Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick 12:44 - Dec 30 with 1941 viewskizaitfc

The unwillingness to throw a youngster into the squad is so frustrating.

We clearly have a issue at RB the last couple of games through injury so throw a youngster in like Cotter and give them a chance to prove themselves.

The wingers have been poor IMO so why not give Dobra chance.

Garbutt has been poor at LB and needs to be on the wing so play Kenlock or another youngster there.

Even with Skuse out injured he could have played the youngster McGavin who has been impressing

Obviously I'm not saying he should do all 4 in the same game, but the fact he has refused to do any and instead shoe horn players to play out of position like Edward's, Wolf, Jackson, Sears reminds me of Mick and Jewell.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 12:48 - Dec 30 with 1376 viewsJ2BLUE

MM gave chances to Dozzell (admittedly limited), Downes, Kenlock, Emmanuel, Nydam and probably more i've forgotten.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 12:52 - Dec 30 with 1359 viewsGarv

I think you can always find similarities between new and old managers if you look hard enough. They're football managers at the end of the day.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 12:52 - Dec 30 with 1358 viewsJ4ck22

This is one of the only things you really can't criticise Lambert for.
Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 12:52 - Dec 30 with 1360 viewsHerbivore

I wish he'd morph into Mick. Mick is a far better manager than Lambert and would take us out of this league easily.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 12:52 - Dec 30 with 1359 viewsTractorCam

I'm not sure throwing a lot of youngsters into the mix is a good idea. Definitely Dobra over Edwards but we need stability.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 12:54 - Dec 30 with 1351 viewsHerbivore

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 12:48 - Dec 30 by J2BLUE

MM gave chances to Dozzell (admittedly limited), Downes, Kenlock, Emmanuel, Nydam and probably more i've forgotten.

Bishop of course, who was a nailed on starter when fit. It's a total myth that Mick didn't play the youngsters.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 13:12 - Dec 30 with 1306 viewsGuthrum

Is Cotter an improvement on Donacien? He struggled in the Cup against Coventry.

When we played Dobra in the League, he lost it and got sent off. Can he handle himself yet?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 13:27 - Dec 30 with 1266 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 12:52 - Dec 30 by Herbivore

I wish he'd morph into Mick. Mick is a far better manager than Lambert and would take us out of this league easily.

He wouldn't have seen us fall into this division in the first place...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 13:29 - Dec 30 with 1254 viewskizaitfc

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 13:12 - Dec 30 by Guthrum

When we played Dobra in the League, he lost it and got sent off. Can he handle himself yet?

I'm talking when Donacien is not fit, rather than shoe horn Edward's or Wolfendon into RB play Cotter

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 13:30 - Dec 30 with 1249 viewskizaitfc

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 12:48 - Dec 30 by J2BLUE

Emmanuel and Nydam were both sent out on loan while average midfielders and RBS played in their place.

He may have played them but he took them out of the team as soon as he had an older replacement

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 13:31 - Dec 30 with 1243 viewskizaitfc

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 12:52 - Dec 30 by J4ck22

This is one of the only things you really can't criticise Lambert for.

So I cant criticise a manager for playing Edward's at RB rather than Cotter?

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 13:36 - Dec 30 with 1224 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 12:54 - Dec 30 by Herbivore

Bishop of course, who was a nailed on starter when fit. It's a total myth that Mick didn't play the youngsters.

3 of yesterday's starting XI were given their first starts by Mick.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 13:37 - Dec 30 with 1217 viewskizaitfc

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 13:27 - Dec 30 by BlueBadger

He wouldn't have seen us fall into this division in the first place...

He is a massive part of why we are in this mess.

He cannot and should not escape the blame for his he left this club

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 13:38 - Dec 30 with 1212 viewskizaitfc

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 13:36 - Dec 30 by BlueBadger

3 of yesterday's starting XI were given their first starts by Mick.

Take a look at the squads Mick played when everyone e was fit, most youngsters were booted out undeservedly

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 13:39 - Dec 30 with 1204 viewsGeoffSentence

He didnt look like a right back to me. He really had no idea where to put himself when COventry were attacking.

Looked better going forward though, even if he did try to do a little too much from time to time.

