Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Go for it or not? 07:16 - Jan 3 with 1782 viewsLes57

No doubt that once again tomorrow we will see the youngsters wheeled out against Exeter for a competition that PL seems to have rather a lot of contempt for.

In view of our recent performances over the last two months I personally believe that we should keep the first team playing, my reasons.

1) we only have to win 3 games to be at Wembley, and no matter what PL says that is always worth an effort.

2) give our stuttering team performances another chance to put things right and get back to winning ways.

3) give players minutes on the pitch who have not had much chance lately. Skuse, Sears, Bishop, Dozzell etc if they are fit enough to take part.

4) make the youngsters earn the right to play for the first team rather than give out places just because the manager is not interested in playing the competition. I think they would value a place and learn more if there were only one or two of the team outside the first team squad.

5) the first team squad have 7 days to recover, and no doubt would prefer to play proper games rather than train.

6) we play to many games –“bu££5#1t. !!!!!!! The answer is we play too many players!!!
Go for it or not? on 07:29 - Jan 3 with 1748 viewsBloomBlue

4) how do youngsters earn the right to play in the first team if they aren't picked for pointless cup games while also playing well for the U23s?
Go for it or not? on 07:33 - Jan 3 with 1731 viewsbefxblue

At this stage are we still under the same constraints for using a certain amount of players that have played in previous league games?
Go for it or not? on 08:09 - Jan 3 with 1643 viewsBigManBlue

Any chance to get some momentum has to be a positive at this point? And the club must realise that a day at Wembley, in any form, would be massive for us fans.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Go for it or not? on 08:13 - Jan 3 with 1633 viewsitfcjoe

I think we should be able to name a strong enough team whilst resting those that have had a very busy Xmas period

-------------------------Holy------------------------
Cotter-------Wilson-----Nsiala----Kenlock
-------------------Dozzell----Bishop--------------
-----------------------El Mizouni------------------
------Sears-------------------------------Dobra----
-------------------------Roberts----------------------

Looks a decent enough mix, and sure forgetting a few that haven't played much

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Go for it or not? on 08:36 - Jan 3 with 1591 viewsElephantintheRoom

What exactly is the appeal of going to Wembley in a competition nobody cares about?

And what sort of opportunity is it for these 'young players' playing in a competition that the senior players and manager see as appealing as having trodden in a dog's egg?

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Go for it or not? on 08:40 - Jan 3 with 1586 viewsCheltenham_Blue

For years, posters on here and fans in the stadium have been moaning about loan players and that the kids should be given a chance.

Now, one sniff of Wembley and suddenly they can learn their trade in the reserves.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Go for it or not? on 08:43 - Jan 3 with 1575 viewsPJH

What I mostly hope is that we do not qualify for this ridiculous competition next season!
Go for it or not? on 08:50 - Jan 3 with 1561 viewsartsbossbeard

Go for it or not? on 08:43 - Jan 3 by PJH

What I mostly hope is that we do not qualify for this ridiculous competition next season!

It's turned out well.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Login to get fewer ads

Go for it or not? on 08:51 - Jan 3 with 1563 viewsitfcbam

Personally I would want to see us have a good go at winning the game, Exeter are a form team in their league at mo and would guess they will play a strong team. we need a win from somewhere, so why not this one. Also cup might be meaningless to some but I am sure barely any of you will turn down the chance of a trip to Wembley!
Something like
Holy
Cotter, Wilson, Wolfy, Kenlock
Huws, Dozzell, Nolan
Edwards, Sears, Judge

Then mix of a couple of kids and experience on bench.
Go for it or not? on 08:53 - Jan 3 with 1548 viewsBigManBlue

I don't quite get the extremity of contempt for the competition. Sure it's a bit tinpot, but we all moan when we don't go for it in any of the other cups.

I mean I wouldn't put a star on the shirt for it, but surely seems a bit daft to turn our noses up at one we could actually win?

Go for it or not? on 09:29 - Jan 3 with 1460 viewsmonty_radio

Go for it or not? on 08:13 - Jan 3 by itfcjoe

I think we should be able to name a strong enough team whilst resting those that have had a very busy Xmas period

You're probably right, but a shame to rest Judge just as he finally seems to be finding some form; and with Exeter being at home, and on top of their game, I can't see where the goals would come from if we set up like that.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Go for it or not? on 09:33 - Jan 3 with 1449 viewshatch

Am I the only one expecting a rare near-full strength side tomorrow following these comments from Lambert:

Could they be involved against Exeter in the Leasing.com Trophy on Saturday? “I don’t know, but we’ll go strong and we’ll try to get through. One or two guys I’ll give games to but it’ll be a helluva strong side, that’s for sure.”
Go for it or not? on 09:38 - Jan 3 with 1429 viewsIpswichKnight

Go for it or not? on 09:29 - Jan 3 by monty_radio

You're probably right, but a shame to rest Judge just as he finally seems to be finding some form; and with Exeter being at home, and on top of their game, I can't see where the goals would come from if we set up like that.

