Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you had to choose between 22:39 - Dec 29 with 4277 viewsCopfordBlue

Lambert, Hurst, McCarthy, Jewell or Keane to manage this team until the end of the season who would you go for?

I’d pick McCarthy. Football would be poor but no worse than we witnessed on Boxing Day or some other recent games where we’ve just launched it long. He would get us promoted. His time was up here but as a manager he was far better than any others Evans has appointed.

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

If you had to choose between on 22:41 - Dec 29 with 3221 viewsBlueBadger

Anyone picking anything other than 'McCarthy' Needs sectioning.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If you had to choose between on 22:42 - Dec 29 with 3202 viewsolimar

McCarthy walked into the club and, within a week, had got us defensively solid and within a month we were competitive and winning games.
If we appointed him tomorrow, Id put money on us winning this division. Not saying Id want him to stay beyond that, mind you....
If you had to choose between on 22:43 - Dec 29 with 3179 viewsolimar

If you had to choose between on 22:41 - Dec 29 by BlueBadger

Anyone picking anything other than 'McCarthy' Needs sectioning.

Fair comment. I just replied and didnt actually read the other choices!
If you had to choose between on 22:43 - Dec 29 with 3177 viewsJ2BLUE

MM has his flaws but I think he would have us 6+ points clear at the top by now.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If you had to choose between on 22:44 - Dec 29 with 3162 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Mick....obviously

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

If you had to choose between on 22:45 - Dec 29 with 3159 viewsJ2BLUE

If you had to choose between on 22:42 - Dec 29 by olimar

McCarthy walked into the club and, within a week, had got us defensively solid and within a month we were competitive and winning games.
If we appointed him tomorrow, Id put money on us winning this division. Not saying Id want him to stay beyond that, mind you....

I would. Even if we go up we look a good bet to come straight back down again. If he could come in for 18 months, get us up and stabilise us in mid table it would be a good thing.

I'd quite like the job until the end of the season if Evans wants a cheap option.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If you had to choose between on 22:46 - Dec 29 with 3149 viewsbazgammon

Magilton or Royle

Poll: Lambert

His Holiness Sir Michael Joseph McCarthy Lord of Sexy Land (n/t) on 22:47 - Dec 29 with 3144 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Login to get fewer ads

If you had to choose between on 22:48 - Dec 29 with 3134 viewsSitfcB

Super Mick!

Football wasn’t always bad under him, he changed it from game to game depending on opposition, which Is what you need.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

His Holiness Sir Michael Joseph McCarthy Lord of Sexy Land (n/t) on 22:49 - Dec 29 with 3120 viewsSitfcB

His Holiness Sir Michael Joseph McCarthy Lord of Sexy Land (n/t) on 22:47 - Dec 29 by Bloots

I bloody miss him.

It seems we are already back to a divided fan base again

COYB

If you had to choose between on 22:53 - Dec 29 with 3105 viewsDarkHorse

Difficult one. Would I like an incompetent heap of sh*t or an actual manager (MMC)? Let me see..
If you had to choose between on 23:09 - Dec 29 with 3035 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

If you had to choose between on 22:48 - Dec 29 by SitfcB

Super Mick!

Football wasn’t always bad under him, he changed it from game to game depending on opposition, which Is what you need.

Fans weren't moaning when we won sitters. That Sunderland game we played blinding football.

But lets be honest, in his last year, the football was pretty dire. And I am a Mick fan.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

If you had to choose between on 23:18 - Dec 29 with 2995 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Mick is the only one, then Keane.

I'd choose Magilton over all of them though.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

If you had to choose between on 23:35 - Dec 29 with 2947 viewsSitfcB

If you had to choose between on 23:09 - Dec 29 by TRUE_BLUE123

Fans weren't moaning when we won sitters. That Sunderland game we played blinding football.

But lets be honest, in his last year, the football was pretty dire. And I am a Mick fan.

Yup exactly, the same as this season really, it’s ok when you’re winning.

The relationship between the fans and MM had gone beyond repair so didn’t help matters in the last year.

COYB

If you had to choose between on 23:42 - Dec 29 with 2920 viewsSarge

To the end of the season, Mick without question. Wouldn’t want him at the start of the next season though.
If you had to choose between on 00:29 - Dec 30 with 2844 viewspatrickswell

McCarthy.

The other four can jump in the fecking sea, preferably while crammed into the same wooden barrel.
If you had to choose between on 00:38 - Dec 30 with 2829 viewspatrickswell

I think in terms of the decade, our best period was 2013-16. Mick’s last two years were a slog, but at least the team played with a plan and an identity of some kind.

By contrast Keane, Jewell, Hurst and increasingly Lambert gave us incoherent selections, poor recruitment (more so in the case of Keane, Jewell and Hurst), no real identity in terms of play. They busked it. Unless Lambert can turn this around, Jackie Milburn will find all our managers, bar McCarthy, from this decade ranked below him in any list of ITFC managers achievement.
If you had to choose between on 00:56 - Dec 30 with 2806 viewspointofblue

Mick’s era fell apart after the 5-1 reverse at Reading. We didn’t even deserve to lose, let alone be thrashed, but he reverted to safety first and the die was cast. It’s a shame as we started that season playing very attractive football.

In answer to the OP - obviously Mick.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

If you had to choose between on 02:20 - Dec 30 with 2747 viewsJ4ck22

I’m amazed that some people are saying Mick, but would happily ditch him after getting promoted. I think we would need a steady hand to keep us in the Championship after getting back there, he’d probably be good for that too...
If you had to choose between on 06:48 - Dec 30 with 2598 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Can I have Jim?

Poll: Final points total?

If you had to choose between on 07:54 - Dec 30 with 2512 viewsBluebell

If you had to choose between on 23:35 - Dec 29 by SitfcB

Yup exactly, the same as this season really, it’s ok when you’re winning.

The relationship between the fans and MM had gone beyond repair so didn’t help matters in the last year.

Not all the fans. Some of us wanted him to stay and would have him back in a heartbeat.

Who wouldn’t want to be in the middle of the Championship now?
If you had to choose between on 07:59 - Dec 30 with 2496 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Agreed.

And agreed.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

If you had to choose between on 08:00 - Dec 30 with 2492 viewsITFC_Forever

Why does it have to be one of them?

There are more players / managers out there than those who used to play for us.

Anyway, the answer is Royle.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

If you had to choose between on 08:00 - Dec 30 with 2492 viewsChrisd

It has to be McCarthy, the rest made a complete mess of the job. MM would have us better organised, more structured in our play but as you rightly say the football wouldn't be the most eye catching. That's the concern with ME, when PL goes who is he going to recruit next? His managerial appointments reflect his time as owner of our club......shambolic!

I bet MM is having right good laugh at our expense.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 8:17]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

If you had to choose between on 08:08 - Dec 30 with 2458 viewsgainsboroughblue

If you had to choose between on 22:42 - Dec 29 by olimar

If we went up, we would need him next season.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024