Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWTD End of Year Awards 12:36 - Dec 30 with 4086 viewsfooters

As I'm bored stiff at work, did wonder whether anyone has posted this year's thread... My apologies if so.

Below are last year's categories, so penny for your thoughts, TWTD:

1) Best overall poster of the year
2) Thread of the year
3) News story of the year
4) Most missed poster of the year
5) Best new poster of the year
6) Most improved poster of the year
7) Best Admin of the year
8) Chef of the year
9) Argument of the year
10) Busiest c**t of the year
11) Funniest poster of the year
12) Ultimate WTF moment
13) Best blub
14) Underappreciated Poster of the Year
15) Post of the year
16) Football post of the year

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

TWTD End of Year Awards on 12:38 - Dec 31 with 903 viewsfooters

TWTD End of Year Awards on 12:36 - Dec 31 by J2BLUE

BCWYWF

You're the glue that holds this place together, J2.

TWTD End of Year Awards on 12:39 - Dec 31 with 897 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

TWTD End of Year Awards on 12:38 - Dec 31 by footers

J2Glue

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

TWTD End of Year Awards on 12:41 - Dec 31 with 893 viewsfooters

TWTD End of Year Awards on 12:39 - Dec 31 by The_Romford_Blue

J2Glue

Hope you're well, Rommy- been a while! Trust you had a good Crimbo?

TWTD End of Year Awards on 12:42 - Dec 31 with 883 viewsNewcyBlue

TWTD End of Year Awards on 12:38 - Dec 31 by footers

More like the sticky stuff in a teenagers cumsock.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

TWTD End of Year Awards on 12:43 - Dec 31 with 879 viewsfooters

TWTD End of Year Awards on 12:42 - Dec 31 by NewcyBlue

More like the sticky stuff in a teenagers cumsock.

A trainer sock in this case...

TWTD End of Year Awards on 12:44 - Dec 31 with 874 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

TWTD End of Year Awards on 12:41 - Dec 31 by footers

Hope you're well, Rommy- been a while! Trust you had a good Crimbo?

I did thanks bud. Nice to be home and see the family and the dog truth be told. All good your end I hope?

TWTD End of Year Awards on 12:46 - Dec 31 with 868 viewsfooters

TWTD End of Year Awards on 12:44 - Dec 31 by The_Romford_Blue

I did thanks bud. Nice to be home and see the family and the dog truth be told. All good your end I hope?

Sounds very similar! Lovely to get out with the hound and not see anyone for miles :) Nice and peaceful, as it should be. Now back to work sadly!

TWTD End of Year Awards on 12:57 - Dec 31 with 852 viewsjeera

I miss Harry.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

TWTD End of Year Awards on 11:19 - Jan 1 with 774 viewsvapour_trail

TWTD End of Year Awards on 20:23 - Dec 30 by vapour_trail

) Best overall poster of the year artsbossbeard
2) Thread of the year
3) News story of the year Colleen Rooney vs Rebekah Vardy
4) Most missed poster of the year Benters2. If only. For differing reasons joe soap and RKD
5) Best new poster of the year onlymehere. How many time’s did benters2 beg Phil to let him back? Desperate.
6) Most improved poster of the year banksterdebtslave - this isn’t to suggest there was anything wrong with your earlier work fella
7) Best Admin of the year Phil/Gav
8) Chef of the year Jeera
9) Argument of the year The eternal fight against antisemitism from two board warriors who took up the eternal fight in 2015.
10) Busiest c**t of the year Hes busy, he’s a c**t, he wins it every year, he’s from Glasgow. Glasgow.
11) Funniest poster of the year Feargal Sharkey
12) Ultimate WTF moment Busy C**t swearing over his kids lives on some inane political rabbit hole thread
13) Best blub Chico divlisting Herbivore for having the audacity to call him mate. Flaketastic.
14) Underappreciated Poster of the Year Dubtractor. Board legend.
15) Post of the year too many to recall
16) Football post of the year likewise

Forgot about Chico’s banter thread, that’s got to be the winner for number 2

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

TWTD End of Year Awards on 12:45 - Jan 2 with 710 viewsSuperblue95

1) Best overall poster of the year - Guthrum. Smartest person on here by miles.
2) Thread of the year - Banter Era
3) News story of the year - Not sure there’s been a good one!
4) Most missed poster of the year - Harry
5) Best new poster of the year - OhMyCampo was amusing for a brief period of time.
6) Most improved poster of the year - Pass
7) Best Admin of the year - Mark
8) Chef of the year - Me
9) Argument of the year - Too many to pick from.
10) Busiest c**t of the year - Glassers
11) Funniest poster of the year - I’ll give it to our fine OP, Footers
12) Ultimate WTF moment - Hannahgate
13) Best blub - Blubfish and his daily Lambert Out threads.
14) Underappreciated Poster of the Year - Mark
15) Post of the year - Bored of answering these now
16) Football post of the year - Meh

