Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chambo and Skuse 12:29 - Dec 30 with 1231 viewsJoHnNnY

I agree to a large percentage of what’s said about these 2 to a degree, and maybe it is time to make them fringe/support staff.

Chambers wouldn’t have got a game a few seasons ago if he didn’t switch to RB, when he did got skinned regular - “he’s not a RB” was his supporters cry... true.
We massively lack creativity, you can’t play Downes and Skuse together - end of. When Lankester and Bish are fit, Skuse shouldn’t get anywhere near the squad.

However “bad” we were yesterday, Downes and Dozzell are our best fit pairing at the moment, (I’m still not sure what Huws would offer over Downes on the showings he’s had so far this year)

Judge aside from all the huff and “effort” he’s been effectiveness as a creative player needs to be questioned now - he’s had a LONG time to prove himself. I’d let him go to free up wages personally.

Playing the likes of Skuse now in my opinion stifles the progression of players like McGavin - who I believe will be our best CM for a lot of years - but we need to be blooding him now.
Unfortunately he’ll probably be sold before he even gets much of a sniff here, just like Webster as other clubs will take the chance and offer him a way of regular footy.

It’s annoying that we used to send our young players out to this league to get them up and running.... and now, all you hear is “They’re just kids”. Nonsense.

If you’ve seen all the matches this season you’ll know the best fearless footy we’ve played is against Peterborough in the cup, McGavin was solid, Dobra was the type of “Judge terrior” on the pitch (yes he’s been unlucky with ref card throwing, but not dirty)

We are wealthy in numbers in midfield and if any of those youngsters are sold and we keep playing Skuse, I’m afraid the club still has a skewed focus in my opinion.

I like Norwood passion and effort - but the Tranmere team were built around him, and got so much service. He will come good I’m sure. I believe him and Sears will be our best pairing next year.

BUT WE NEED TO STOP TINKERING.... SETTLE THE SIDE DOWN LAMBERT!!. We need a RB on loan for a couple of months... or recall Ndaba..... Edwards is not an option, like Toto - a walking foul.

My starting team for WW on NYD

Holy
Ndaba, Woolfy, Wilson, Kenlock
Jackson, Downes, Dozzell, Garbutt
Sears Norwood

Can we just play some attractive football please?
Poll: Who would like to see a return of the previous badge design?

Chambo and Skuse on 12:35 - Dec 30 with 1207 viewsJoHnNnY

* I would consider Keane for Nors too on form.

When KVY is fit, I’d put him RM instead of Jackson.. and still sign a RB

Chambo and Skuse on 12:40 - Dec 30 with 1205 viewsMullet

Chambers has "got a game" from four consecutive managers now. He was the best right back of the past decade, I do wish people would stop rewriting history on stuff like this to make a spurious point. Watch him at our best and leads the team, it's no coincidence as he has aged and declined so have we. People really need to go back to Mick's era and watch those games again it seems.

I'm not sure Downes and Dozzell work together either, maybe because we are so bad out wide and up top, but a better side than Lincoln will bypass them pretty easily with great effect.

When we were scoring goals who was in midfield?

Skuse is in his last season and rightly so, but the fact he is so vital still is incredibly damning. A fit Bishop, Lankester, Huws, Sears, KVY etc. how big of a list and how many players can we exactly be waiting on for it not be a matter of looking to others and the manager? As for McGavin how will blooding him work when you want to play Downes and Dozzell?

I agree with the last part, but there seems massive contradictions here.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Chambo and Skuse on 12:47 - Dec 30 with 1188 viewsWallingford_Boy

Skuse still does a job, been a little off the last few games (but who hasn't been?!), but still deserves to be in the side, or certainly around the first XI.

As for Chambers, I'd actually rather have Toto. It's almost funny watching him during our goals, slipping over, being wrong footed, outpaced, etc.

Bring in Wilson, making Downes skipper and giving Chambers a coaching role.

RIP Sir Bobby

Chambo and Skuse on 12:53 - Dec 30 with 1178 viewsJoHnNnY

Chambo and Skuse on 12:40 - Dec 30 by Mullet

Chambers has "got a game" from four consecutive managers now. He was the best right back of the past decade, I do wish people would stop rewriting history on stuff like this to make a spurious point. Watch him at our best and leads the team, it's no coincidence as he has aged and declined so have we. People really need to go back to Mick's era and watch those games again it seems.

I'm not sure Downes and Dozzell work together either, maybe because we are so bad out wide and up top, but a better side than Lincoln will bypass them pretty easily with great effect.

Skuse is in his last season and rightly so, but the fact he is so vital still is incredibly damning. A fit Bishop, Lankester, Huws, Sears, KVY etc. how big of a list and how many players can we exactly be waiting on for it not be a matter of looking to others and the manager? As for McGavin how will blooding him work when you want to play Downes and Dozzell?

Blooding by having him on the bench and giving him 20 mins here and there?

Yes Chambo has “got a game” because we’ve been so light in recognised CB and like other posters have said on here, he’s undroppable as he’s “Mr Ipswich”, therefore stopped us looking to strengthen in CB and RB positions as “he’d do”.

