Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As usual Watson spot on. 22:57 - Dec 29 with 4304 viewsjasondozzell

Not good enough but some good moments particularly in our reaction to their first goal. There were some positives.

Legitimate concerns but think we've got to back Lambert. Toxic atmosphere not going to help.

As usual Watson spot on. on 22:58 - Dec 29 with 4268 viewsJ2BLUE

Big game against the league leaders live on Sky on Wednesday. Great chance for Lambert and the squad to restore the faith.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

As usual Watson spot on. on 22:59 - Dec 29 with 4259 viewsolimar

I thought we played pretty well in the first half, certainly better than in recent games and deserved to be level.
But the second goal was catastrophic and at totally the wrong time.
I think there is something in a midfield with Judge/Dozzell/Downes as they are all comfortable on the ball and Downes/Judge and Edwards pressed well too.

Problem is that we got completely caught by balls in behind the fullbacks, with little cover.
It didnt help having to play 3 different players at RB either.
As usual Watson spot on. on 23:00 - Dec 29 with 4250 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He is literally spent on most of the time. Yet some of our fans were giving him stick on twitter for being one of the reasons Mick went.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

As usual Watson spot on. on 23:02 - Dec 29 with 4230 viewsolimar

As usual Watson spot on. on 22:58 - Dec 29 by J2BLUE

Big game against the league leaders live on Sky on Wednesday. Great chance for Lambert and the squad to restore the faith.

Just to pre-empt it, I think we have to expect there will be changes on Wednesday.
And thats reasonable given that we will be playing our 3rd game inside a week and Norris, Donacien, Garbutt, Woolfenden, Edwards, Judge, Norwood and Jackson have all started both games.
Id be really surprised to see all of them start again on Wednesday. If Nolan and Skuse are fit, Id expect to see both back in the team, but if we have to change Edwards and Judge, then it might mean a formation change too.
I will have some sympathy for it this time.
As usual Watson spot on. on 23:02 - Dec 29 with 4227 viewsjasondozzell

Exactly. A win there would make a big difference. Need a response.
As usual Watson spot on. on 23:05 - Dec 29 with 4191 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

League leaders who have been wobbling a bit of late too

Great opportunity and very winnable despite their lofty position - although I’ve thought that about the last few games!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

As usual Watson spot on. on 23:05 - Dec 29 with 4185 viewsjasondozzell

As usual Watson spot on. on 22:59 - Dec 29 by olimar

I thought we played pretty well in the first half, certainly better than in recent games and deserved to be level.
But the second goal was catastrophic and at totally the wrong time.
I think there is something in a midfield with Judge/Dozzell/Downes as they are all comfortable on the ball and Downes/Judge and Edwards pressed well too.

Problem is that we got completely caught by balls in behind the fullbacks, with little cover.
It didnt help having to play 3 different players at RB either.

Agree. Norris error was a real sucker punch at end of first half. Edwards is not a RB and it showed.

Yep - Downes and Doz looked good. Just wish Dozzell just had a little bit more devilment to him.

Judge is a very good footballer but so much better from number 10.
As usual Watson spot on. on 23:07 - Dec 29 with 4169 viewsjasondozzell

As usual Watson spot on. on 23:00 - Dec 29 by TRUE_BLUE123

He is literally spent on most of the time. Yet some of our fans were giving him stick on twitter for being one of the reasons Mick went.

Bizarre isn't it. He's never rash and I think always very fair. Excellent reporter.
Login to get fewer ads

As usual Watson spot on. on 23:08 - Dec 29 with 4156 viewsjasondozzell

As usual Watson spot on. on 23:02 - Dec 29 by olimar

Just to pre-empt it, I think we have to expect there will be changes on Wednesday.
And thats reasonable given that we will be playing our 3rd game inside a week and Norris, Donacien, Garbutt, Woolfenden, Edwards, Judge, Norwood and Jackson have all started both games.
Id be really surprised to see all of them start again on Wednesday. If Nolan and Skuse are fit, Id expect to see both back in the team, but if we have to change Edwards and Judge, then it might mean a formation change too.
I will have some sympathy for it this time.

