Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My 3 steps.. 17:04 - Dec 29 with 549 viewsWacko

1. Identify a style based on another club with proven results, i.e. Sheffield Utd
2. Appoint Klug as Director of Football to implement this style, focussing on getting all our youth teams to buy into this style
3. Appoint a young up and coming coach who's not a moody prick who bangs on about winning the European Cup - someone who can buy into our philosophy and who has a point to prove

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

My 3 steps.. on 17:07 - Dec 29 with 494 viewshaynes_toe1

Number one is a bit moot. You say Sheffield United now but its cyclical. At one point Charlton were the team everyone should model themselves on under Curbishley. Other times its Burnley, other times its Norwich.

I'd rather us come up with our own process and ideas.
My 3 steps.. on 17:07 - Dec 29 with 493 viewsOldsmoker

On point 3.
We need a manager who massages egos not a drill sargeant (like Hurst & sidekick).
Preferably one who speaks clear english and not mumbled scottish.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

My 3 steps.. on 17:08 - Dec 29 with 466 viewspointofblue

Sheffield United took something like five seasons to gain promotion from League One.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

My 3 steps.. on 17:11 - Dec 29 with 421 viewsWacko

My 3 steps.. on 17:08 - Dec 29 by pointofblue

Sheffield United took something like five seasons to gain promotion from League One.

I mean Sheffield Utd now, not when they were in League One. They are a team of nobodies who are far great than the sum of their parts

My 3 steps.. on 17:13 - Dec 29 with 370 viewsWacko

My 3 steps.. on 17:07 - Dec 29 by haynes_toe1

Number one is a bit moot. You say Sheffield United now but its cyclical. At one point Charlton were the team everyone should model themselves on under Curbishley. Other times its Burnley, other times its Norwich.

I'd rather us come up with our own process and ideas.

But if you can see it working for another team, why waste time thinking up your own stuff? The key is to be adaptable. Scum literally copied Huddersfield by getting their director of football and going down the exact same route of appointing their manager
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 17:14]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024