Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No easy answers pls play 3 in midfield 12:40 - Dec 30 with 917 viewsreusersfreekicks

Think we look much better with more chance of controlling the game playing 3 in midfield even if it's with Judge at the point, dropping back to help out when needed.
Whether a 4-3-3 or 5-3-2 is best I'm not sure.....
No easy answers pls play 3 in midfield on 15:45 - Dec 30 with 868 viewsHullblue

Agreed. Think it stops us from being so open and gung-ho too.

433 for me - when we play 352 it seems to isolate the wing-backs too much. I’d play Jackson and Garbutt wide and Keane through the middle in current form. Kenlock at LB.

Edit: Or Sears wide left, if he’s fit enough now. His composure to pick out Keane for the third goal was excellent - we seem to be rushing things or panicking too often at the moment.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 15:52]

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

No easy answers pls play 3 in midfield on 16:26 - Dec 30 with 830 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Our midfielders are all similar.

We need a midfield general
A ball player
And a cover every blade of grass player
And a goalscorer
No easy answers pls play 3 in midfield on 19:42 - Dec 30 with 788 viewsbradforblues

No easy answers pls play 3 in midfield on 16:26 - Dec 30 by BtreeBlueBlood

Our midfielders are all similar.

We need a midfield general
A ball player
And a cover every blade of grass player
And a goalscorer

Totally agree, we need the sort of player that's our heartbeat of the team like Magilton was or like Barry Bannan is for Sheff Wed. We're too workmanlike and predictable that's why teams have Sussed us out. We need a passer who can ping it around, keep possession for the team and keep us being positive. Trouble is those sorts of players are rare and expensive !!!

you are my ipswich !!

No easy answers pls play 3 in midfield on 20:10 - Dec 30 with 772 viewswiffin1

No easy answers pls play 3 in midfield on 15:45 - Dec 30 by Hullblue

Agreed. Think it stops us from being so open and gung-ho too.

433 for me - when we play 352 it seems to isolate the wing-backs too much. I’d play Jackson and Garbutt wide and Keane through the middle in current form. Kenlock at LB.

Edit: Or Sears wide left, if he’s fit enough now. His composure to pick out Keane for the third goal was excellent - we seem to be rushing things or panicking too often at the moment.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 15:52]

It was Woolfenden that picked out Keane for the goal.
No easy answers pls play 3 in midfield on 21:59 - Dec 30 with 714 viewsHullblue

No easy answers pls play 3 in midfield on 20:10 - Dec 30 by wiffin1

It was Woolfenden that picked out Keane for the goal.

So it was! I sit corrected. Still think his experience will help in the final third.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

No easy answers pls play 3 in midfield on 07:54 - Dec 31 with 663 viewsKeaneish

No easy answers pls play 3 in midfield on 19:42 - Dec 30 by bradforblues

Totally agree, we need the sort of player that's our heartbeat of the team like Magilton was or like Barry Bannan is for Sheff Wed. We're too workmanlike and predictable that's why teams have Sussed us out. We need a passer who can ping it around, keep possession for the team and keep us being positive. Trouble is those sorts of players are rare and expensive !!!

We have them in our squad, they’re just not doing very well, Downes aside. Nolan and Huws are both more than good enough to do this role. Judge should be a creative threat. We’ve just never really got the balance right or are we getting the best out of players.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

No easy answers pls play 3 in midfield on 08:48 - Dec 31 with 634 viewsDevereuxxx

Agree that we need to play with 3 in midfield. During the Lincoln game, we were so worried about being overrun in the middle that Edwards and Judge tucked in so much we had 0 width. Judge was running around everywhere in that game, apart from the left midfield position he was meant to be occupying0. Garbutt was horribly exposed more than once. Playing 2 upfront when neither of them is particularly good at holding the ball up just doesn't work either.

I'd also go with a 4-3-3 with Garbutt on the left, Keane down the middle and then honestly who knows on right - Jackson probably until Sears is fully fit. Edwards looks shot and Judge pulls the team out of position by drifting into the middle.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024