Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More tactical naivety... 21:22 - Dec 29 with 1989 viewsKeaneish

Tactical blunders are becoming a common theme, especially this month. Today we played a high press as we knew they like to play out from the back and at times we hunted in packs well but as soon as that ball went long they broke better than we could recover and we looked ragged for it. In my mind that’s because of the high press. Anyone else see it that way?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

We needed a technical manager... whose tactics//systems are clear... on 23:07 - Dec 29 with 382 viewsunstableblue

... who can flex to suit the opposition if needed.

I am now moving to the opinion Lambert does not show the technical thinking we need, despite some signs of promise in our 1-1 run last season and in halves this term.

I actually thought the press was quite effective today, the problem is it wasn’t consistently executed by all players. We had two five minute spells of good play when the pass and move and triangles that I think Lambert is seeing as an element of his system. But some of the passing from Judge, Dozzell and Edwards was just not crisp enough and we were turning over ball. Then Lincoln just continuously broke and passed round to width and our man marking was unacceptably sloppy.

Have a look at MOTD Keowns technical analysis of Lampards tactical switch today. SCREAMS how important technical management is in the modern game.

Town simply must react against Wycombe. Get tighter. Be effective going forward.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 9:13]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

More tactical naivety... on 00:13 - Dec 30 with 355 viewsbournemouthblue

In regards to the high press, it probably wasn't helped by us having a pretty slow back four

Particularly once Donacien went off

Edwards simply isn't a right back but Wolfy talented as he is, playing at right back meant we ended up with three pretty pedestrian players in the back four

Garbutt whilst talented isn't the best defensively at left back either

We lacked the ability to break up play in the midfield besides Downes which didn't help when we were caught on the counter again and again

iFollow shared some stats at the end of the game which pretty much told you that we lost the physical battle over the game

[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 0:15]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

More tactical naivety... on 00:23 - Dec 30 with 349 viewsMach_foreignBlue

More tactical naivety... on 21:46 - Dec 29 by BlueBadger

People aren't doing their jobs because they don't know what their jobs are because their manager tells them their jobs are different every few working days.

[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 21:46]

Chambers who is a PROVEN CHAMPIONSHIP defender and the rest of this defence need to be told to tackle or close down an opponent don't they?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024