Fair point. Think Keane has earned a start with his goal today.
As usual Watson spot on. on 23:10 - Dec 29 with 4132 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

As usual Watson spot on. on 23:07 - Dec 29 by jasondozzell

Bizarre isn't it. He's never rash and I think always very fair. Excellent reporter.

His job is to reflect the mood and he does that perfectly.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

As usual Watson spot on. on 23:10 - Dec 29 with 4126 viewsjasondozzell

As usual Watson spot on. on 23:05 - Dec 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Great opportunity and very winnable despite their lofty position - although I’ve thought that about the last few games!

Win and things will look very different. Dread to think of what it will be like if we lose.
As usual Watson spot on. on 23:15 - Dec 29 with 4072 viewsolimar

As usual Watson spot on. on 23:05 - Dec 29 by jasondozzell

Agree. Norris error was a real sucker punch at end of first half. Edwards is not a RB and it showed.

Yep - Downes and Doz looked good. Just wish Dozzell just had a little bit more devilment to him.

Judge is a very good footballer but so much better from number 10.

Know what you mean about Dozzell. Needs a bit more aggression, or more simply to just get right forward and push at the opposition, put fear into them.
I think too often hes deep enough that he doesnt really pose them enough problems.
As usual Watson spot on. on 23:19 - Dec 29 with 4034 viewsolimar

As usual Watson spot on. on 23:08 - Dec 29 by jasondozzell

Fair point. Think Keane has earned a start with his goal today.

Yeah, going through it a lot depends on the fitness of Donacien, Skuse and Nolan.
If all are fit, I think all will play. If Donacien isnt fit, then I doubt we will change too much defensively and Wilson will come in at right back (or swap with Woolfenden).

Up front, Keane for Norwood.
Keep Jackson for his pace, especially away from home.

Sears not fit enough yet and probably played more than expected today too.
As usual Watson spot on. on 23:27 - Dec 29 with 3985 viewsBlueBadger

Got 'absolute clusterf*ck written all over it' hasn't it?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

As usual Watson spot on. on 23:28 - Dec 29 with 3973 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

As usual Watson spot on. on 23:27 - Dec 29 by BlueBadger

Got 'absolute clusterf*ck written all over it' hasn't it?

1-0 Wycombe. Bet your house on it.

As usual Watson spot on. on 00:04 - Dec 30 with 3791 viewsradiogaga

Lambert has to start Holy at Wycombe, otherwise I have lost faith in what he is doing completely. How on earth it has got to this point with playing Norris ahead of him, I just do not get it. Holy is clearly a far better keeper, and he's ours. But therein is the insanity of Lambert's man management I guess. Garbutt is clearly more suited to left midfield than left back, particularly with midfield creativity proving to be such an issue. Defensively he is not solid, so what risk is there in playing Kenlock at left back and pushing Garbutt further forward. We started the season that way. The squad is imbalanced in midfield - Georgiou clearly wasn't the answer, so instead we have persevered with Edwards and Judge out wide. Surely El Mizouni and Dobra could not have done worse if given more game time.

I expect to see at least an identity in how we play after 14 months of his 'plan'. Defensively we are very poor, as we have been throughout his tenure (barring a 7-10 game run where we didn't concede many this season). Midfield struggles to create chances or even dig in to control games/ play on the front foot, certainly cannot break teams down, certainly does not support the back four, still no natural width and quality of service to the strikers very poor. Norwood, perhaps being unfair, but looks very much like what he was when we signed him and nothing more. A league two striker with an ego. Have not seen what the fuss is about with him yet, certainly not to suggest he is anymore than a half decent league one striker. Jackson has easily looked our best striker. We still lack cohesion and look disjointed, which after the length of time he has worked with the majority of the current squad throughout, is very poor. I don't see how one win can restore the faith, for me he has not shown any ability to turn this team around or improve it measurably.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 0:09]

