Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Better today 20:24 - Jan 1 with 2576 viewsitfcjoe

I think either of the formations that get 3 central midfielders on the pitch brings the best out of the squad as it is and we need to stick to that. Just a shame that a few players aren’t playing very well (Edwards and Norwood most notably) as means it’s hard to build much into what we play as ends up a bit frantic.

Judge was well involved and making things happen, Jackson looking very sharp and Garbutt very good. Time to spend the next week and a half on the training pitch setting something up to see us through the season

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Better today on 20:26 - Jan 1 with 2547 viewsDubtractor

It won't happen, but I'd be inclined to play a strong team against Exeter to build some continuity.

No midweek game for 4 weeks so no need to worry about burnout.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Better today on 20:37 - Jan 1 with 2503 viewsSteve_M

Yes, agreed. That was a lot better, we generally kept our shape and, until the last 15 minutes, weren't under too much pressure even against that level of sh1thousery. Shame about the goal and our failure to take another chance, the second Judge one in particular.

We have to build on this now. Keep the formation and rotate sparingly within it.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Better today on 20:40 - Jan 1 with 2483 viewsReuser_is_God

Better today on 20:37 - Jan 1 by Steve_M

Yes, agreed. That was a lot better, we generally kept our shape and, until the last 15 minutes, weren't under too much pressure even against that level of sh1thousery. Shame about the goal and our failure to take another chance, the second Judge one in particular.

We have to build on this now. Keep the formation and rotate sparingly within it.

That was a really good chance, unfortunately it just wasn’t quite enough in the corner.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Better today on 20:42 - Jan 1 with 2471 viewsitfc_bucks

Better today on 20:26 - Jan 1 by Dubtractor

It won't happen, but I'd be inclined to play a strong team against Exeter to build some continuity.

Whatever happens, Huws must play a run of games now. He needs that intensity to give him a chance to build form. Has all the ability to dominate this league.
Better today on 20:43 - Jan 1 with 2462 viewshomer_123

Attacking shape was good.

Defensively though that was poor, we didn't keep our shape at the back at all well in the second half.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Better today on 20:46 - Jan 1 with 2444 viewshomer_123

Hmm...Judge...apart from two chances, I thought was anonymous to be honest. Huws and Downes far more involved.

Edwards is clearly just covering for KVY.

Wilson in a back three is a concern....not good enough with the ball.

Jackson looking far better now though. Pleased with Huws and Downes and Garbutt and good to see Bish on the pitch.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Better today on 20:48 - Jan 1 with 2434 viewslmfcblue

Yep agreed and we need a win to boost the confidence
Better today on 20:51 - Jan 1 with 2407 viewsPinewoodblue

Doubt it would happen but would like to see as unchanged a line up as possible against Exeter on Saturday. Next game isn’t until the following Saturday so plenty of recovery time. We still have two key games against promotion candidates to fit in.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Better today on 21:23 - Jan 1 with 2277 viewsGarv

Better today on 20:46 - Jan 1 by homer_123

Hmm...Judge...apart from two chances, I thought was anonymous to be honest. Huws and Downes far more involved.

Edwards is clearly just covering for KVY.

Wilson in a back three is a concern....not good enough with the ball.

Jackson looking far better now though. Pleased with Huws and Downes and Garbutt and good to see Bish on the pitch.

Jackson is a great botherer but as a ball player he's so lacking.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Better today on 21:32 - Jan 1 with 2228 viewsclive_baker

Yep, agreed. We look a lot more robust with a central 3. Judge has had some p1ss poor performances this season but he still appears to have the quality on the ball to create, shows for the ball and recycles at pace. We're a better side with him in it IMO, but absolutely needs to play more centrally. He isn't a winger. Great to have Bishop back too, he's another with quality on the ball. I'm not overly convinced by our central defensive options, Wilson is a fairly limited footballer, Nsiala is a bit of a liability and Chambers isn't getting any younger. If fit, KVY comes in for Edwards, but for now he'll have to do. Otherwise I think today was just about our strongest lineup, perhaps with the exception of Huws who might rotate with Skuse / Dozzell / Nolan / Bishop (if he can prove himself). I think we'll come good, but very much need a win vs. Accrington a week on Saturday.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Better today on 21:45 - Jan 1 with 2163 viewsWD19

Somebody behind me today was suggesting the Oxford game could happen as soon as the 14th January!? (assuming Oxford don’t get caught up in an FA Cup replay)

I bloody hope not because I am double booked if so....
Better today on 22:36 - Jan 1 with 2048 viewsSomethingBlue

Yes, there were signs that we can play our way back into form and room for cautious optimism that we can improve from here. Bit of a worry that we didn't really show in the last 15 minutes and that has actually become a bit of a theme, as far as I can see. Can't really put a finger on it. But 75% of that performance emphasised to me that, if we match our opponents for running and aggression, we will beat most of them. Time to get back to that every week. Could do with three nice results before a tricky Rotherham/Posh/Sunderland run.

