Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tackling 14:49 - Dec 30 with 827 viewsnshearman1

I see all this talk about formations, systems, individual players but just one look at those highlights show that the entire defence and midfield seem to have no obvious understanding of the basic art of tackling. I know we're probably not supposed to mention an England player who we picked up from Cheltenham Town but Mings really understood how and where to tackle well, indeed in many cases to get the ball while clattering the man shortly afterwards. No-one in this team seems to get it, bar maybe Downes and Skuse. The team badly needs to get back to some basic skills. And then settle on our best 11 and squad of 18.
Tackling on 15:33 - Dec 30 with 785 viewsGuthrum

Indeed. Just retreating in front of an advancing opposition player does little, really. An attempted tackle at least forces them to try passing.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Tackling on 15:34 - Dec 30 with 781 viewsBluefish

We picked the most lightweight midfield I've ever seen against a battling team like Lincoln. We were always going to concede many goals. I made that point before the game yesterday

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Tackling on 15:36 - Dec 30 with 770 viewsPJH

Tackling on 15:33 - Dec 30 by Guthrum

Indeed. Just retreating in front of an advancing opposition player does little, really. An attempted tackle at least forces them to try passing.

Or in Edwards' case forces them to decide what to do with the freekick.
Tackling on 15:37 - Dec 30 with 771 viewsPinewoodblue

we certainly give away too many free kicks and pick up too many bookings of late.

Norwood also get picked up for fouling too often.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Tackling on 15:39 - Dec 30 with 763 viewscbower

Tackling on 15:33 - Dec 30 by Guthrum

Happened yesterday and for Pompey's goal too. Shadow boxing instead of showing real grit.

bluescouser

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024