Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ridiculous competition and demeaning to be part of it 16:56 - Jan 4 with 1586 viewsOxford_Blue

Let’s get on with getting out of this league and forget about this Mickey Mouse trophy.

We just need that win, and then can push on.
Ridiculous competition and demeaning to be part of it on 16:56 - Jan 4 with 1569 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's our level now and the only cup we've a chance of winning..

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ridiculous competition and demeaning to be part of it on 16:57 - Jan 4 with 1557 viewsWallingford_Boy

Well said.

The "trip to Wembley" brigade were getting embarrassing.

Only league to focus on now and playing a more settled team hopefully.

RIP Sir Bobby

Ridiculous competition and demeaning to be part of it on 16:58 - Jan 4 with 1522 viewsITFC_96

Ridiculous competition and demeaning to be part of it on 16:57 - Jan 4 by Wallingford_Boy

Well said.

Only the league to focus on! Now there's a massive squad of which half will leave because they aren't getting any game time.
Ridiculous competition and demeaning to be part of it on 16:59 - Jan 4 with 1507 viewsOxford_Blue

Ridiculous competition and demeaning to be part of it on 16:57 - Jan 4 by Wallingford_Boy

Well said.

And I’m not sure we would have taken 40,000 to Wembley either.

Had we won it, but continued to struggle in the league (and I’m not saying we won’t continue to struggle) we would have been a laughing stock.
Ridiculous competition and demeaning to be part of it on 17:02 - Jan 4 with 1462 viewsitfcjoe

It's even more demeaning to lose to a second string of a team a league below

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ridiculous competition and demeaning to be part of it on 17:02 - Jan 4 with 1461 viewsBackToRussia

We just lost to Exeter reserves, that doesn't bode well for the league does it.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Ridiculous competition and demeaning to be part of it on 17:03 - Jan 4 with 1447 viewspointofblue

Ridiculous competition and demeaning to be part of it on 16:58 - Jan 4 by ITFC_96

Only the league to focus on! Now there's a massive squad of which half will leave because they aren't getting any game time.

What are you on about? If half don't play against Accrington they'll appear at Tranmere.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Ridiculous competition and demeaning to be part of it on 17:04 - Jan 4 with 1434 viewshaynes_toe1

This Micky mouse trophy is our level and our best chance of a trip to Wembley for god knows how many years.

Oh and we're also in awful form in the league.

Oh and the manager keeps making the same fck ups time and time again.

Oh but dw it's just a cup
Login to get fewer ads

Ridiculous competition and demeaning to be part of it on 17:04 - Jan 4 with 1434 viewsOxford_Blue

Ridiculous competition and demeaning to be part of it on 17:02 - Jan 4 by BackToRussia

We just lost to Exeter reserves, that doesn't bode well for the league does it.

We didn’t play our strongest team either.

(Although I’m waiting for the “we never do” quip!).

I’m just saying that it wasn’t a cup worth winning and we need to prioritise league form which is poor. I think we are agreeing.
Ridiculous competition and demeaning to be part of it on 17:06 - Jan 4 with 1408 viewshomer_123

Ridiculous competition and demeaning to be part of it on 17:04 - Jan 4 by Oxford_Blue

I’m just saying that it wasn’t a cup worth winning and we need to prioritise league form which is poor. I think we are agreeing.

Nor did they.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Ridiculous competition and demeaning to be part of it on 17:06 - Jan 4 with 1399 viewsITFC_96

Ridiculous competition and demeaning to be part of it on 17:03 - Jan 4 by pointofblue

What are you on about? If half don't play against Accrington they'll appear at Tranmere.

How can you not understand something that simple?

Less games = less chance for players to play in an already massive squad.

Your suggestion is to rotate them in league matches even more.
Ridiculous competition and demeaning to be part of it on 17:08 - Jan 4 with 1374 viewsWallingford_Boy

Ridiculous competition and demeaning to be part of it on 16:58 - Jan 4 by ITFC_96

Good, as we need a clear out.

Nsiala and Edwards can be first out the door!

RIP Sir Bobby

Ridiculous competition and demeaning to be part of it on 17:09 - Jan 4 with 1358 viewsBackToRussia

Ridiculous competition and demeaning to be part of it on 17:04 - Jan 4 by Oxford_Blue

It's kind of a moot point. Our problem in the league hasn't been that we have too many distractions, we've had weeks without games at various stages this season.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Ridiculous competition and demeaning to be part of it on 17:10 - Jan 4 with 1342 viewsWicklowBlue

Ridiculous competition and demeaning to be part of it on 17:08 - Jan 4 by Wallingford_Boy

Good, as we need a clear out.

Nsiala and Edwards can be first out the door!

Agreed!! All this talk about us having the strongest squad in L1...well we don't.
Ridiculous competition and demeaning to be part of it on 21:50 - Jan 4 with 1213 viewshaynes_toe1

Ridiculous competition and demeaning to be part of it on 17:10 - Jan 4 by WicklowBlue

Agreed!! All this talk about us having the strongest squad in L1...well we don't.

Which teams have stronger squads than us?
Ridiculous competition and demeaning to be part of it on 21:59 - Jan 4 with 1176 viewsAlanG296

Ridiculous competition and demeaning to be part of it on 21:50 - Jan 4 by haynes_toe1

Which teams have stronger squads than us?

The best team wins leagues not the best squad and if Lambert could ever work out what his best team is and play them together regularly so that they could actually become an effective team we might have a chance of promotion. But he's had half the season and failed to do that do far.
Ridiculous competition and demeaning to be part of it on 22:00 - Jan 4 with 1173 viewsPJH

Ridiculous competition and demeaning to be part of it on 17:10 - Jan 4 by WicklowBlue

I still think we do but several are not playing up to expectations, some are having a poor season and there is obviously no consistency in selection.

I very much doubt if any other team can match our squad if they were all actually playing at their peak.
Ridiculous competition and demeaning to be part of it on 23:06 - Jan 4 with 1099 viewspointofblue

Ridiculous competition and demeaning to be part of it on 17:06 - Jan 4 by ITFC_96

How can you not understand something that simple?

Less games = less chance for players to play in an already massive squad.

Your suggestion is to rotate them in league matches even more.

Sorry, was being sarcastic. I don't think Lambert should rotate but he will and you're right, the EFL did give a chance to other places without (supposedly) affecting the league side.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024