Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Obscene money in football 13:57 - Jan 2 with 1670 viewshaynes_toe1

Norwich are bottom, and whilst have a very talented, young full-back in Aarons, has only played half a season at Premier League level. Despite that, they've put a £45m price tag on his head!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10651142/max-aarons-tottenham-norwich-tr

Football is crazy (again).
Obscene money in football on 14:02 - Jan 2 with 1612 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

He's only worth what someone is willing to pay for him, which I think will be significantly less than £45m, especially when they go down.
Obscene money in football on 14:10 - Jan 2 with 1575 viewsclive_baker

Anyone can put a price tag on a head. I could put my house on the market for £10m, it doesn't mean anyone will be stupid enough to pay it. Definitely has potential and has done very well to be playing at that level at 19, but he still has everything to prove. He's looked suspect defensively at times this season. As has the whole team, hence they're going down, which is lovely.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 14:16]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Obscene money in football on 14:17 - Jan 2 with 1525 viewseddiespearitt03

Arrons is a good player though. Could play midfield too, got pace down the flanks.
Obscene money in football on 14:24 - Jan 2 with 1469 viewsclive_baker

Obscene money in football on 14:17 - Jan 2 by eddiespearitt03

Arrons is a good player though. Could play midfield too, got pace down the flanks.

He's better going forward. Not convinced he's much of a defender from what I've seen. They're crap defensively and he's part of the problem. 5 years ago there was hype surrounding his cousin Rolando, and he was an unused sub against us yesterday and has never really fulfilled his early potential. Not that he has any bearing on Max's career but the point is that he hasn't proven anything, and there's not a cat in hell's chance anyone will pay £45m for him. The best thing he could do is stay put and play 46 games in the Championship next season IMO.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Obscene money in football on 14:30 - Jan 2 with 1427 viewsitfcjoe

Ben Godfrey has a £60m one on his head

Not bad for a team that can't defend!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Obscene money in football on 14:41 - Jan 2 with 1388 viewsGooders7592

Defenders are a bit different, but if you consider someone like Zaha where Palace put something crazy like £80m+ price tag on him.

Palace would easily lose £80m if they were to be relegated and some argue Zaha keeps them up.
Obscene money in football on 14:42 - Jan 2 with 1380 viewsArnieM

Obscene money in football on 14:24 - Jan 2 by clive_baker

He's better going forward. Not convinced he's much of a defender from what I've seen. They're crap defensively and he's part of the problem. 5 years ago there was hype surrounding his cousin Rolando, and he was an unused sub against us yesterday and has never really fulfilled his early potential. Not that he has any bearing on Max's career but the point is that he hasn't proven anything, and there's not a cat in hell's chance anyone will pay £45m for him. The best thing he could do is stay put and play 46 games in the Championship next season IMO.

But that’s the whole point of slapping ridiculous price tags on players heads isn’t it. It sends out the message , not for sale unless you’re willing to pay OUR ott valuation. Scum have always fond that and do when they go sell , they tend to get s good price for their players . Town on the other hand traditionally send out the wrong message , and get what others want to pay, not what we want .
It’ll be interesting to see what we do regarding Woolfie, Downes and Dozzell .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Obscene money in football on 15:47 - Jan 2 with 1224 viewshaynes_toe1

Obscene money in football on 14:30 - Jan 2 by itfcjoe

Ben Godfrey has a £60m one on his head

Not bad for a team that can't defend!

Yep, and on top of that I imagine Buendia will be worth a lot, although not home grown so that may have an impact. Saw this on a nodge forum earlier (i'm a big James Maddison fan):

Login to get fewer ads

Obscene money in football on 15:56 - Jan 2 with 1194 viewsitfcjoe

Obscene money in football on 15:47 - Jan 2 by haynes_toe1

Yep, and on top of that I imagine Buendia will be worth a lot, although not home grown so that may have an impact. Saw this on a nodge forum earlier (i'm a big James Maddison fan):

They have plenty of saleable assets if/when they go down - prob £150m worth of talent could quite easly be cashed in upon.

They've set themselves up very well for the future

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Obscene money in football on 16:00 - Jan 2 with 1174 viewsArnieM

Obscene money in football on 15:56 - Jan 2 by itfcjoe

They have plenty of saleable assets if/when they go down - prob £150m worth of talent could quite easly be cashed in upon.

They've set themselves up very well for the future

Yes money in the bank for PL failure essentially, but still only a championship Club however they want to dress themselves up.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024