Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not based on today but Dozzell.. 21:01 - Dec 29 with 1782 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

..should be absolutely nowhere near a midfield in a two. Far far too lightweight. We can just about get away with it in a three but he’s not big enough or strong to play in a pairing. Downes is a thousand times the player he is and carries him when it’s the pair of them together.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:04 - Dec 29 with 1739 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I thought he was one of if not our best performer today. Certainly though he was better than Downes.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:05 - Dec 29 with 1714 viewsBluefish

Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:04 - Dec 29 by TRUE_BLUE123

I thought he was one of if not our best performer today. Certainly though he was better than Downes.

WTAF?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:06 - Dec 29 with 1711 viewssparks

Quite.

People seem oblivious to players who quietly go about their business of being available, being absolutely trusted receiving it in a tight spot by teammates (and therefore always a viable out-ball for them) and picking quick clean passes which are not just the safe easy option.

Created most of our good work- either directly, or by getting things moving and creating space in the middle with good passes.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:09 - Dec 29 with 1673 viewsitfcjoe

I thought he did ok today, but other than Downes whixh if our midfielders look good in a 2?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:11 - Dec 29 with 1645 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:09 - Dec 29 by itfcjoe

I thought he did ok today, but other than Downes whixh if our midfielders look good in a 2?

True.

I’d prefer Skuse with Downes than Dozzell with Downes though.

Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:12 - Dec 29 with 1633 viewsMrTown

Thought he did fairly well today, I must have been watching a different game
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 21:12]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:12 - Dec 29 with 1627 viewsBluefish

It wasn't his worst game and he tried to get involved but he is way too weak to play in a game like that as a 2 and it also is far too crowded for him to get his passing going. He gave it away quite a bit due to the lack of space, he had to play as the deepest in a 3. It didn't help having judge and Edwards (sears) making up the remaining midfield though, very weak and little support

Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:14 - Dec 29 with 1602 viewsitfcjoe

Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:12 - Dec 29 by Bluefish

It wasn't his worst game and he tried to get involved but he is way too weak to play in a game like that as a 2 and it also is far too crowded for him to get his passing going. He gave it away quite a bit due to the lack of space, he had to play as the deepest in a 3. It didn't help having judge and Edwards (sears) making up the remaining midfield though, very weak and little support

So many times he opened up to play the ball to his wideman but Judge has gone missing so just no option out there, in a structured team he’s excel, we just need a manager who can set a team up consistently

Login to get fewer ads

Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:15 - Dec 29 with 1590 viewscbower

What is the deal with Huws? He clearly needs game time and is getting bog all

bluescouser

Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:15 - Dec 29 with 1571 viewsflimflam

Downes and Dozzell only 2 who turned up today.

If you think Dozzell was our worst player today then you should go get your eyesight checked.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:16 - Dec 29 with 1558 viewsBluefish

Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:14 - Dec 29 by itfcjoe

So many times he opened up to play the ball to his wideman but Judge has gone missing so just no option out there, in a structured team he’s excel, we just need a manager who can set a team up consistently

The team don't know where each other are, they don't have link ups and understanding formed as a unit. How can we change the formation and team so often. If it is right about having 30 unique starting line ups this season it is utterly incredible

Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:18 - Dec 29 with 1539 viewsSmith45

Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:15 - Dec 29 by cbower

What is the deal with Huws? He clearly needs game time and is getting bog all

He’s been nowhere near it in any of the games I’ve seen him this season, games like Col U and Coventry in the Cup he should be running the show and he was awful.
Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:21 - Dec 29 with 1514 viewsitfcjoe

Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:16 - Dec 29 by Bluefish

The team don't know where each other are, they don't have link ups and understanding formed as a unit. How can we change the formation and team so often. If it is right about having 30 unique starting line ups this season it is utterly incredible

There was an interview with Arteta about this, and need to play same team to build partnerships - if you go and make a drink in the kitchen and your wife has moved the glasses it takes longer, you jeee to know where players are and what runs they make etc

It’s obvious to everyone except PL

Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:24 - Dec 29 with 1482 viewsBlueBadger

Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:21 - Dec 29 by itfcjoe

There was an interview with Arteta about this, and need to play same team to build partnerships - if you go and make a drink in the kitchen and your wife has moved the glasses it takes longer, you jeee to know where players are and what runs they make etc

Yes, but The Football Is Better Now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:25 - Dec 29 with 1472 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Has everybody ignored the first four words of the title?