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

TWTD End of Year Awards on 13:34 - Jan 2 with 680 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

1) Best overall poster of the year - J2. I tend to vote for Guthers or Harry From Bath and with the latter no longer around on here during his break, I’ll give me old chum J2 my vote.
2) Thread of the year - Banter Era was a good old laugh at the towns expense
3) News story of the year - Norwood signing
4) Most missed poster of the year - HarryFromBath
5) Best new poster of the year - TrueBlue would’ve been my vote even before seeing him nominate himself for it on this thread - poor from you btw ;)
6) Most improved poster of the year - Agree with the Keanish mention
7) Best Admin of the year - Phil. Had a lot of stuff to deal with this year on the Corbyn and Brexit threads. Fair play to him.
8) Chef of the year - Whoever it was that said to get the turkey fat all over the roast potatoes prior to Christmas. Incredible shout.
9) Argument of the year - Bluefish vs Lambert’s ‘supporters’
10) Busiest c**t of the year - Moose was on every thread for a while.
11) Funniest poster of the year - I vote Warky by a mile
12) Ultimate WTF moment - Holy being randomly dropped for the Southend game was weird.
13) Best blub - Fishers for the Lambert stuff
14) Underappreciated Poster of the Year - Warky
15) Post of the year - Warky and the Tel diaries
16) Football post of the year - SomethingBlues one the other day deserves a shout. Very well put how many of us are likely feeling atm with Lambert.

TWTD End of Year Awards on 14:07 - Jan 2 with 650 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Go on then - almost certainly some recency bias here mind!

1) Steve_M for continuing to provide well balanced and thoughtful analysis, both on football and politics aswell as anything in between. itfcjoe would probably have taken this for his football insight had he not gone full 2015 Dolly in the run up to the election
2) Chico’s banter thread by an absolute mile
3) Slim pickings after the year we’ve had, Norwood signing maybe as it represented something of a coup I guess (Christ even writing that is painful). 2020 is already locked up with the press picking up on yesterday’s away pub...
4) Family award for RKD and Lucan, although the latter seems to have returned fortunately. Honourable mention to the lesser spotted Fungers
5) Can’t think of anyone, pass
6) Surprising vote for Dolly for showing some signs of awareness in the past few months and actually conceding he may be wrong on occasion
7) MarkTWTD, obvs
8) Was Rommys onion rings this year? Failing that the woman who charges her family for Xmas lunch looked to make some pretty mean plates of food
9) A presumably drunk Footers throwing a load of abuse at J2 for not immediately declaring his support for Labour, then disappearing for a week
10) SpruceMoose for taking the time to search the internet for posts by TWTD users on other websites, and then linking them on here
11) Chico, even if he is a helmet
12) Probably the bit mentioned above with SpruceMoose getting a little bit too obsessed with Pickles
13) Loads - Stokie completely melting down whenever confronted with CIL, Fishers continuing to insist £80k+ is not the top 5% of earners despite all the evidence to the contrary, Callis in general following the election result. Many more I’ve forgotten
14) Me - who else was bold enough to suggest Lambert might not be the messiah after 4 whole games? 😉
15) Momentum plant ZedRodgers predicting that Labour would be the biggest party, seemingly with a straight face
16) F*ck knows - any of Warky’s reports I guess
[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 14:51]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

TWTD End of Year Awards on 14:14 - Jan 2 with 635 viewsStokieBlue

TWTD End of Year Awards on 14:07 - Jan 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

