Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chambers and Skuse 18:16 - Dec 29 with 4283 viewsr2d2

They run the show. They have been there too long. They have too much clout. The younger ones know nothing but their way for years now. Time to clear them right out. Think they could be one of the problems there now for any manager.
Chambers and Skuse on 18:17 - Dec 29 with 3289 viewsMrTown

I have heard on many and many occasions that whilst they probably don't run the show they are as close as.

Hurst and Doig struggled with it big time.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Chambers and Skuse on 18:18 - Dec 29 with 3220 viewsOjc

Chambers and Skuse on 18:17 - Dec 29 by MrTown

I have heard on many and many occasions that whilst they probably don't run the show they are as close as.

Time for them to go too then. Like OP says clear the decks
Chambers and Skuse on 18:19 - Dec 29 with 3145 viewsr2d2

Chambers and Skuse on 18:17 - Dec 29 by MrTown

I think they are a bond we could do without now. They would definitely have too much clout over the younger ones.
Chambers and Skuse on 18:19 - Dec 29 with 3140 viewsjas0999

Two very good players for the club. Should be credited for their service.

Nows the time for both to go as way past their best.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 18:46]
Chambers and Skuse on 18:20 - Dec 29 with 3103 viewsWacko

Totally agree. I've played in teams where huge characters stifle other players. And they just havent succeeded in any way since they've been here

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Chambers and Skuse on 18:24 - Dec 29 with 2998 viewsmidastouch

Guess it depends on if you buy into the theory that you can fist pump and side pass your way out of this division?

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Chambers and Skuse on 18:32 - Dec 29 with 2876 viewsGarv

Chambers and Skuse on 18:19 - Dec 29 by jas0999

Two very good players for the club. Should be credited for their service.

Nows the time for both to go as way past their best.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 18:46]

Service definitely, what they've actually produced? I'm not so sure.

With respect to both of them, they've both played more games than they should have. Skuse has somehow been un-droppable for his entire time with us, despite being a midfielder and scoring two goals in six years, and Chambers spent 3 years or so playing right back when, if he wasn't first choice at CB, shouldn't have played. I blame Evans/Mick for not finding a right back in that situation.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Chambers and Skuse on 18:36 - Dec 29 with 2829 viewsSwansea_Blue

Chambers and Skuse on 18:20 - Dec 29 by Wacko

Totally agree. I've played in teams where huge characters stifle other players. And they just havent succeeded in any way since they've been here

I’m not sure Chambo and Skuse are the reason half of the others are total cack.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Chambers and Skuse on 18:38 - Dec 29 with 2759 viewsWacko

Chambers and Skuse on 18:36 - Dec 29 by Swansea_Blue

I’m not sure Chambo and Skuse are the reason half of the others are total cack.

Definitely part of the reason

Chambers and Skuse on 18:45 - Dec 29 with 2664 viewsRadlett_blue

Chambers and Skuse on 18:32 - Dec 29 by Garv

With respect to both of them, they've both played more games than they should have. Skuse has somehow been un-droppable for his entire time with us, despite being a midfielder and scoring two goals in six years, and Chambers spent 3 years or so playing right back when, if he wasn't first choice at CB, shouldn't have played. I blame Evans/Mick for not finding a right back in that situation.

I'm not a huge fan of Skuse, but it may not be a coincidence that he didn't play today and we conceded 5 goals.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Chambers and Skuse on 18:58 - Dec 29 with 2579 viewsWacko

Chambers and Skuse on 18:45 - Dec 29 by Radlett_blue

I'm not a huge fan of Skuse, but it may not be a coincidence that he didn't play today and we conceded 5 goals.

Short-termist comment

Chambers and Skuse on 19:19 - Dec 29 with 2469 viewspablovian

Consciously or unconsciously, entrenched senior employees with years of service in an organization tend to undermine new managers from outside the organization. Hurst's 'throw away your medals' speech was an unsuccessful attempt to impose his authority on McCarthy's squad. Lambert's approach has been more softly-softly.

If I were Lambert, I would have thanked Chambers for years of yeoman service at the end of last season, and wished him success in his future endeavours; and I would not be planning to take up the option on Cole Skuse next summer.

The departure of Skuse would open up opportunities for other midfielders. In the near term, the departure of Chambers would weaken a defensive unit that is already struggling. In my opinion the CB succession issue should have been addressed during the most recent off-season, not next off-season, or (heaven forbid!) the off-season after that ...
Chambers and Skuse on 19:52 - Dec 29 with 2336 viewsTractorWood

Chambers didn't play particularly well today but he ordered around a pretty weak back line well today. There was a free kick where he ordered everyone to hold a very high line and it worked excellently.

I agree you can't have two senior pros running the gaffe but equally without him we look totally devoid of leadership.

I've a love hate relationship with Skuse. He's a good calm head in a crisis but when we are dictating play and need dynamic, expansive and fast football he weighs us down like an anchor.

