Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One for the Sci-Fi fans 14:39 - Jan 3 with 1219 viewsStokieBlue

Let's hope that Amazon don't mess this up.

New trailer for Star Trek: Picard, out on the 23rd Jan:

SB
[Post edited 3 Jan 2020 14:46]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

One for the Sci-Fi fans on 14:42 - Jan 3 with 1203 viewsBlueBadger

They've done an outstanding job with Series 4 of 'The Expanse', so here's hoping.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

One for the Sci-Fi fans on 16:05 - Jan 3 with 1123 viewsstonojnr

The only reason Amazon has it is no one would touch it and give it the huge budget they wanted,Netflix were burned with Discovery & didn't want it,this is made by the same people set in the Kelvin alt timeline reality, have you seen the pictures of Data ? It's like some bad comic-con rip off,and this is a multi million dollar show with original cast members, that's how bad it is

They'll be on technically their 3rd show runner before its even aired,

And dont take the 2nd season confirmation that it's a success the cost of startup for it alone,like Discovery, almost guaranteed multiple seasons however it performs
One for the Sci-Fi fans on 16:10 - Jan 3 with 1110 viewssparks

One for the Sci-Fi fans on 16:05 - Jan 3 by stonojnr

The only reason Amazon has it is no one would touch it and give it the huge budget they wanted,Netflix were burned with Discovery & didn't want it,this is made by the same people set in the Kelvin alt timeline reality, have you seen the pictures of Data ? It's like some bad comic-con rip off,and this is a multi million dollar show with original cast members, that's how bad it is

They'll be on technically their 3rd show runner before its even aired,

And dont take the 2nd season confirmation that it's a success the cost of startup for it alone,like Discovery, almost guaranteed multiple seasons however it performs

Its star trek tbh. All a bit outdated and cheesy now.

Disocvery was horrible- I lasted 2 episodes.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

One for the Sci-Fi fans on 10:15 - Jan 25 with 837 viewsStokieBlue

One for the Sci-Fi fans on 16:10 - Jan 3 by sparks

It was actually very decent, a promising start.

Patrick Stewart excellent as always.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

One for the Sci-Fi fans on 11:01 - Jan 25 with 810 viewsDubtractor

One for the Sci-Fi fans on 16:10 - Jan 3 by sparks

I thought Discovery started OK, but by the end of series one was a bit crap. Series 2 I watched but didn't really enjoy. Some of the plots were just dumb, so far beyond belief that it rendered it pointless.

As I believe you also agree, far an away the best sci fi offering in the last few years is The Expanse.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

One for the Sci-Fi fans on 15:38 - Jan 25 with 723 viewsMJallday

One for the Sci-Fi fans on 10:15 - Jan 25 by StokieBlue

It was actually very decent, a promising start.

Patrick Stewart excellent as always.

SB

I thought it was great.
But worried when it went all matrixy but the tech demonstrations were cool and the Borg cube - wow

Very promising start

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

One for the Sci-Fi fans on 16:03 - Jan 25 with 693 viewssparks

One for the Sci-Fi fans on 11:01 - Jan 25 by Dubtractor

I thought Discovery started OK, but by the end of series one was a bit crap. Series 2 I watched but didn't really enjoy. Some of the plots were just dumb, so far beyond belief that it rendered it pointless.

As I believe you also agree, far an away the best sci fi offering in the last few years is The Expanse.

The Expanse is the first series I have seen that is actually pretty close to grown up proper SF with intelligent ideas, physics, etc rather than just boys own mass market fantasy.

Altered Carbon was fine too- but then I have been a big fan of the Author since the original novel came out.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024