1) Steve_M for continuing to provide well balanced and thoughtful analysis, both on football and politics aswell as anything in between. itfcjoe would probably have taken this for his football insight had he not gone full 2015 Dolly in the run up to the election
3) Slim pickings after the year we’ve had, Norwood signing maybe as it represented something of a coup I guess (Christ even writing that is painful). 2020 is already locked up with the press picking up on yesterday’s away pub...
4) Family award for RKD and Lucan, although the latter seems to have returned fortunately. Honourable mention to the lesser spotted Fungers
6) Surprising vote for Dolly for showing some signs of awareness in the past few months and actually conceding he may be wrong on occasion
7) MarkTWTD, obvs
8) Was Rommys onion rings this year? Failing that the woman who charges her family for Xmas lunch looked to make some pretty mean plates of food
9) A presumably drunk Footers throwing a load of abuse at J2 for not immediately declaring his support for Labour, then disappearing for a week
10) SpruceMoose for taking the time to search the internet for posts by TWTD users on other websites, and then linking them on here
12) Probably the bit mentioned above with SpruceMoose getting a little bit too obsessed with Pickles
13) Loads - Stokie completely melting down whenever confronted with CIL, Fishers continuing to insist £80k+ is not the top 5% of earners despite all the evidence to the contrary, Callis in general following the election result. Many more I’ve forgotten
14) Me - who else was bold enough to suggest Lambert might not be the messiah after 4 whole games? 😉
15) Momentum plant ZedRodgers predicting that Labour would be the biggest party, seemingly with a straight face

It's a blub to challenge pseudo-scientific nonsense which could actually cause harm if someone was stupid enough to follow it and refuses to ever acknowledge it's nonsense when it's provably incorrect?

That's a pretty weird definition but then each to their own and it's obviously a subjective vote.

SB
[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 14:14]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

TWTD End of Year Awards on 14:49 - Jan 2 with 595 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

TWTD End of Year Awards on 14:07 - Jan 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

7) MarkTWTD, obvs

What was the chef think with my nan? I honestly have no idea what you’re referring to

TWTD End of Year Awards on 14:54 - Jan 2 with 586 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

TWTD End of Year Awards on 14:49 - Jan 2 by The_Romford_Blue

What was the chef think with my nan? I honestly have no idea what you’re referring to

My error - you having onion rings on a roast was what I meant, but for some reason thought it was your nans roast

Have edited

TWTD End of Year Awards on 16:02 - Jan 2 with 554 viewsvapour_trail

TWTD End of Year Awards on 13:34 - Jan 2 by The_Romford_Blue

1) Best overall poster of the year - J2. I tend to vote for Guthers or Harry From Bath and with the latter no longer around on here during his break, I’ll give me old chum J2 my vote.
2) Thread of the year - Banter Era was a good old laugh at the towns expense
3) News story of the year - Norwood signing
4) Most missed poster of the year - HarryFromBath
5) Best new poster of the year - TrueBlue would’ve been my vote even before seeing him nominate himself for it on this thread - poor from you btw ;)
6) Most improved poster of the year - Agree with the Keanish mention
7) Best Admin of the year - Phil. Had a lot of stuff to deal with this year on the Corbyn and Brexit threads. Fair play to him.
8) Chef of the year - Whoever it was that said to get the turkey fat all over the roast potatoes prior to Christmas. Incredible shout.
9) Argument of the year - Bluefish vs Lambert’s ‘supporters’
10) Busiest c**t of the year - Moose was on every thread for a while.
11) Funniest poster of the year - I vote Warky by a mile
12) Ultimate WTF moment - Holy being randomly dropped for the Southend game was weird.
13) Best blub - Fishers for the Lambert stuff
14) Underappreciated Poster of the Year - Warky
15) Post of the year - Warky and the Tel diaries
16) Football post of the year - SomethingBlues one the other day deserves a shout. Very well put how many of us are likely feeling atm with Lambert.

Duck fat rommers, not turkey!

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

TWTD End of Year Awards on 16:13 - Jan 2 with 536 viewsjeera

TWTD End of Year Awards on 16:02 - Jan 2 by vapour_trail

Duck fat rommers, not turkey!

Heh.

I'm guessing Rommers hasn't tried cooking his onion rings in goose fat either.

Can't beat it ( or duck fat of course) - equally good.

TWTD End of Year Awards on 16:22 - Jan 2 with 519 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

TWTD End of Year Awards on 16:13 - Jan 2 by jeera

Heh.

I'm guessing Rommers hasn't tried cooking his onion rings in goose fat either.

Can't beat it ( or duck fat of course) - equally good.

Wait, Rommers is considering someone saying to coat potatoes in duck/goose fat when roasting them as some kind of culinary revelation...?

TWTD End of Year Awards on 16:54 - Jan 2 with 500 viewsjeera

TWTD End of Year Awards on 16:22 - Jan 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Wait, Rommers is considering someone saying to coat potatoes in duck/goose fat when roasting them as some kind of culinary revelation...?

"He's making a fortune out of the things: people are smoking them, building houses out of them... they'll be eating them next!"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024