Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why has Evans made himself a target? 18:30 - Jan 4 with 1709 viewshaynes_toe1

I just cannot fathom the decision to give Lambert that contract.

Without having done that, he would have been an owner who kept a manager on after relegation because he had got the fans back on board, not sold any prize assets in summer and given Lambert the biggest squad and likely budget in the league.

That puts everything at Lamberts door to deliver. But with the extended contract, especially without explanation from himself, has made himself a sitting duck.
Why has Evans made himself a target? on 18:31 - Jan 4 with 1703 viewsbackwaywhen

Conned by the sweet talking Scotsman .... simple as .
Why has Evans made himself a target? on 18:33 - Jan 4 with 1689 viewsJ2BLUE

Do you really want him to explain? It would be more bluster about investment, stability andf the same tired sh1te which has changed nothing.

The only way his plan has worked is if he came into it trying to suck all of the life out of the club and the fun out of being a fan. Being a Town fan is hard work. I don't care what league we're in next season, i'm not renewing. Something is rotten to the core.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why has Evans made himself a target? on 18:41 - Jan 4 with 1636 viewsDripFedFred

Five years. Who the heck made that decision?

Throw us in the river and add some weights to make the struggle even harder.
Why has Evans made himself a target? on 18:48 - Jan 4 with 1610 viewsYallop

Lambert's family are in Leicester. He's communted backwards and forwards a lot. The new deal means he'll be moving here.
Why has Evans made himself a target? on 21:48 - Jan 4 with 1490 viewshaynes_toe1

Why has Evans made himself a target? on 18:48 - Jan 4 by Yallop

Lambert's family are in Leicester. He's communted backwards and forwards a lot. The new deal means he'll be moving here.

How does that help the club?
Why has Evans made himself a target? on 21:50 - Jan 4 with 1475 viewsJ2BLUE

Why has Evans made himself a target? on 18:48 - Jan 4 by Yallop

That doesn't make any sense.

Edit: Sorry yes it does, misread your post.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2020 21:50]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why has Evans made himself a target? on 21:50 - Jan 4 with 1471 viewsCoco

Why has Evans made himself a target? on 18:33 - Jan 4 by J2BLUE

Do you really want him to explain? It would be more bluster about investment, stability andf the same tired sh1te which has changed nothing.

The only way his plan has worked is if he came into it trying to suck all of the life out of the club and the fun out of being a fan. Being a Town fan is hard work. I don't care what league we're in next season, i'm not renewing. Something is rotten to the core.

'WE'VE NO DIVINE RIGHT'

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Why has Evans made himself a target? on 21:51 - Jan 4 with 1455 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Why has Evans made himself a target? on 21:48 - Jan 4 by haynes_toe1

How does that help the club?

It doesn,t, but a local estate agent will likely do very nicely.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Login to get fewer ads

Why has Evans made himself a target? on 21:51 - Jan 4 with 1454 viewsBluefish

The supporters were overawed by him. Evans just acted on that

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Why has Evans made himself a target? on 21:55 - Jan 4 with 1412 viewshaynes_toe1

Why has Evans made himself a target? on 21:51 - Jan 4 by Bluefish

Yeah, I get that but surely the point of being the owner and the guy in charge is to be able to see past fan euphoria? Otherwise just hand overall control to a random fan..
Why has Evans made himself a target? on 21:55 - Jan 4 with 1410 viewsCoco

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/lambert-on-rambo-banner-and-3-0-win-v-shrewsbury-1-

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Why has Evans made himself a target? on 22:43 - Jan 4 with 1331 viewsbraveblue

Afraid he is just not very smart. Has proved it time and time again. We will never succeed with him in charge.
Why has Evans made himself a target? on 22:51 - Jan 4 with 1304 viewsmrshallisfit

If he gets rid of Lambert he has to find another manager. Something he has struggled at previously. However, by the law of averages he is due a good decision soon. Surely.
Why has Evans made himself a target? on 09:46 - Jan 5 with 1146 viewsr2d2

Not all of them. He had already been named PR Paul, weeks ago. So people had sussed him. All except our owner it would seem.
Why has Evans made himself a target? on 09:51 - Jan 5 with 1135 viewsBluebell

Perhaps you should write to Marcus Evans and ask that question!

......because we haven't got a clue why any owner would give another 5 years to any manager. Football doesn't work that way and it is very rare for any manager (except maybe for Man City, Man Utd or Liverpool) to be given that long!
Why has Evans made himself a target? on 09:57 - Jan 5 with 1109 viewsGaryCooper

ME has to have inherited his wealth, there is no possible way he has the acumen to be a success is there?
Why has Evans made himself a target? on 10:03 - Jan 5 with 1092 viewsElephantintheRoom

Maybe you should think of the simple explanation? Stability can mean success. Lambert has won over the journos and gullible fans with glib PR.... there is something of a feelgood factor at Portman Road that sees 22,000 peopel turn up for a borefest on Boxing Day in division three.

Evans isnt remotely interested in Town and runs it into the ground...Lambo is his first manager who actually seems quite interested in 'the project'. In his eyes a safe pair of hands.

IF Town go up then all is well - back to being one of the second division's poorest teams - and remember how happy everyone was with that.

IF Town are due a protracted stay in the third division... and this is starting to look quite likely, then Lambo again seems capable of scratching around for bargains and playing the occasional Town player. Who knows, maybe quite a few Town players if needs must.

Above all it sends out a message to everyone on the pitch and in the stands that Lambo is the pilot of the ship for the forseeable future.... and in all honesty things could be worse.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Why has Evans made himself a target? on 10:50 - Jan 5 with 1051 viewsBlue_Moses

I think this is spot on. Contract negotiations probably started a couple of months ago when we were still top.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024