Dec 27 with 1475 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Title has to be Liverpool’s now... on 07:50 - Dec 28 with 1324 viewsITFC_Forever

Used to hate them in the 80s when I was growing up, as every dick at school decided to jump on the bandwagon and then tell everyone who would listen how great they were and how crap ITFC were.

But when we went there for the cup replay in 1992 and had a wander around the ground before the match, the genuine fans there couldn’t have been more friendly and the ovation they gave our team and John Wark in particular changed my view of them.

Then a couple of years later when I was at uni, a couple of mates were Liverpool fans and they took me to a couple of games on the old Kop - the atmosphere and the chance to stand on one of the most famous terraces in the world was something not to miss.

That added with their on-going fight for justice means I actually quite like them now, certainly more than any of the other so called big six (although I don’t mind Spurs either - they’re pretty inoffensive too).

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Title has to be Liverpool’s now... on 08:03 - Dec 28 with 1320 viewsPecker

Old school I'm afraid. Once a Liverpool hater, always a Liverpool hater. Their supporters make me sick.
Title has to be Liverpool’s now... on 08:29 - Dec 28 with 1293 viewsElephantintheRoom

After a few decades of relative wilderness I dont think many begrudge Liverpool their season in the sun. The test will come later.... Pep has been allowed to sign any and every player he wants, wins most things at a canter - and turns into a spoilt child when it goes marginally wrong. Klopp has to avoid the same trap to retain his halo. Other than that they seem well run, and have been preferable to Overseas crooks and an undemocratic oil state with dubious human rights issues as flag bearers for 'English football' AND they have a couple of likeable English players with a few more on the periphery... what's not to like

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Title has to be Liverpool’s now... on 09:26 - Dec 28 with 1247 viewsPecker

Title has to be Liverpool’s now... on 08:29 - Dec 28 by ElephantintheRoom

After a few decades of relative wilderness I dont think many begrudge Liverpool their season in the sun. The test will come later.... Pep has been allowed to sign any and every player he wants, wins most things at a canter - and turns into a spoilt child when it goes marginally wrong. Klopp has to avoid the same trap to retain his halo. Other than that they seem well run, and have been preferable to Overseas crooks and an undemocratic oil state with dubious human rights issues as flag bearers for 'English football' AND they have a couple of likeable English players with a few more on the periphery... what's not to like

Because it is Liverpool.
Title has to be Liverpool’s now... on 10:11 - Dec 28 with 1210 viewssolemio

Title has to be Liverpool’s now... on 08:03 - Dec 28 by Pecker

Old school I'm afraid. Once a Liverpool hater, always a Liverpool hater. Their supporters make me sick.

No, not old.

If you were around in the time of Bill Shankly it was really impossible to dislike Liverpool.
Title has to be Liverpool’s now... on 10:32 - Dec 28 with 1187 viewsHerbivore

Klopp is a good guy, I have a lot of time for him. I like quite a lot of their players as well, so I'd be happy to see them finally win a PL title.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Title has to be Liverpool’s now... on 10:48 - Dec 28 with 1173 viewsJ2BLUE

I've never really liked them but respect and admiration has taken over. They are just so good and Klopp has done a brilliant job. I wish he'd stop whinging about the fixtures but I hope they win it. To go to Leicester and win 4-0 just confirmed they are the real deal.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Title has to be Liverpool’s now... on 11:05 - Dec 28 with 1156 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Never liked Liverpool and never will. However I thought their 87-88 side was as good as any I've seen in club football and Steven Gerrard was a hell of a player.

As for the current side they have some outstanding players. Mane, Salah, VVD, Robertson and Alexander-Arnold are fantastic. Solid goalkeeper, Milner and Henderson never let you down. You can see why they're running away with the league.

However I can't stand Klopp. And Mane should cut out the diving.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2019 11:05]

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Title has to be Liverpool’s now... on 12:41 - Dec 28 with 1087 viewsgainsboroughblue

When live matches were at a premium you could pretty much guarantee they would be on for each of them in the early 80's, and I found them pretty turgid to watch, especially given the back pass rule had yet to be implemented.

I was pleased though to be at Portman Road to watch us beat them twice. 1-0 (D'Avray) and 2-1 (D'Avray, Wilson). A game that I believe is on youtube somewhere.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Title has to be Liverpool’s now... on 19:02 - Dec 28 with 954 viewsBerlinBlue

Title has to be Liverpool’s now... on 10:32 - Dec 28 by Herbivore

Klopp is a good guy, I have a lot of time for him. I like quite a lot of their players as well, so I'd be happy to see them finally win a PL title.

Klopp is about as genuine as they come. A lovely bloke, great sense of humour, and a fantastic manager. He'll go down as a managerial great.

Liverpool are back. I hope we'll be playing them in the league before long.
Title has to be Liverpool’s now... on 19:43 - Dec 28 with 918 viewsPecker

Title has to be Liverpool’s now... on 10:11 - Dec 28 by solemio

No, not old.

If you were around in the time of Bill Shankly it was really impossible to dislike Liverpool.

No it wasn't.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024