Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Play Downes and Dozzell in next 3 league games 12:46 - Dec 29 with 737 viewsCaptMickMills

Best understanding of of our midfield players. Dozzell was starting to play well and then not played. Complfnent each other well.

First half Coventry was best we played, Dozzell was actually decent in second half.

Need Norwood also as he may miss chances but gets in position to have chances.

Play Downes and Dozzell in next 3 league games on 12:54 - Dec 29 with 710 viewspointofblue

Downes, Dozzell, Nolan - started as a midfield three against both Coventry and Bristol Rovers and I’d say we looked the most in control we ever have this season for periods of both (for 45 at Coventry and 60 v Bristol Rovers, when Dozzell was subbed).

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Play Downes and Dozzell in next 3 league games on 13:05 - Dec 29 with 681 viewsKeaneish

Play Downes and Dozzell in next 3 league games on 12:54 - Dec 29 by pointofblue

Downes, Dozzell, Nolan - started as a midfield three against both Coventry and Bristol Rovers and I’d say we looked the most in control we ever have this season for periods of both (for 45 at Coventry and 60 v Bristol Rovers, when Dozzell was subbed).

Downes and Nolan were sharp against Southend too. Personally I’d rather Judge in as the number 10 but I’d be happy with either in a midfield 3 as long as the combination gets a run of 5 games. If Judge, Dozzell, Downes and Dozzell are the four midfielders battling it out for three places then so be it but that’s all we need bar injuries. Skuse, Huws and Bishop need to play there way in on merit. Stick to that and let’s see where we are end of Jan.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 13:11]

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Play Downes and Dozzell in next 3 league games on 13:09 - Dec 29 with 675 viewsbilllm

Play Downes and Dozzell in next 3 league games on 13:05 - Dec 29 by Keaneish

Downes and Nolan were sharp against Southend too. Personally I’d rather Judge in as the number 10 but I’d be happy with either in a midfield 3 as long as the combination gets a run of 5 games. If Judge, Dozzell, Downes and Dozzell are the four midfielders battling it out for three places then so be it but that’s all we need bar injuries. Skuse, Huws and Bishop need to play there way in on merit. Stick to that and let’s see where we are end of Jan.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 13:11]

Might be a bit crowded but that's the way I'd go with 20 on the pitch, soz couldn't resist
Play Downes and Dozzell in next 3 league games on 13:11 - Dec 29 with 672 viewsKeaneish

Play Downes and Dozzell in next 3 league games on 13:09 - Dec 29 by billlm

Might be a bit crowded but that's the way I'd go with 20 on the pitch, soz couldn't resist

Amended 🙂

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Play Downes and Dozzell in next 3 league games on 13:30 - Dec 29 with 624 viewssparks

Play Downes and Dozzell in next 3 league games on 12:54 - Dec 29 by pointofblue

In principle- perhaps. In practice its tidy without having any midfielder running beyond the strikers. Which might be fine if they had wingers to feed. But...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Play Downes and Dozzell in next 3 league games on 14:09 - Dec 29 with 493 viewsblueislander

Play Downes and Dozzell in next 3 league games on 13:30 - Dec 29 by sparks

In principle- perhaps. In practice its tidy without having any midfielder running beyond the strikers. Which might be fine if they had wingers to feed. But...

Do we have a midfielder that does that? Maybe Bishop if he were fit.
Play Downes and Dozzell in next 3 league games on 14:11 - Dec 29 with 482 viewstextbackup

I said this about a month or so back, play them two, with the wolf behind, that's a great 3 footballing brains that have come through the academy playing the same way

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024