NOT BASED ON TODAY

Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:26 - Dec 29 with 1465 viewsBluefish

Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:21 - Dec 29 by itfcjoe

I'm fine with changes but they should be simple changes in a settled system

Keane for Norwood
Sears for Jackson
Skuse for Dozzell
Wilson for Woolfenden
Kenlock for Garbutt

And only done for the right reasons

We should have a base line up and the options as above to freshen it up.

My base would still be

Holy
KVY Chambers Woolfenden Garbutt
Dozzell
Downes Nolan
Judge
Jackson Norwood

The changes above come in as and when for form and fitness, if they perform then they possibly keep the place. We must agree a system and when possible and reasonable play the strongest side. It screams that PRP has no idea what his best side is, he isn't even close to it judging by the changes

Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:28 - Dec 29 with 1444 viewsBluefish

Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:25 - Dec 29 by The_Romford_Blue

NOT BASED ON TODAY

I've agreed with you

Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:30 - Dec 29 with 1403 viewshomer_123

Given Nolan or Judge don't offer anything over and above Dozzell then I'm very happy to see Dozzer continue in a midfield two.

Both have potential in their respective roles. No one else is offering anything more than they are.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 21:32]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:46 - Dec 29 with 1296 viewsmrshallisfit

Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:18 - Dec 29 by Smith45

He’s been nowhere near it in any of the games I’ve seen him this season, games like Col U and Coventry in the Cup he should be running the show and he was awful.

Huws is a busted flush. Picking up the last half-decent pay cheques in his career.
Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:48 - Dec 29 with 1270 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:05 - Dec 29 by Bluefish

WTAF?

Basically the post means that I thought Dozzell had a good game today and was better than Downes??

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:49 - Dec 29 with 1267 viewsolimar

I thought Downes, Judge and Dozzell all looked decent together in the first half. Interchanged with each other, kept up the urgency, pressed well.
Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:52 - Dec 29 with 1221 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:25 - Dec 29 by The_Romford_Blue

NOT BASED ON TODAY

I get your point, just thought that in a 2, Dozzell looked alright today. Today is the evidence for that.

As Joe has already said, none of our players really work in a 2, except maybe Skuse and Downes, but that isn't working as well as it did start of the season. I would love to see a midfield 3 of Downes, Dozzell and Bishop when fit at home. Swapping Skuse for Dozzell away from home in tougher games.

So I take your point.

Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:53 - Dec 29 with 1213 viewsStNeotsBlue

Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:46 - Dec 29 by mrshallisfit

Huws is a busted flush. Picking up the last half-decent pay cheques in his career.

I disagree. Worth perservering with for potential, needs a run of games as he's played so little football in years.

Chambers said if we can get him fit and firing he's head and shoulders above anything else in this division.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 22:11]
Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:55 - Dec 29 with 1196 viewsKeaneish

Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:24 - Dec 29 by BlueBadger

Yes, but The Football Is Better Now.

...21 times now.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:58 - Dec 29 with 1166 viewsKeaneish

Not based on today but Dozzell.. on 21:14 - Dec 29 by itfcjoe

I though Dozzell was poor today. His first touch wasn’t great and he played so many lazy flighted passes or lobs to players forcing them to take a couple of touches. He’s a frustrating player to watch at times. I think every game I’ve watched him in it feels like he’s going through the motions and treasuring it like a training game.

Agree with the OP. He’s not ready to play in a two.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024