Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jim Magilton on Twitter... 20:03 - Dec 30 with 9965 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

literal lollers on 21:53 - Dec 30 with 1525 viewsDyland

literal lollers on 21:50 - Dec 30 by Bluefish

All completely true and I will will always stand by my defence for Jim

I went out on a limb to shout f*ck off Lambert as well at the weekend at end of the match. I expected to get a slap for it but no one said a word.

Burley - treated terribly at the end, legend
Royle - massively over hyped, should be castigated for what he did to us but isn't
Magilton - treated disgracefully
keane - how he got away with it is beyond me. Should have been abused out of PR but was loved
Jewell - indifferent really. Probably got the reaction
McCarthy - treated disgracefully at the end
Hurst - ridiculously over hyped before he'd done a thing
Lambert - see Hurst and keane

It was the "on your own" bit that made me laugh sausage cheeks.

Agree with all that, except Royle, which isn't so black and white. I know he didn't like your boy friend Pabbers but you need to get over this. I love Pabbers too, and have no issue with Joe.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

literal lollers on 21:53 - Dec 30 with 1524 viewsSwailsey

I went out on a limb to shout f*ck off Lambert as well at the weekend at end of the match. I expected to get a slap for it but no one said a word.

Royle - massively over hyped, should be castigated for what he did to us but isn't
keane - how he got away with it is beyond me. Should have been abused out of PR but was loved

What was wrong with Royle?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

literal lollers on 21:55 - Dec 30 with 1503 viewsBluefish

literal lollers on 21:53 - Dec 30 by Dyland

It was the "on your own" bit that made me laugh sausage cheeks.

Agree with all that, except Royle, which isn't so black and white. I know he didn't like your boy friend Pabbers but you need to get over this. I love Pabbers too, and have no issue with Joe.

We were utterly horrendous by the end though weren't we and he spent all of that money on sammy parkin booooooo

He signed some absolute shockers but inherited absolute riches

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

literal lollers on 21:55 - Dec 30 with 1509 viewsDyland

literal lollers on 21:53 - Dec 30 by Swailsey

Royle ruined Fishers' wedding. His and Malcy's relationship never recovered.

literal lollers on 21:56 - Dec 30 with 1501 viewsBluefish

literal lollers on 21:53 - Dec 30 by Swailsey

He was the luckiest ever Ipswich manager with what he inherited and what came up through the youth system. He wasted it and replaced with the worst ever, his signings make Hurst look like a top scout. One of the few he got right Kuqi he tried to release on a free transfer

literal lollers on 21:57 - Dec 30 with 1498 viewsDyland

literal lollers on 21:55 - Dec 30 by Bluefish

We were utterly horrendous by the end though weren't we and he spent all of that money on sammy parkin booooooo

He signed some absolute shockers but inherited absolute riches

I quite liked Sammy Parkin. Well, on a session in the smoke with Alan Lee and Matt RIchards. Alan smoked Marlborough menthols though, I guess they are the healthy sportsman's choice.

literal lollers on 21:58 - Dec 30 with 1479 viewsBluefish

literal lollers on 21:57 - Dec 30 by Dyland

I quite liked Sammy Parkin. Well, on a session in the smoke with Alan Lee and Matt RIchards. Alan smoked Marlborough menthols though, I guess they are the healthy sportsman's choice.

Don't start me on matt Richards ffs

literal lollers on 23:07 - Dec 30 with 1369 viewsIllinoisblue

literal lollers on 21:56 - Dec 30 by Bluefish

He was the luckiest ever Ipswich manager with what he inherited and what came up through the youth system. He wasted it and replaced with the worst ever, his signings make Hurst look like a top scout. One of the few he got right Kuqi he tried to release on a free transfer

If you can’t be good, be lucky. Right now we are neither

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Jim Magilton on Twitter... on 23:34 - Dec 30 with 1327 viewsCoastalblue

I miss Jim

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

literal lollers on 23:45 - Dec 30 with 1316 viewsHullblue

literal lollers on 21:56 - Dec 30 by Bluefish

I was pretty young at the time but... weren’t we in administration?! Or at least recovering from it. The reason we were selling gold and buying crap was that it was all we could afford. At least that’s how I remember it.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Jim Magilton on Twitter... on 00:05 - Dec 31 with 1273 viewsHerbivore

Magilton was a sh!t manager. Probably better than four of our last five managers since him but that's damning with faint praise.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jim Magilton on Twitter... on 06:41 - Dec 31 with 1157 viewsbrogansnose

Jim Magilton on Twitter... on 20:07 - Dec 30 by SitfcB

Sorry, assume it’s in reply to this.

Stat and Moss at it

I hope them fkwits are happy now. I stood opposite that pathetic demo that night weighing up whether to clock some of the vermin but decided against.

What would we give for another Magilton in that team now ?

It would have been better for us and Jim if he'd gone to manage Oxford, which he was at the time, learnt his trade, then come back to us.

Love you Jim.
literal lollers on 06:43 - Dec 31 with 1152 viewsHarry_Palmer

So you went out of your way to verbally abuse our current Manager at the weekend and then complain that a previous one was ' treated disgracefully '.

And you wonder why people think you are a d!ck.
Jim Magilton on Twitter... on 07:26 - Dec 31 with 1109 viewsjeera

Jim Magilton on Twitter... on 00:05 - Dec 31 by Herbivore

Magilton was a sh!t manager. Probably better than four of our last five managers since him but that's damning with faint praise.

I liked Town under Jim.

At least we tried to play; had a few decent results...

