Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert out??? ........... NO! 23:38 - Dec 29 with 3663 viewsIpswich_Crazy

Any fan that wants Lambert out needs to realize, if we do what good would it do? Plus Evans would have to pay Lambert off then would mean hardly any money for signings! Lambert has done a lot for this club there is no denying it, Only gripe I have with Lambert is, I wish he would keep with a team that works and stop keep changing it when a team plays well! I don't agree with Lambert out as it would not solve anything!

That's my opinion and rant over!

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 00:11 - Dec 30 with 3176 viewsBlueBadger

What exactly has Lambert done for ITFC 'off pitch' other than some nice interviews and a couple of pints for Fanzone types?
On-pitch, he's gotten us relegated and is now doing his best to keep us down in division 3, off-pitch he's done some interviews and bought some drinks. Frankly, I don't think it's Fan Entitlement to suggest that he could have done more.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 0:35]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 00:19 - Dec 30 with 3142 viewsHerbivore

The good it would do is that we might get a competent manager instead. We don't need money for signings right now, we need someone to get the best out of what we've got, which should be good enough to take us up.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 00:19 - Dec 30 with 3147 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 00:11 - Dec 30 by BlueBadger

What exactly has Lambert done for ITFC 'off pitch' other than some nice interviews and a couple of pints for Fanzone types?
On-pitch, he's gotten us relegated and is now doing his best to keep us down in division 3, off-pitch he's done some interviews and bought some drinks. Frankly, I don't think it's Fan Entitlement to suggest that he could have done more.

Double standards for you. Chambers gives nice interviews too but there is a different story when he's on the pitch.
Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 00:32 - Dec 30 with 3110 viewsGarv

You have no idea what he’s done. It’s not as if we see everything.

That’s like saying what has Evans done for the club? What does Lee O’Neil do for the club?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 00:33 - Dec 30 with 3100 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 00:19 - Dec 30 by Mach_foreignBlue

Double standards for you. Chambers gives nice interviews too but there is a different story when he's on the pitch.

Chambers hasn't, to my knowledge, been responsible for an endless churn of players and formations that actively encourages disjointed teams which basically guarantee errors and gaps in play, regardless of how experienced the side is.

Although, to be fair, he was picked and played regularly by a manager who routinely achieved top-half finishes a division higher than the one we're currently in serious danger of languishing in so it's clearly a;ll his fault.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 00:39 - Dec 30 with 3073 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 00:32 - Dec 30 by Garv

You have no idea what he’s done. It’s not as if we see everything.

That’s like saying what has Evans done for the club? What does Lee O’Neil do for the club?

Well, what Evans does for the club is plain to see - he contributes a bare minimum of funding to keep the club afloat and occasionally releases funds to allow managers(usually the incompetent ones) to buy terrible players. O'Neill does the paperwork and groundwork in acquiring said players.
What's Lambert done for the club?

Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 01:03 - Dec 30 with 3027 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 00:33 - Dec 30 by BlueBadger

Chambers hasn't, to my knowledge, been responsible for an endless churn of players and formations that actively encourages disjointed teams which basically guarantee errors and gaps in play, regardless of how experienced the side is.

Although, to be fair, he was picked and played regularly by a manager who routinely achieved top-half finishes a division higher than the one we're currently in serious danger of languishing in so it's clearly a;ll his fault.

So given your logic Chambers is free of organising his defence, shout at them, tackling an opponent etc etc. Free pass to him no matter what he does on the pitch. He's a sacred cow. It's all managers fault ha ha ha ha.
Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 01:27 - Dec 30 with 2985 viewsGarv

Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 00:39 - Dec 30 by BlueBadger

Well, what Evans does for the club is plain to see - he contributes a bare minimum of funding to keep the club afloat and occasionally releases funds to allow managers(usually the incompetent ones) to buy terrible players. O'Neill does the paperwork and groundwork in acquiring said players.
What's Lambert done for the club?

Most good things he has done are mocked by you, but I’ll humour you.

He got people interested again, even if just through pure enthusiasm about the club and what it could be, even if it was bull. Signing players like Judge my and Norwood helped that wave of enthusiasm. We all know Judge hasn’t lived up to his billing and Norwood isn’t the messiah, but they were signed for the right reasons.

Otherwise, like I say, you and most of us have no idea. Do you have any idea what goes on behind the scenes at the club day to day? Do you know the conversations that are had between owner and manager, manager and technical director etc? I don’t know either, so my point is you can’t say the guy has done nothing for the club, apart from talk the club up, put money behind the bar and pay for away travel, which by the way are good things and shouldn’t be used a ‘all he’s done’ remark.

By all accounts Lambert didn’t hold back when he came in and told Evans what he thought, that in itself is a big thing. Hurst said similar things but he had less credit in the bank to back it up with and he was never going to get people to listen to him while we were losing every week. Maybe Lambert is full of crap, but we’ve been a heap of crap ourselves for a decade. We’re not in League One because the club is being run well, are we?

