Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Game management 17:24 - Jan 1 with 680 viewstextbackup

Hear that a bit from Chambers and a few others, something we lack.

Now i'm no expert, but if I'm the captain and on that pitch, the second Akenfenwaaaa comes on and they get the first freekick i'm getting someone like Edwards to stand infront of him, two reasons...
1 - any touch in the back Edwards goes over, free kick
2 - to be a pain

then i'm saying to those around me, if we don't win this first header, we clear the flick.

what then happens is none of the above, plus Norris goes wild.

Do we seriously need to question our captains ability to spot in play changes, tweeks, he as captain can make and implement? the more I see, the more I personally question him

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Game management on 17:27 - Jan 1 with 642 viewsJ2BLUE

Something should have been done. I said to my dad someone should take a yellow card and trip him up or just barge into him when he gets his first touch. Show him we're not taking any sh1t.

Perhaps unfairly, I was disappointed in Garbutt. I felt he gave up on saving the goal too early. A last ditch lunge and try to hook it out might well have succeeded. Easy to say once you've seen replays etc but that was my view.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Game management on 17:28 - Jan 1 with 614 viewsBluefish

Set piece tactics are the managers job

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Game management on 17:29 - Jan 1 with 616 viewsHerbivore

Players are instructed who to mark or what space to be marking if we're going zonal. It's not the captain's remit to start making changes to that. That said, Chambers wasn't great today. We need to pick a bloody formation and stick to it and try to at least keep a settled back line.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:30 - Jan 1 with 609 viewstextbackup

Game management on 17:27 - Jan 1 by J2BLUE

Something should have been done. I said to my dad someone should take a yellow card and trip him up or just barge into him when he gets his first touch. Show him we're not taking any sh1t.

Perhaps unfairly, I was disappointed in Garbutt. I felt he gave up on saving the goal too early. A last ditch lunge and try to hook it out might well have succeeded. Easy to say once you've seen replays etc but that was my view.

cant be arsed to write reply again, it somehow got deleted lol
[Post edited 1 Jan 2020 17:37]

Game management on 17:30 - Jan 1 with 597 viewsblueislander

Watch it again. Garbutt was miles away from the ball when it went in.
Game management on 17:32 - Jan 1 with 585 viewstextbackup

Game management on 17:28 - Jan 1 by Bluefish

Set piece tactics are the managers job

that of course now suits your personal opinion on the manager.
had this been said under MM you'd have said the players need to take some responsibly, and that the money MM had to spend hasn't been enough to buy players with the mindset to do so.
and i'd have said that was bollox.
and we go round and round

Game management on 17:32 - Jan 1 with 575 viewsHerbivore

Game management on 17:30 - Jan 1 by blueislander

Yeah, he was never getting there. It was about 6 foot in the air still when it crossed the line.

Game management on 17:33 - Jan 1 with 570 viewsJ2BLUE

Game management on 17:30 - Jan 1 by blueislander

Will do, I may well be being unfair.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Game management on 17:34 - Jan 1 with 539 viewsBluefish

Game management on 17:32 - Jan 1 by textbackup

that of course now suits your personal opinion on the manager.
had this been said under MM you'd have said the players need to take some responsibly, and that the money MM had to spend hasn't been enough to buy players with the mindset to do so.
and i'd have said that was bollox.
and we go round and round

Umm no definitely not set piece tactics have always been the managers job

Game management on 17:35 - Jan 1 with 548 viewstextbackup

Game management on 17:29 - Jan 1 by Herbivore

Players are instructed who to mark or what space to be marking if we're going zonal. It's not the captain's remit to start making changes to that. That said, Chambers wasn't great today. We need to pick a bloody formation and stick to it and try to at least keep a settled back line.

are you honestly telling me that a captain of a team cant sniff out danger and make a quick suggestion, in play, a trusted man by the manager cant do that?
happens in every game, football or not.
they aren't robots that follow instructions 100%, they are allowed to make decisions

Game management on 17:37 - Jan 1 with 529 viewstextbackup

Game management on 17:34 - Jan 1 by Bluefish

Umm no definitely not set piece tactics have always been the managers job

of course they have before the game, this is the 70th min or whatever it was, things change during the game.

I assume you once played an ok level of football, you telling me that not once did a captain, or any other player, witness a fellow player struggling with "their man" and took responsibility to control that situation?

Game management on 17:45 - Jan 1 with 459 viewsBluefish

Game management on 17:37 - Jan 1 by textbackup

of course they have before the game, this is the 70th min or whatever it was, things change during the game.

I assume you once played an ok level of football, you telling me that not once did a captain, or any other player, witness a fellow player struggling with "their man" and took responsibility to control that situation?

Their main man should have a game plan set by the manager

Game management on 17:47 - Jan 1 with 449 viewsTractorWood

No fault of Garbutt. Was excellent again.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Game management on 17:49 - Jan 1 with 438 viewstextbackup

Game management on 17:45 - Jan 1 by Bluefish

Their main man should have a game plan set by the manager

again, not disagreeing, BUT i'd want to see my captain take that upon himself. we could all feel that LUMP coming on would unsettle them - ideally the bouncing ball in the area would have been booted away, or keeper stays on his line tho

Game management on 17:51 - Jan 1 with 421 viewsHerbivore

Game management on 17:49 - Jan 1 by textbackup

again, not disagreeing, BUT i'd want to see my captain take that upon himself. we could all feel that LUMP coming on would unsettle them - ideally the bouncing ball in the area would have been booted away, or keeper stays on his line tho

Although when he came on should Lambert not have been having a word and saying stick an extra man on him? I'd say it's more on the manager to have plans around marking up for set pieces.

Game management on 17:57 - Jan 1 with 390 viewstextbackup

Game management on 17:51 - Jan 1 by Herbivore

Although when he came on should Lambert not have been having a word and saying stick an extra man on him? I'd say it's more on the manager to have plans around marking up for set pieces.

yeah like I said, I wasn't disagreeing. maybe he did instruct that to happen? maybe chambers did? maybe both were ignored. we wont know, so pointless even writing anymore about it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024