Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This clubs a fking shambles 18:25 - Jan 4 with 5682 viewstextbackup

Fold and cease to exist

We literally don't ever have a single moment of faking joy

Exeter fcking city ffs

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

This clubs a fking shambles on 20:18 - Jan 4 with 1593 viewsN2_Blue

This clubs a fking shambles on 19:11 - Jan 4 by Bluefish

I thought we had out club back and relegation was worth it for the good times and the fans returning? This is all very confusing

What?
Who ever said relegation was worth it, are you making stuff up again?

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

This clubs a fking shambles on 20:26 - Jan 4 with 1573 viewsLeoMuff

This clubs a fking shambles on 20:18 - Jan 4 by N2_Blue

What?
Who ever said relegation was worth it, are you making stuff up again?

Quite a few back in the day.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

This clubs a fking shambles on 20:36 - Jan 4 with 1538 viewsPecker

This clubs a fking shambles on 18:45 - Jan 4 by FTP

I'm done with the club now in its current state. Devoid of any enjoyment. Rather watch amateur football, it's honestly not that different in standard and is top value.

I will never give up on Ipswich Town F.C. It is like a marriage. At the beginning it is exciting and amazing. After a few years it can go a little stale and same old. Then it all ignites again and becomes magical again. I am in for the long haul. I am not saying that others should or shouldn't, but I will never give up on my first love.
This clubs a fking shambles on 20:54 - Jan 4 with 1509 viewsottovonbismark

This clubs a fking shambles on 20:36 - Jan 4 by Pecker

I will never give up on Ipswich Town F.C. It is like a marriage. At the beginning it is exciting and amazing. After a few years it can go a little stale and same old. Then it all ignites again and becomes magical again. I am in for the long haul. I am not saying that others should or shouldn't, but I will never give up on my first love.

Who is the next manager going to be in the event lambert doesn’t survive until end of season?
This clubs a fking shambles on 20:57 - Jan 4 with 1497 viewsPecker

This clubs a fking shambles on 20:54 - Jan 4 by ottovonbismark

Who is the next manager going to be in the event lambert doesn’t survive until end of season?

Warnock is the obvious choice, but I would go for Mark Cooper at FGR. Knows the lower leagues and how to get the best out of his players. They all love him from what I've read.
This clubs a fking shambles on 21:03 - Jan 4 with 1485 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

It actually makes me laugh now Texters that at 5pm tonight I was pissed off that we lost in the EFL trophy to Exeter reserves. I was angry at that because it was the best chance of seeing some success, however minuscule it might be(and a day out at Wembley)as an ipswich fan in me life. The EFL trophy. And we still blew it. To Exeter reserves.

If you don’t laugh, you’ll cry.

I’m past the Evans anger. He’s not going anywhere. Not enough people want to force him to invest or do one either so we’re totally stuck with him and his bonkers decisions. Every time it seems we’ve hit rock bottom, we find a way to excel ourselves. What next I wonder? I’ll go for selling Downes for a couple of million in the summer after bottling promotion.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

This clubs a fking shambles on 21:15 - Jan 4 with 1460 viewsartsbossbeard

This clubs a fking shambles on 20:26 - Jan 4 by LeoMuff

Quite a few back in the day.

I can confirm this to be true.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

This clubs a fking shambles on 21:19 - Jan 4 with 1445 viewsBluefish

This clubs a fking shambles on 21:15 - Jan 4 by artsbossbeard

I can confirm this to be true.

We've seen lots revisionism before from that lot though

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

This clubs a fking shambles on 21:20 - Jan 4 with 1443 viewsBigManBlue

This clubs a fking shambles on 21:03 - Jan 4 by The_Romford_Blue

It actually makes me laugh now Texters that at 5pm tonight I was pissed off that we lost in the EFL trophy to Exeter reserves. I was angry at that because it was the best chance of seeing some success, however minuscule it might be(and a day out at Wembley)as an ipswich fan in me life. The EFL trophy. And we still blew it. To Exeter reserves.

I’m past the Evans anger. He’s not going anywhere. Not enough people want to force him to invest or do one either so we’re totally stuck with him and his bonkers decisions. Every time it seems we’ve hit rock bottom, we find a way to excel ourselves. What next I wonder? I’ll go for selling Downes for a couple of million in the summer after bottling promotion.

If I was looking for positives... we may well have another shot at this trophy next year...

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

This clubs a fking shambles on 21:26 - Jan 4 with 1414 viewspatrickswell

This clubs a fking shambles on 21:20 - Jan 4 by BigManBlue

If I was looking for positives... we may well have another shot at this trophy next year...

Lump money on us losing to Norwich U-21s though.
This clubs a fking shambles on 21:33 - Jan 4 with 1402 viewsBigeze

This clubs a fking shambles on 20:17 - Jan 4 by StokieBlue

Whilst I agree we should be beating Exeter we are currently behind Oxford in the league and they lost to a similar Exeter side in the last round.

SB

I’ve said it before and I’ve said it again.
Automatic promotion this season on paper is the only way the club we know as ITFC will survive.

EFL gives something like 700k for L1 vs 7 mil in the championship.