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 08:30 - Dec 30 with 2666 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 01:27 - Dec 30 by Garv

Most good things he has done are mocked by you, but I’ll humour you.

He got people interested again, even if just through pure enthusiasm about the club and what it could be, even if it was bull. Signing players like Judge my and Norwood helped that wave of enthusiasm. We all know Judge hasn’t lived up to his billing and Norwood isn’t the messiah, but they were signed for the right reasons.

Otherwise, like I say, you and most of us have no idea. Do you have any idea what goes on behind the scenes at the club day to day? Do you know the conversations that are had between owner and manager, manager and technical director etc? I don’t know either, so my point is you can’t say the guy has done nothing for the club, apart from talk the club up, put money behind the bar and pay for away travel, which by the way are good things and shouldn’t be used a ‘all he’s done’ remark.

By all accounts Lambert didn’t hold back when he came in and told Evans what he thought, that in itself is a big thing. Hurst said similar things but he had less credit in the bank to back it up with and he was never going to get people to listen to him while we were losing every week. Maybe Lambert is full of crap, but we’ve been a heap of crap ourselves for a decade. We’re not in League One because the club is being run well, are we?

The matchday experience improvement has very little to do with him though. It's mostly down to the efforts of people like Blue Action.

Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 08:38 - Dec 30 with 2637 viewsLRB84UK

Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 00:19 - Dec 30 by Herbivore

The good it would do is that we might get a competent manager instead. We don't need money for signings right now, we need someone to get the best out of what we've got, which should be good enough to take us up.

No decent manager is going to want to come to us! We turn on the managers as soon as things dont go our way, our best players are sold time and time again for little to no money, no money is available for signings. Moral is low on and off the pitch. How ever things are going at the moment we are lucky to have a manager at all. As long as Evan's is involved with the club nothing will improve, you could give the job to Mourinho and nothing would change!
Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 08:49 - Dec 30 with 2568 viewsHerbivore

Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 08:38 - Dec 30 by LRB84UK

No decent manager is going to want to come to us! We turn on the managers as soon as things dont go our way, our best players are sold time and time again for little to no money, no money is available for signings. Moral is low on and off the pitch. How ever things are going at the moment we are lucky to have a manager at all. As long as Evan's is involved with the club nothing will improve, you could give the job to Mourinho and nothing would change!

Yeah, I don't really agree with any of that. Lambert has had 14 months of failure before the fans have started to turn on him. Relative to our level he was backed well in the summer and no players were sold, despite bids. When we sell it is usually for a decent price. Plenty of managers and young coaches would jump at the chance of managing us, we have the strongest squad in League 1 and remarkably we're still close to the automatic promotion places. A few trained monkeys would fancy their chances of getting us up, let alone actual football people.

Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 08:53 - Dec 30 with 2561 viewshadleighboyblue

Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 08:38 - Dec 30 by LRB84UK

The problem right now is the constant rotation , poor tactics , not getting the best out of one of the strongest squads in the division and a lack of a leader on the pitch . The players look lost .

As far as I know that has to be down to the manager , not the owner .
Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 08:54 - Dec 30 with 2552 viewsAYACCA

If we got Warnock then it would be worth sacrificing Lambert, only cause I think Warnock is a better manager and more likely to get us up.
Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 09:24 - Dec 30 with 2482 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 01:03 - Dec 30 by Mach_foreignBlue

So given your logic Chambers is free of organising his defence, shout at them, tackling an opponent etc etc. Free pass to him no matter what he does on the pitch. He's a sacred cow. It's all managers fault ha ha ha ha.

Of course he's not. But his manager should be putting in place foundations and structures that mean he can do that effectively.

I don't know why I'm arguing with you about this, as far as you're concerned Chambers is bad news purely on the basis that Mick made him captain.

Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 10:43 - Dec 30 with 2382 viewsOxford_Blue

That is harsh.

He has - until very recently - reconnected the club and fans after the MM era, and attendances have increased significantly.

The recent drop in form is a problem but there is plenty of time to sort it out. A win against Wycombe is the perfect tonic.
Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 10:46 - Dec 30 with 2373 viewsIpswichKnight

We might win some home games for a start I think it’s like 7/8 wins at home in the calendar year is appalling.
Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 11:05 - Dec 30 with 2333 viewsGaryCooper

Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 10:43 - Dec 30 by Oxford_Blue

That is harsh.

He has - until very recently - reconnected the club and fans after the MM era, and attendances have increased significantly.

The recent drop in form is a problem but there is plenty of time to sort it out. A win against Wycombe is the perfect tonic.

The start of the season was the blip in form, the remainder has been woeful, yes I have turned, Lambert is incompetent in the main thread of management, organising the team on the pitch.
Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 11:44 - Dec 30 with 2293 viewsBluebell

Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 01:03 - Dec 30 by Mach_foreignBlue

Ok we get it. You don't like Chambers. Maybe Toto could be manager!