I like the midfield and wide players in that team, maybe start Keane instead of Roberts.
Go for it or not? on 09:38 - Jan 3 with 1427 viewsSitfcB

“We’ll go strong and we’ll try to get through. One or two guys I’ll give games to but it’ll be a helluva strong side, that’s for sure.” - Paul Lambert.

We shall see....

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Go for it or not? on 09:40 - Jan 3 with 1423 viewsSikamikanico

Go for it or not? on 07:33 - Jan 3 by befxblue

At this stage are we still under the same constraints for using a certain amount of players that have played in previous league games?

The constraints that so many people make a lot of are not that bad.

Goalkeeper is exempt

4 outfield players must be one of the following:
- Any player who started the previous or following first-team fixture
- Any player who is in the top 10 players at the club, who have made the most starting appearances in league and domestic cup competitions that season
- Any player with 40 or more first-team appearances in their career
- Any player on loan from a Premier League club or any EFL Category One Academy club.
Go for it or not? on 09:43 - Jan 3 with 1405 viewsr2d2

Couldnt care less about this game. Lambert needs to wake himself up and the first team players for the final push in the league. Because if we dont go up this season, we will be a lower league club for years and that will be a disaster with Evans in charge.
Go for it or not? on 10:24 - Jan 3 with 1350 viewsLes57

Go for it or not? on 09:43 - Jan 3 by r2d2

Couldnt care less about this game. Lambert needs to wake himself up and the first team players for the final push in the league. Because if we dont go up this season, we will be a lower league club for years and that will be a disaster with Evans in charge.

So this tin pot cup.

We should’nt enter because it is beneath us. Well wake up, this is the level we are playing at. Likewise why bother with the league cup or FA cup, we have absolutely no chance of winning them but still play those games.

And if by a miracle we do indeed get to Wembley in this competition, I take it you would not bother to go and support the team. After all it is only tin pot is it not.
Go for it or not? on 10:27 - Jan 3 with 1339 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Go for it or not? on 08:13 - Jan 3 by itfcjoe

Think Keane will start.

I would also play Huws and Judge. Huws needs to show that he can play back to back games. Judge could do with getting a bit of momentum going - thought he showed some promising signs v Wycombe

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Go for it or not? on 10:29 - Jan 3 with 1336 viewsitfcjoe

Go for it or not? on 10:27 - Jan 3 by southnorfolkblue

Think Keane will start.

I would also play Huws and Judge. Huws needs to show that he can play back to back games. Judge could do with getting a bit of momentum going - thought he showed some promising signs v Wycombe

To be honest I forgot that Keane hadn't played many minutes over Xmas so would definitely start him.

Not too worried about Huws playing this game but see the point of both him and Judge

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Go for it or not? on 10:36 - Jan 3 with 1318 viewsitfc_bucks

Holy
Donacien - Wilson - Wolfie - Kenlock
Edwards - Skuse/Nolan - Huws - Bishop
Keane - Sears
Go for it or not? on 13:47 - Jan 3 with 1171 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Go for it or not? on 10:36 - Jan 3 by itfc_bucks

Holy
Donacien - Wilson - Wolfie - Kenlock
Edwards - Skuse/Nolan - Huws - Bishop
Keane - Sears

Nope. He needs to stick with the formation I think.

......................Holy

.........Chambers Nsiala Wilson

.....Edwards Dozzell Nolan Roberts

................Bishop or Dobra

................Keane Sears
[Post edited 3 Jan 2020 13:48]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Go for it or not? on 13:56 - Jan 3 with 1144 viewsBigManBlue

Go for it or not? on 13:47 - Jan 3 by Cheltenham_Blue

Swap Nolan for someone a bit more physical and the wingbacks for Garbutt/KVY and you could argue that's our best XI full stop, assuming everyone's equally fit.

Go for it or not? on 13:57 - Jan 3 with 1143 viewsclive_baker

Although I'm not too bothered about it as a competition, we need to end this winless run and tomorrow is a good opportunity to try and do that. With a week between it and Accrington I would be tempted to go out fairly strong. Something like:

Holy
Cotter, Nsiala, Wilson, Kenlock, Clements
Bishop Skuse El Mizouni
Sears Keane

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Go for it or not? on 14:06 - Jan 3 with 1119 viewsclive_baker

Go for it or not? on 13:47 - Jan 3 by Cheltenham_Blue

Agree with the back 3 for sure, but it seems like a perfect opportunity to give Kenlock minutes tomorrow. I don't see any value in playing Roberts given he's highly unlikely to ever be required for league duty.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Go for it or not? on 15:34 - Jan 3 with 1052 viewsGeoffSentence

Go for it or not? on 13:56 - Jan 3 by BigManBlue

Swap Nolan for someone a bit more physical and the wingbacks for Garbutt/KVY and you could argue that's our best XI full stop, assuming everyone's equally fit.

Best XI? With Nsiali in it and Woolfy without?

Not for me.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024