Thought Garbutt was excellent today and Jackson is committed and hardworking. Downes and Woolfenden were ok but bar that we were pretty dreadful. Sears should help when he has his eye back. Judge is a waste.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 19:56]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Chambers and Skuse on 20:09 - Dec 29 with 2249 viewshaynes_toe1

Easy to say get rid but as two of our better players its maybe not the wisest decision.
Chambers and Skuse on 20:18 - Dec 29 with 2206 viewspennblue

Agree 100%. They need to be doing the business on the pitch, and they are not. So what it sends out the wrong message to the rest of the players. If the Senior players are just plodding along, then the whole team can.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Chambers and Skuse on 21:24 - Dec 29 with 2049 viewsEireannach_gorm

Chambers and Skuse on 18:24 - Dec 29 by midastouch

Guess it depends on if you buy into the theory that you can fist pump and side pass your way out of this division?

I thought desire was the problem?
Chambers and Skuse on 21:32 - Dec 29 with 2007 viewsolimar

Chambers and Skuse on 19:19 - Dec 29 by pablovian

Consciously or unconsciously, entrenched senior employees with years of service in an organization tend to undermine new managers from outside the organization. Hurst's 'throw away your medals' speech was an unsuccessful attempt to impose his authority on McCarthy's squad. Lambert's approach has been more softly-softly.

If I were Lambert, I would have thanked Chambers for years of yeoman service at the end of last season, and wished him success in his future endeavours; and I would not be planning to take up the option on Cole Skuse next summer.

The departure of Skuse would open up opportunities for other midfielders. In the near term, the departure of Chambers would weaken a defensive unit that is already struggling. In my opinion the CB succession issue should have been addressed during the most recent off-season, not next off-season, or (heaven forbid!) the off-season after that ...

The loss of both players will significantly weaken the first team squad and I dont think they hold power over a manager because of their age.
If they were 28 years old and our very best players, potentially likely to look for a move elsewhere if things dont work out, then they would carry power.
But both of them are experienced players near the end of their career- if anything, they need to be totally in the managers pocket, because if they arent, they could easily end up being on his wrong side and not playing games at a stage of their career when they might not have many left.
Chambers and Skuse on 21:35 - Dec 29 with 1989 viewsMullet

Weird how these managers keep picking them and renewing their contracts after so many windows to get rid.

If players like Chambers and Skuse can't be bought onside or ushered out as necessary then these "managers" aren't up to the job are they?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Chambers and Skuse on 21:44 - Dec 29 with 1938 viewsbazgammon

Agree 100%. They are the common denominator in our decline under MM, PH and PH. perhaps they have a lot of power in the changing rooms, but I never rated either, serial losers in recent seasons and they should be moved on in a rebuild. Downes to be skipper and replace Chambers with Wilson or a new centre half.

Poll: Lambert

Chambers and Skuse on 21:46 - Dec 29 with 1921 viewsbazgammon

Chambers and Skuse on 18:32 - Dec 29 by Garv

We had one. Johnathan Parr, MM let him go because he preferred Captain Fist pump at RB.

Chambers and Skuse on 21:53 - Dec 29 with 1890 viewsolimar

Chambers and Skuse on 21:35 - Dec 29 by Mullet

Weird how these managers keep picking them and renewing their contracts after so many windows to get rid.

If players like Chambers and Skuse can't be bought onside or ushered out as necessary then these "managers" aren't up to the job are they?

Exactly.
PL could easily have moved them on if needed. And the players will both know that too.
Player power only works if the player actually holds power. Chambers/Skuse need Lambert as much as he needs them.
Chambers and Skuse on 21:56 - Dec 29 with 1870 viewsolimar

Chambers and Skuse on 21:44 - Dec 29 by bazgammon

Agree 100%. They are the common denominator in our decline under MM, PH and PH. perhaps they have a lot of power in the changing rooms, but I never rated either, serial losers in recent seasons and they should be moved on in a rebuild. Downes to be skipper and replace Chambers with Wilson or a new centre half.

The "common denominator"?
On that basis, we have been on a decline ever since Downes got in the side, so maybe hes a common denominator?
Chambers and Skuse on 21:59 - Dec 29 with 1853 viewsolimar

Chambers and Skuse on 21:46 - Dec 29 by bazgammon

We had one. Johnathan Parr, MM let him go because he preferred Captain Fist pump at RB.

You mean Johnathan Parr who could only get a contract offer from Norway when he wasnt wanted at ITFC?
Chambers and Skuse on 21:59 - Dec 29 with 1849 viewsbazgammon

Chambers and Skuse on 21:56 - Dec 29 by olimar

The "common denominator"?
On that basis, we have been on a decline ever since Downes got in the side, so maybe hes a common denominator?

I meant since MM's departure, read my original post mate.

Chambers and Skuse on 22:02 - Dec 29 with 1835 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Chambers and Skuse on 18:45 - Dec 29 by Radlett_blue

Radlett if Nsiala had played today instead of Chambers then Toto would have been made a scapegoat and people would have been saying that we had missed Chambers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024