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

All of our games since October have been 'very winnable'. (n/t) on 00:13 - Dec 30 with 3745 viewsBlueBadger

As usual Watson spot on. on 23:05 - Dec 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

As usual Watson spot on. on 06:54 - Dec 30 with 3441 viewsBlueAllOver

As usual Watson spot on. on 00:04 - Dec 30 by radiogaga

Lambert has to start Holy at Wycombe, otherwise I have lost faith in what he is doing completely. How on earth it has got to this point with playing Norris ahead of him, I just do not get it. Holy is clearly a far better keeper, and he's ours. But therein is the insanity of Lambert's man management I guess. Garbutt is clearly more suited to left midfield than left back, particularly with midfield creativity proving to be such an issue. Defensively he is not solid, so what risk is there in playing Kenlock at left back and pushing Garbutt further forward. We started the season that way. The squad is imbalanced in midfield - Georgiou clearly wasn't the answer, so instead we have persevered with Edwards and Judge out wide. Surely El Mizouni and Dobra could not have done worse if given more game time.

I expect to see at least an identity in how we play after 14 months of his 'plan'. Defensively we are very poor, as we have been throughout his tenure (barring a 7-10 game run where we didn't concede many this season). Midfield struggles to create chances or even dig in to control games/ play on the front foot, certainly cannot break teams down, certainly does not support the back four, still no natural width and quality of service to the strikers very poor. Norwood, perhaps being unfair, but looks very much like what he was when we signed him and nothing more. A league two striker with an ego. Have not seen what the fuss is about with him yet, certainly not to suggest he is anymore than a half decent league one striker. Jackson has easily looked our best striker. We still lack cohesion and look disjointed, which after the length of time he has worked with the majority of the current squad throughout, is very poor. I don't see how one win can restore the faith, for me he has not shown any ability to turn this team around or improve it measurably.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 0:09]

Totally agree, couldn't believe Norris, Edwards & Judge all started yesterday.

Although not a fan of Kenlock as you say if you want to play 4-4-2 then that would give us better balance.

Keane should be given a run in the team, could work well with Sears once he gets up to speed.

A new manager I believe could quickly turnaround the team, as a lot of the problems have been created by Lambert himself, how can the defence have any chance when its constant chop and change and that includes the keeper. Send Norris back and stick with Holy.
As usual Watson spot on. on 07:31 - Dec 30 with 3356 viewsKeaneish

As usual Watson spot on. on 23:00 - Dec 29 by TRUE_BLUE123

He probably was one of the reasons Mick went. Watson reflected an accurate sentiment among the vast majority who were voting with their feet. No manager would have liked having a mirror held up especially in the face of declining attendances.

It’ll be really interesting to see what team emerges on Wednesday and what system we use. We changed up at home to them and that game was the start of some rotten displays. Time to redress the balance otherwise PL may we’ll be gone.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

As usual Watson spot on. on 07:56 - Dec 30 with 3159 viewsChrisd

As usual Watson spot on. on 07:31 - Dec 30 by Keaneish

He probably was one of the reasons Mick went. Watson reflected an accurate sentiment among the vast majority who were voting with their feet. No manager would have liked having a mirror held up especially in the face of declining attendances.

It’ll be really interesting to see what team emerges on Wednesday and what system we use. We changed up at home to them and that game was the start of some rotten displays. Time to redress the balance otherwise PL may we’ll be gone.

Whats ME's ambition for this season? Naturally, we are thinking like supporters and we want the club promoted asap, but is ME on the same page as us all? If promotion is his objective, then I'd give PL the Wycombe game, however if we suffer another defeat it's time for him to go. Currently, we look a side incapable of finishing in the top 6, we just don't look good enough to maintain that status. The players haven't helped themselves and I still firmly believe we are over-hyping a lot of the squad and their capabilities, but the blame also lies firmly at the manager's door and the lack of progress we have made since PL was appointed.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 8:02]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024