Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A drink in Ipswich 11:30 - Jan 2 with 1529 viewswoodbridge_blue

Got a bit of spare time on my hands today and got to thinking that Ipswich is gradually getting a number of decent pubs, enough for a good old fashioned pub crawl.

How about this for a day out :

Fat Cat, Dove, Lord Nelson, Spreadeagle, Salutation, Halberd, Woolpack, Greyhound, Brewers Arms, St Judes Tavern, Arcade Tavern, Thomas Wolsey.

Have I missed any?
A drink in Ipswich on 11:35 - Jan 2 with 1496 viewsdickie

I've heard that the Duke of York has reopened and is nice. Not been in myself though. I'm still mourning my local that never was - The Garland. I'm sure it was a dive but I moved to Humber Doucy Lane about a month before they bulldozed it
A drink in Ipswich on 11:35 - Jan 2 with 1496 viewslinhdi

Briarbank and Lord Nelson, by the waterfront. Cricketers is not the worst Wetherspoon, and breaks the journey between the Halberd and the Wookpack.
A drink in Ipswich on 11:39 - Jan 2 with 1471 viewsartsbossbeard

Need to pop in The Arbor if you're up near The Greyhound.

Duke of York is now reopen and by all accounts, it's worth a visit.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

A drink in Ipswich on 11:46 - Jan 2 with 1433 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

A drink in Ipswich on 11:39 - Jan 2 by artsbossbeard

Need to pop in The Arbor if you're up near The Greyhound.

Duke of York is now reopen and by all accounts, it's worth a visit.

Lovely finally painted blue walls too!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

A drink in Ipswich on 11:51 - Jan 2 with 1415 viewsstonojnr

double check opening times, for instance Thomas Wolsey doesnt open till 4:30pm most days, some pubs like the Arcade/Spread Eagle generally dont open Mondays.

Id probably add the Three Wise Monkeys, Duke of York into that list of pubs, and dont forget you can now drink in Hopsters too. Steamboat Tavern is worth a look but its quite a walk
[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 11:52]
A drink in Ipswich on 11:52 - Jan 2 with 1406 viewsDyland

Ipswich is pretty good for a pub crawl, indeed. Though some of those are a wee way apart. I wouldn't have the Brewer's Arms on that list though, even though it's not dreadful.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

A drink in Ipswich on 15:28 - Jan 2 with 1155 viewsGeoffSentence

Just to throw another name in the ring, The Swan and Hedgehog.

I haven't actually been since it re-opened under that name, anyone know if it is any good?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

A drink in Ipswich on 16:43 - Jan 2 with 1072 viewsazuremerlangus

A drink in Ipswich on 15:28 - Jan 2 by GeoffSentence

I haven't actually been since it re-opened under that name, anyone know if it is any good?

Went in the Swan for a pre-match drink on Boxing day. First time I have been in there for 20+ years!

Was the meeting pub for nights out in my yoof.

Yes, worth a a swift half en-route...

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Login to get fewer ads

A drink in Ipswich on 16:49 - Jan 2 with 1043 viewsclive_baker

A drink in Ipswich on 15:28 - Jan 2 by GeoffSentence

Had 1 in there before Lincoln FA cup match. It's OK, I'm just pleased someone is in there tying to do something with the place.

Otherwise, OP, list looks decent to me. I agree Ipswich is good for a pub crawl. Got one pencilled in for 8th Feb with a few old pals. Away to Sunderland that day which we're swerving, so going to sink some beers then end up on the waterfront for some food.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024