Their goal drove me mad though and, while the actual buildup to it wasn't Norris's fault, I do wonder why on earth he is so clearly preferred to Holy now. Against a lot of these teams it's a real gift to have a 6ft 8 keeper to mop things up and I can't really see that Holy has done anything wrong all season. I've no doubt Norris has his pluses but command of (and presence in) the box isn't one of them and I can't see what he is bringing.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Better today on 22:38 - Jan 1 with 2043 viewsPhilTWTD

Think we've looked better with three in midfield all season, we switched to that after the first few games as we weren't getting on top possession-wise even if we were winning matches. The 3-5-2 seemed to develop out of a desire to play three in midfield and also the two strikers who were scoring regularly.
Better today on 22:50 - Jan 1 with 1974 viewsStNeotsBlue

Better today on 22:36 - Jan 1 by SomethingBlue

Yes, there were signs that we can play our way back into form and room for cautious optimism that we can improve from here. Bit of a worry that we didn't really show in the last 15 minutes and that has actually become a bit of a theme, as far as I can see. Can't really put a finger on it. But 75% of that performance emphasised to me that, if we match our opponents for running and aggression, we will beat most of them. Time to get back to that every week. Could do with three nice results before a tricky Rotherham/Posh/Sunderland run.

Their goal drove me mad though and, while the actual buildup to it wasn't Norris's fault, I do wonder why on earth he is so clearly preferred to Holy now. Against a lot of these teams it's a real gift to have a 6ft 8 keeper to mop things up and I can't really see that Holy has done anything wrong all season. I've no doubt Norris has his pluses but command of (and presence in) the box isn't one of them and I can't see what he is bringing.

Played well in patches today. I don't get why Holy is behind Norris in the pecking order, Norris's kicking is poor and that's twice now he has got caught rushing out.
Better today on 22:58 - Jan 1 with 1940 viewsChrisd

Harsh on Edwards, thought he did a decent job today.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Better today on 23:01 - Jan 1 with 1926 viewsChrisd

Better today on 20:51 - Jan 1 by Pinewoodblue

Doubt it would happen but would like to see as unchanged a line up as possible against Exeter on Saturday. Next game isn’t until the following Saturday so plenty of recovery time. We still have two key games against promotion candidates to fit in.

He’ll probably make a couple of changes, but stick with the formation.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Better today on 23:13 - Jan 1 with 1891 viewsMrTown

Don't think it will happen though. Think it will be something like this:

Holy
Chambers - Wilson - Woolfenden
Edwards - Skuse - Huws - Kenlock
El Mizouni
Sears - Keane

Incredibly strong team.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Better today on 07:55 - Jan 2 with 1677 viewschicoazul

Lambert has signed his deal, so you watch the rotating stop now with a nice bit of spin about "I had to rotate to save the second half of our season due to the injury history at the football club which I have changed beyond all recognition btw".

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Better today on 08:09 - Jan 2 with 1652 viewsSteve_M

Better today on 07:55 - Jan 2 by chicoazul

Lambert has signed his deal, so you watch the rotating stop now with a nice bit of spin about "I had to rotate to save the second half of our season due to the injury history at the football club which I have changed beyond all recognition btw".

The thing about rotation though is that the benefits were only ever going to accrue in the latter part of the season. The inconsistency was compounded by the lack of matches which turned a stutter into a crisis.

I actually like that from Evans though, it's actually decisive and makes clear he's not sacking Lambert anytime soon. PL getting more out of the team always was the best route to promotion this season in my opinion, not a panicked change. I also suspect that there are clauses about what happens if we don't go up his year in that contract.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Better today on 08:17 - Jan 2 with 1631 viewschicoazul

Better today on 08:09 - Jan 2 by Steve_M

The thing about rotation though is that the benefits were only ever going to accrue in the latter part of the season. The inconsistency was compounded by the lack of matches which turned a stutter into a crisis.

I actually like that from Evans though, it's actually decisive and makes clear he's not sacking Lambert anytime soon. PL getting more out of the team always was the best route to promotion this season in my opinion, not a panicked change. I also suspect that there are clauses about what happens if we don't go up his year in that contract.

Mentioned in the banter thread that one possibility is Evans is about to sell/dispose and this is Lambert's reward, I cant imagine what for mind you.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Better today on 08:22 - Jan 2 with 1607 viewsitfcjoe

Better today on 22:36 - Jan 1 by SomethingBlue

Especially because Holy was brought in for the Wycombe home game to deal with the aerial threat and made a match saving penalty save and clean sheet at Portman Road.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Better today on 08:22 - Jan 2 with 1605 viewsKeaneish

Better today on 08:09 - Jan 2 by Steve_M

Yeah I agree. Stability is key for this club right now and who knows what a change might have brought. The last thing we need is speculation mounting and gathering throughout the whole of January to derail us even further.

Rotation policy aside, PL had done a decent job but I’m sure the fruits of the rotation policy will be seen at the end of the season, which is when PL should be judged. Everyone is fit or back in contention other than KVY and Lankester. If we maintain the performance level of yesterday I’m pretty confident we’ll make top two this season. There really is nothing to fear other than ourselves!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Better today on 08:55 - Jan 2 with 1531 viewshaynes_toe1

It was better, but not brilliant. Hopefully we start to see some consistency in the starting 11 but I have my doubts.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024