He needed a bit of support really, although whether he would have been the type to accept it is another matter.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2019 7:29]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

literal lollers on 07:26 - Dec 31 with 1109 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

literal lollers on 06:43 - Dec 31 by Harry_Palmer

So you went out of your way to verbally abuse our current Manager at the weekend and then complain that a previous one was ' treated disgracefully '.

There’s half a point there however there is a slight difference in that one of those managers was a club legend and therefore deserving of much better treatment. Personally I think Magilton’s time was up, we hadn’t kicked in after Evans came in and he didn’t look capable of taking us further, however there was absolutely a right way of going about it and treatment by the press and a section of the fanbase was out of order IMO

That said despite being critical of Lambert I would also agree some of the current treatment is OTT. This correspondent is firmly in the not campaigning for him to leave but would be somewhat nonplussed if he went camp, currently

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

literal lollers on 07:40 - Dec 31 with 1074 viewsTractorCam

literal lollers on 06:43 - Dec 31 by Harry_Palmer

I like the bit that he mentions how horrendous we were at the end of Royke's spell and got away with it but is happy to point out Mick was 'treated disgracefully' for the same thing.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

literal lollers on 07:47 - Dec 31 with 1071 viewsHarry_Palmer

literal lollers on 07:26 - Dec 31 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

There’s half a point there however there is a slight difference in that one of those managers was a club legend and therefore deserving of much better treatment. Personally I think Magilton’s time was up, we hadn’t kicked in after Evans came in and he didn’t look capable of taking us further, however there was absolutely a right way of going about it and treatment by the press and a section of the fanbase was out of order IMO

That said despite being critical of Lambert I would also agree some of the current treatment is OTT. This correspondent is firmly in the not campaigning for him to leave but would be somewhat nonplussed if he went camp, currently

I don't disagree with any of that, my point was more about the sheer hypocrisy of Bluefish. This is a poster who was yesterday complaining about being 'personally attacked' on the board ( he wasn't ) but who is quite happy to shout ' f*ck off Lambert ' from the terraces.
Jim Magilton on Twitter... on 07:48 - Dec 31 with 1070 viewsSteve_M

Jim Magilton on Twitter... on 21:37 - Dec 30 by Dyland

I emailed "the other muppet" and ended up in an interesting exchange. Well, it wasn't that interesting. Reasoned though. And Deckchair, in hindsight, was just doing an arguably pretty average job of being a journalist (haven't heard much about him since), whereas Hunt was forcing the agenda and I still find it hard to forgive.

In Terry's defence, Jim was dreadful with the media, BUT... Evans was the catalyst for all the sh1t. Marcus buying, ahem I mean "saving" the club, all looks pretty hollow now. Again though, it's not black and white, and I think it's more absent ownership than sh1t ownership, and we really REALLY need someone closer to Marcus to sort it all out.

Average is kind to Deckchair but, yes in hindsight, Hunt was the one with the agenda all the way through. He's still there on Twitter calling out Lambert as he did McCarthy but he was too scared to criticise Keane.

Deckchair's webchats were a highlight of Monday lunchtimes with a collective TWTD effort to be challenging.

The arrival of Evans, and the change in attitudes that his money brought, was really quite unpleasant though. It was such a missed opportunity both for Magilton initially and then when Keane replaced him.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Jim Magilton on Twitter... on 09:18 - Dec 31 with 954 viewsHerbivore

Jim Magilton on Twitter... on 07:26 - Dec 31 by jeera

I liked Town under Jim.

At least we tried to play; had a few decent results...

He needed a bit of support really, although whether he would have been the type to accept it is another matter.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2019 7:29]

It was all pretty turgid the season he got the boot. He did a decent job with no money and then a quite poor job when given funds. His career since suggests he wasn't really cut out for management. Bit of a low budget Roy Keane really.

Jim Magilton on Twitter... on 09:46 - Dec 31 with 903 viewsMeadowlark

Jim Magilton on Twitter... on 20:48 - Dec 30 by Footballpete

I’d never seen that before, disgraceful. Who else did these people hold in such contempt? Roger Osbourne??

"Osborne."

Please.
Indeed Stevers on 09:52 - Dec 31 with 875 viewsDyland

Jim Magilton on Twitter... on 07:48 - Dec 31 by Steve_M

Average is kind to Deckchair but, yes in hindsight, Hunt was the one with the agenda all the way through. He's still there on Twitter calling out Lambert as he did McCarthy but he was too scared to criticise Keane.

Deckchair's webchats were a highlight of Monday lunchtimes with a collective TWTD effort to be challenging.

The arrival of Evans, and the change in attitudes that his money brought, was really quite unpleasant though. It was such a missed opportunity both for Magilton initially and then when Keane replaced him.

Didn't DDD get really cross with the good folk of TWTD "derailing" his sh1te webchats?
[Post edited 31 Dec 2019 10:10]

literal lollers on 09:54 - Dec 31 with 1032 viewsr2d2

Royle did a bl0ody good job under the circumstances. And Pablo was a lazy s0d!
"a low budget Roy Keane" on 10:09 - Dec 31 with 1007 viewsDyland

Jim Magilton on Twitter... on 09:18 - Dec 31 by Herbivore

It was all pretty turgid the season he got the boot. He did a decent job with no money and then a quite poor job when given funds. His career since suggests he wasn't really cut out for management. Bit of a low budget Roy Keane really.

"a low budget Roy Keane" on 10:10 - Dec 31 with 999 viewsHerbivore

"a low budget Roy Keane" on 10:09 - Dec 31 by Dyland

I know, why did we then replace him with the high budget version? Totally pointless.

Jim Magilton on Twitter... on 11:22 - Dec 31 with 949 viewsMalcolmBlue

Last time we beat the scum was with Magic in charge wasn't it?

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024