I hate getting rid of managers but I really can't believe some of the decisions Lambert makes.

For the Gillingham game he played 5 of Hurst's players (I admit Jackson is one I feel should be playing) when we have Huws, Dozzell, Dobra and others on the bench. We all know Donacien is only playing because KVY is injured. It is obvious Lambert prefers a loan keeper who is making numerous mistakes when our own keeper is on the bench. Georgiou was sent back when he was never given a chance.

Surely even you can see that his rotation of players is never going to work but Lambert still insists on changing all the time.

If someone could tell Lambert to stick to his best team and not confusing all the players, it has to be better.

We have the players, let's get the best out of them.

And that includes playing Chambers and Skuse!
Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 15:04 - Dec 30 with 2202 viewsGarv

Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 08:30 - Dec 30 by BlueBadger

The matchday experience improvement has very little to do with him though. It's mostly down to the efforts of people like Blue Action.

Who Lambert met with.

Why does it have to be all down to him or not at all? Just showing an interest in Blue Action probably impressed some of those guys. I doubt any previous managers have done it.

Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 16:25 - Dec 30 with 2153 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 09:24 - Dec 30 by BlueBadger

Of course he's not. But his manager should be putting in place foundations and structures that mean he can do that effectively.

I don't know why I'm arguing with you about this, as far as you're concerned Chambers is bad news purely on the basis that Mick made him captain.

You aren't grasping this at all or deliberately dodging the main issue.

It's about the player and his responsibilities on the pitch. No matter what formation we play we have to tackle/close down an onrushing opponent. That's one of the elementary things.

If I don't do my job properly at my work I'll get scolded/disciplined. Not my manager just me. Why a professional footballer when not doing his duties is free of criticism?

Chambers has given yet another 'nice interview' in which he looks 'broken'. All these nice words whereas there is no talk on the pitch. But in your weird world he's a sacred cow and it's all the managers fault.
Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 16:30 - Dec 30 with 2137 viewsHerbivore

Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 16:25 - Dec 30 by Mach_foreignBlue

You aren't grasping this at all or deliberately dodging the main issue.

It's about the player and his responsibilities on the pitch. No matter what formation we play we have to tackle/close down an onrushing opponent. That's one of the elementary things.

If I don't do my job properly at my work I'll get scolded/disciplined. Not my manager just me. Why a professional footballer when not doing his duties is free of criticism?

Chambers has given yet another 'nice interview' in which he looks 'broken'. All these nice words whereas there is no talk on the pitch. But in your weird world he's a sacred cow and it's all the managers fault.

You seem to be suggesting that our players' unwillingness or inability to tackle and close down effectively is more down to Chambers than to Lambert
That's a rather odd suggestion.

Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 16:42 - Dec 30 with 2121 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 16:30 - Dec 30 by Herbivore

You seem to be suggesting that our players' unwillingness or inability to tackle and close down effectively is more down to Chambers than to Lambert
That's a rather odd suggestion.

So what's Chambers' and rest of defence duties on the pitch then?

Just to be out there and that will do for some, eh? And that is really odd.
Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 17:14 - Dec 30 with 2082 viewsHerbivore

Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 16:42 - Dec 30 by Mach_foreignBlue

So what's Chambers' and rest of defence duties on the pitch then?

Just to be out there and that will do for some, eh? And that is really odd.

Chambers should take responsibility for his own performance, which he has, but the collective performance of the team is on the manager and not on Chambers. I'm pretty sure Chambers wasn't individually responsible for the five goals yesterday, most of them came through the left CB channel as it goes and he was on the right side. I find it really odd that you're so up in arms about one player rather than the failure of the management team to get us playing the game properly.

Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 17:24 - Dec 30 with 2066 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 17:14 - Dec 30 by Herbivore

Chambers should take responsibility for his own performance, which he has, but the collective performance of the team is on the manager and not on Chambers. I'm pretty sure Chambers wasn't individually responsible for the five goals yesterday, most of them came through the left CB channel as it goes and he was on the right side. I find it really odd that you're so up in arms about one player rather than the failure of the management team to get us playing the game properly.

Aha ! That means in your view that Chambers is completely free of criticism and organising the defence despite being a skipper. No tackle, no closing down an opponent......it's all managers fault and Chambers is fine, you logic is strange but it hardly surprises me. Football must be a unique environment when it's all managers fault when a player doesn't do his elementary duties.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 17:25]
Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 17:25 - Dec 30 with 2060 viewshaynes_toe1

Lambert out??? ........... NO! on 17:14 - Dec 30 by Herbivore

Because he's one of those who licked PL arse to the point that it now looks a bit silly to backtrack. Same as those who hounded out McCarthy still trying to find reasons why McCarthy is awful and Lambert is god. Maybe it's a bit of both in this situation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024