The council are circling like vultures over land they own and the “corridor of investment” from the train station to TC and redevelopment.

If things are not sorted out and we go back up this season, the ITFC we all know and love so dearly will be a distant memory :-(
This clubs a fking shambles on 21:39 - Jan 4 with 1373 viewsclive_baker

This clubs a fking shambles on 18:33 - Jan 4 by N2_Blue

Yep I've given up.

This season's ST will be my last. It's just so dull and depressing following this club.
I've actually fallen out of love with football anyway with how the game has changed, money, VAR Prem etc, I watch very little on TV anymore, cancelled SKY and the only love for football i had left was for Town, but this has slowly ebbed away in the last few years and I think there are more enjoyable things to do in life on match days now.

Cannot believe this is something i would have ever felt before Evans took over this club

Agree to an extent. The industry is vile. The wages involved, the ticket costs that are prohibitive to so many people, Sky Sports (I too cancelled it after their extinction clock countdown of Bury), VAR etc. It's firmly disappeared up its own backside.

Still love it as a sport though. As others have said, get back to grass roots, support your local amateur or semi pro side.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

This clubs a fking shambles on 10:18 - Jan 5 with 1220 viewsIPS_wich

This clubs a fking shambles on 20:36 - Jan 4 by Pecker

I’d go further than this...it’s part of my family. My Dad took me my first game as a 5 year old in 79, I was a mascot in 81 and I can’t remember my life without ITFC in it.

I haven’t watched the premier league for over ten years and have never watched the champions league. At the World Cup 18 months ago I hadn’t even heard of half of the England squad. I couldn’t give a sh1t about football anymore. Having moved to Australia 7 years ago, Aussie Rules has taken over the hole in my life that football used to fill...

...yet for the last 2.5 seasons I have been able to stream every ITFC game and I haven’t missed a game since. The Saturday games start at 11pm my time and finish at 1am, and I set my alarm for 4am every midweek game and watch on a slight delay. Before that I would listen to Brenner on some pirate stream every week.

Why? Because it’s my family and no matter how much they hurt me I will always be there. My old man and I text constantly through the games and now he can stream the away games on ifollow we can now connect every weekend due to ITFC...as if I were just down the road. I hate where we are now, I was screaming at the screen last night when Lee f***ing Martin scored the winner, but I’ll be ready to go again next Saturday against Accrington (who are they??)

ITFC until I die...
It's the only real option now..... on 10:23 - Jan 5 with 1213 viewsCheltenham_Blue

It's the only real option now..... on 19:03 - Jan 4 by WicklowBlue

Tbh that was my cynical reasoning for extending Lambert's contract and Lambos ranting at Boxing day. Namely ME is cashing in his chips...

I thought/dreamt the same....

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

This clubs a fking shambles on 10:29 - Jan 5 with 1191 viewsCheltenham_Blue

This clubs a fking shambles on 21:33 - Jan 4 by Bigeze

I’ve said it before and I’ve said it again.
Automatic promotion this season on paper is the only way the club we know as ITFC will survive.

EFL gives something like 700k for L1 vs 7 mil in the championship.

The council are circling like vultures over land they own and the “corridor of investment” from the train station to TC and redevelopment.

If things are not sorted out and we go back up this season, the ITFC we all know and love so dearly will be a distant memory :-(

The ground is designated an Asset of Community Value. The council can't do anything with the land without giving the club and fans groups 6 months to raise the money to buy the land themselves.

They're not circling like vultures at all.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

This clubs a fking shambles on 11:41 - Jan 5 with 1130 viewsgoat_man

Yep I've given up.

This season's ST will be my last. It's just so dull and depressing following this club.
I've actually fallen out of love with football anyway with how the game has changed, money, VAR Prem etc, I watch very little on TV anymore, cancelled SKY and the only love for football i had left was for Town, but this has slowly ebbed away in the last few years and I think there are more enjoyable things to do in life on match days now.

Cannot believe this is something i would have ever felt before Evans took over this club

Spot on N2_Blue. I have gotten so much more enjoyment out of Saturdays since I started doing other things, then driving up to Ipswich to watch us defend for 90 minutes and lose.
It's the only real option now..... on 13:29 - Jan 5 with 1076 viewsTerry_Nutkins

It's the only real option now..... on 18:38 - Jan 4 by chicoazul

Gonna continue with my baseless theory for now, that Evans has given Lambo such a huge contract because he is about to sell & it's a thank you for, I dunno, taking us down a league or something.

You would actually do the opposite if about to sell. Clubs have even sacked the manager prior to sale as it means the buyer won't gave to shell out to put their own man in

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

This clubs a fking shambles on 13:33 - Jan 5 with 1073 viewsjeera

Can understand anyone feeling like this.

I bumped into an old mate the other day and asked him if he still followed the Town, as he was an avid fan when I knew him.

He said he'd stopped going to games as he was sick of "coming home with the hump".

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

This clubs a fking shambles on 13:49 - Jan 5 with 1056 viewsr2d2

Yep I've given up.

I gave up a few years back. Only go to the odd game now. Ive lost my love for football. Evans has done that. I love the club, but hate what its become.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024