The last solid CB pairing for me was Mowbray and McGreal... that’s how long we’ve been frail, hence the slow decline into League 1.

I’m not denying the MM era was dire... it truly was, but he was just keeping us afloat with what he could... we haven’t had many “ballers” for a LONG time.

I am also looking at the manager, he tells them how top play, what system to shape up with - and calls the changes when the system is obviously falling apart. We’re in a rut, and need something to give us a kick start.

Let’s say you couldn’t pick Downes or Dozzell.... Your choice would be Skuse and?....

Chambo and Skuse on 12:54 - Dec 30 with 1174 viewsTractorCam

Downes and Skuse played together all the time at the start when we were banging in goals.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Chambo and Skuse on 13:04 - Dec 30 with 1144 viewstextbackup

Chambo and Skuse on 12:40 - Dec 30 by Mullet

Best right back in the decade?! Ffs do me a favour

KVY has surpassed him in about 5 games

LC playing there added a more solid base to the team, but offered nothing going forwards, so the team suffered because of that. He done a job, nothing more nothing less.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 13:08]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Chambo and Skuse on 13:08 - Dec 30 with 1132 viewsMullet

Chambo and Skuse on 12:53 - Dec 30 by JoHnNnY

Blooding by having him on the bench and giving him 20 mins here and there?

Yes Chambo has “got a game” because we’ve been so light in recognised CB and like other posters have said on here, he’s undroppable as he’s “Mr Ipswich”, therefore stopped us looking to strengthen in CB and RB positions as “he’d do”.

The last solid CB pairing for me was Mowbray and McGreal... that’s how long we’ve been frail, hence the slow decline into League 1.

I’m not denying the MM era was dire... it truly was, but he was just keeping us afloat with what he could... we haven’t had many “ballers” for a LONG time.

I am also looking at the manager, he tells them how top play, what system to shape up with - and calls the changes when the system is obviously falling apart. We’re in a rut, and need something to give us a kick start.

Let’s say you couldn’t pick Downes or Dozzell.... Your choice would be Skuse and?....

It's weird how the "Mr Ipswich" thing comes out now but is celebrated when we are winning.

I'd suggest McAuley, Delaney, Smith, Berra et al. might want a word with you too.

The MM era was far better than now in every way, if that was dire I'd hate to think this was. If finishing higher and higher every year, then having one blip in six is dire.... It's pretty clear you're not making a fair or valid comparison anywhere.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Chambo and Skuse on 13:20 - Dec 30 with 1090 viewsJoHnNnY

Chambo and Skuse on 13:08 - Dec 30 by Mullet

It's weird how the "Mr Ipswich" thing comes out now but is celebrated when we are winning.

I'd suggest McAuley, Delaney, Smith, Berra et al. might want a word with you too.

The MM era was far better than now in every way, if that was dire I'd hate to think this was. If finishing higher and higher every year, then having one blip in six is dire.... It's pretty clear you're not making a fair or valid comparison anywhere.

Ok, regarding your back 4... yes I agree much much better than now. I was just considering my most solid where I was convinced not much was getting through - Delaney had his blips... I loved McAuley too.

The MM era was stale and non engaging - you’ve only got to look at the support now in comparison.

The place will be lit of we could get going, I’m a little concerned at the fact (to their own admission ) they were more involved in the coaching and “managing” when the poison dwarf was there to concentrate on playing, we all know Chambo and Skuse want the job of running the club, they may even have some inside knowledge of how close they were at being offered it?
Not healthy when things start going wrong, as they might feel that another opportunity is on the horizon.
I’m going off subject a little.... but I believe they’ll be a good management partnership in a few years, and will work their way back into the club again, IF they prove successful at a lower level first.

Not until.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 13:21]

Login to get fewer ads

Chambo and Skuse on 13:30 - Dec 30 with 1048 viewsbraveblue

Chambo and Skuse on 13:08 - Dec 30 by Mullet

The one blip being our worst finish in 50 years, vanishing crowds and awful football. Great!!
Chambo and Skuse on 13:49 - Dec 30 with 1030 viewsPJH

Chambo and Skuse on 13:30 - Dec 30 by braveblue

The one blip being our worst finish in 50 years, vanishing crowds and awful football. Great!!

But those that have followed have between them contrived to have an even worse finish.

Admittedly crowds have improved but could very soon head back to what they were.
Chambo and Skuse on 16:27 - Dec 30 with 967 viewscbower

Chambo and Skuse on 13:30 - Dec 30 by braveblue

But we were still in the Championship and went on to finish 12th, above Norwich and Leeds the following season when he quit with 4 games to go. Last season, need I say, was our worst finish. Not really trying to defend Mick, his time was up as the crowd numbers evidenced. Not so sure the football is vastly improved either. However, the above are indisputable facts I'm afraid.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 16:31]

bluescouser

Chambo and Skuse on 16:43 - Dec 30 with 934 viewsWickets

Trouble with making sweeping statements like cant play Skuse and Downes together is that we where not getting beat early doors when the often played together !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024