Might be better as a right wing back than a right back.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 13:40 - Dec 30 with 1201 viewsGuthrum

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 13:29 - Dec 30 by kizaitfc

I'm talking when Donacien is not fit, rather than shoe horn Edward's or Wolfendon into RB play Cotter

Is he better than either of those two, even? For that matter, Chambers has loads of experience at RB, might work as a temporary stand-in.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 13:40 - Dec 30 with 1201 viewskizaitfc

If a player is deemed not playable because of their temper then there are plenty of high quality players in the top European leagues who should not be in their respective teams squad

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 13:41 - Dec 30 with 1200 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 13:37 - Dec 30 by kizaitfc

He is a massive part of why we are in this mess.

He cannot and should not escape the blame for his he left this club

He left this club as a stable mid to upper-table championship club.The two incompetents who followed him dismantled that in less than a season.

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 13:44 - Dec 30 with 1175 viewskizaitfc

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 13:41 - Dec 30 by BlueBadger

He left this club as a stable mid to upper-table championship club.The two incompetents who followed him dismantled that in less than a season.

Stable hahahahaha!

There was a huge reason attendances were closer to 10,000 than 15,000 towards the end of his tenure.

The club was not stable and that is why he had to go!

I dont think anyone can suggest that, Webster, Garnee, Waghorn and Mcgoldrick would not have left if Mick stayed.

Mick helped make the club stale not stable. Did Hurst worsen things of course but as I say Mick has a share in this and people that suggest otherwise are obviously just the "I told you so" "be careful what you wish for" brigade and quite frankly most people do not buy it.

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 13:44 - Dec 30 with 1171 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 13:38 - Dec 30 by kizaitfc

Take a look at the squads Mick played when everyone e was fit, most youngsters were booted out undeservedly

I think I've got four corners in the 'Mick Myths' bingo card with that one - what do I win?

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 13:49 - Dec 30 with 1167 viewsGeoffSentence

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 13:41 - Dec 30 by BlueBadger

It was fvcking boring watching town under MM though. Even though we are still shlt now, well shltter at times we do play some much better stuff (from time to time - wish it was more often). Those 'improved performances' that you enjoy so much.

What we need is MM results, or better, plus PL 'improved performances'

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 13:51 - Dec 30 with 1155 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 13:44 - Dec 30 by kizaitfc

Stable hahahahaha!

There was a huge reason attendances were closer to 10,000 than 15,000 towards the end of his tenure.

The club was not stable and that is why he had to go!

I dont think anyone can suggest that, Webster, Garnee, Waghorn and Mcgoldrick would not have left if Mick stayed.

Mick helped make the club stale not stable. Did Hurst worsen things of course but as I say Mick has a share in this and people that suggest otherwise are obviously just the "I told you so" "be careful what you wish for" brigade and quite frankly most people do not buy it.

See how stable we'll look next season if we end up staying down.

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 13:52 - Dec 30 with 1149 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 13:49 - Dec 30 by GeoffSentence

It was fvcking boring watching town under MM though. Even though we are still shlt now, well shltter at times we do play some much better stuff (from time to time - wish it was more often). Those 'improved performances' that you enjoy so much.

What we need is MM results, or better, plus PL 'improved performances'

As I've said before, 20 minutes' midfield tip-tap before losing still isn't enjoyable.

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 13:53 - Dec 30 with 1150 viewskizaitfc

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 13:51 - Dec 30 by BlueBadger

See how stable we'll look next season if we end up staying down.

Erm if you look at the opening post title, I'm certainly not saying what is currently happening is any different.

Truth is we needed change but as has been the case far too many times Evan's has got the managerial appointment wrong and the investment wrong

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 14:02 - Dec 30 with 1131 viewsGeoffSentence

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 13:52 - Dec 30 by BlueBadger

As I've said before, 20 minutes' midfield tip-tap before losing still isn't enjoyable.

It's not always like that. There was lots of exhilarating stuff in the Bristol Rovers game for instance, likewise vs Wycombe. Shame we got sod all out of those two games but it wasnt all tippy-tappy, some of the attacking play was pretty good.

To be fair, MM pre-2015 could be a pretty decent watch, but from the second half of the 2014-2015 season it became pretty dire.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024