Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Keane 22:53 - Jan 4 with 2735 viewsSomethingBlue

I make that four goals in his last 419 minutes, which equates to about 4.7 full games. Takes him time to feel his way into matches and seems to me like the kind of player who's better starting games than coming in for a late salvage effort. But the talent is clearly starting to show itself and he's evidently sharpening up, some really smart finishes there. How do we use him from here?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Will Keane on 22:56 - Jan 4 with 2693 viewsGuthrum

Like all our strikers, needs support for when he flicks it on or holds it up. Also must watch out for being offside.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Will Keane on 23:02 - Jan 4 with 2644 viewsCoco

Streeeeeeeeeeeets ahead of anything else we have in attack.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Will Keane on 23:04 - Jan 4 with 2628 viewsIllinoisblue

Will Keane on 23:02 - Jan 4 by Coco

be strange - and telling - if we end the season with Keane and Sears as first choice attackers and have Norwood and Jackson on the bench

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Will Keane on 23:08 - Jan 4 with 2610 viewsMrTown

Can ooze moments of class, sometimes few and far between during matches, but they are definitely there.

As a technical all round striker, probably as good as we have, certainly the best finisher, needs more consistent game time in my honest opinion.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Will Keane on 23:11 - Jan 4 with 2600 viewsitfcjoe

Play him up top flanked by Sears and Jackson and fire our way out of the division.

Stop pi55ing about changing everything every week and focus on our strengths - getting 3 CM’s on the pitch

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Will Keane on 23:11 - Jan 4 with 2593 viewsSomethingBlue

Will Keane on 23:08 - Jan 4 by MrTown

Can ooze moments of class, sometimes few and far between during matches, but they are definitely there.

As a technical all round striker, probably as good as we have, certainly the best finisher, needs more consistent game time in my honest opinion.

My feeling too at this point. I'm just wondering how that works. Suspect he's at his best dropping off either Norwood or Jackson rather than playing a lone role. But he's suck a slick finisher that I think we need to find a place for him now. Match fitness, as with Huws, no longer much of a reason to drip him in and out.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Will Keane on 23:15 - Jan 4 with 2555 viewsJimmyJazz

Across all competitions this season I make it

Norwood 9 goals
Jackson 7 goals
Keane 5 goals

What odds Keane being top scorer at the end of the season?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Will Keane on 23:45 - Jan 4 with 2442 viewsHerbivore

Will Keane on 23:11 - Jan 4 by itfcjoe

Play him up top flanked by Sears and Jackson and fire our way out of the division.

Stop pi55ing about changing everything every week and focus on our strengths - getting 3 CM’s on the pitch

Precisely this. It's so fooking obvious as well.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Will Keane on 00:21 - Jan 5 with 2349 viewsunstableblue

Will Keane on 23:11 - Jan 4 by itfcjoe

In short DROP FECKIN ECWARDS

Start Downes, and put two from Nolan, Dozzell, Huws, Bishop either side of him.

And as you say put Keane in the middle flanked by Sears and Jackson. It’s not rocket science.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Will Keane on 09:25 - Jan 5 with 1981 viewsIpswichKnight

Will Keane on 00:21 - Jan 5 by unstableblue

And as you say put Keane in the middle flanked by Sears and Jackson. It’s not rocket science.

I’d add El-Miz into that list he looks a class act and dare I say it a better prospect than Dozzell.
Will Keane on 09:29 - Jan 5 with 1966 viewsStokieBlue

Will Keane on 23:15 - Jan 4 by JimmyJazz

Across all competitions this season I make it

Norwood 9 goals
Jackson 7 goals
Keane 5 goals

What odds Keane being top scorer at the end of the season?

Jackson provides more than just goals though - he has the 5th most assists of any player int he division.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Will Keane on 09:39 - Jan 5 with 1907 viewsbrogansnose

Will Keane on 09:29 - Jan 5 by StokieBlue

Jackson provides more than just goals though - he has the 5th most assists of any player int he division.

SB

Jackson should be one of the first names on the team sheet. Its been mentioned above, but an attacking line of Jackson, Sears and Keane would absolutely terrify the clodhopper defenders in this league. Jackson on his own brings the opposition defensive problems, its not his fault that these are not capitalised on.
Will Keane on 09:43 - Jan 5 with 1885 viewsitfc_bucks

Will Keane on 00:21 - Jan 5 by unstableblue

Drop Edwards you say?

Who for?

The injured KVY or the ill Donacien?
Will Keane on 09:58 - Jan 5 with 1830 viewsIpswichKnight

Will Keane on 09:39 - Jan 5 by brogansnose

Jackson should be one of the first names on the team sheet. Its been mentioned above, but an attacking line of Jackson, Sears and Keane would absolutely terrify the clodhopper defenders in this league. Jackson on his own brings the opposition defensive problems, its not his fault that these are not capitalised on.

It would if we played to the strengths but our back line are determined to by pass anyone who can pass and hoof it onto the heads of the man mountain centre halves we play against. Get it on the floor and pass it through the channels. Get Bishop and El-Miz playing so we actually run at players with the ball too.
Will Keane on 10:03 - Jan 5 with 1797 viewsbrogansnose

Will Keane on 09:58 - Jan 5 by IpswichKnight

It would if we played to the strengths but our back line are determined to by pass anyone who can pass and hoof it onto the heads of the man mountain centre halves we play against. Get it on the floor and pass it through the channels. Get Bishop and El-Miz playing so we actually run at players with the ball too.

Like you say, hopefully the return of TB will help that becasue the supply and support of our strikers leaves them an awful lot to do.
Will Keane on 10:04 - Jan 5 with 1798 viewsBluebell

I was completely against Will Keane being re-signed this season after the rubbish he produced last season.

BUT I really have changed my mind about him. He still finds it difficult to get to high balls and control them but he is good with the ball to his feet and yesterday's goal was extremely good. He played well with Sears alongside him.
Will Keane on 10:06 - Jan 5 with 1787 viewsMullet

I might have mentioned this before a few times, always been a big fan and seen this coming. I wish Lambert could give him a run. The fact he's not improved or coached players much thus far is very worrying, but surely he can get close to the best from Downes, Dozzell, Huws, Keane et al some time soon?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Will Keane on 10:06 - Jan 5 with 1786 viewsDyland

Will Keane on 10:04 - Jan 5 by Bluebell

I was completely against Will Keane being re-signed this season after the rubbish he produced last season.

BUT I really have changed my mind about him. He still finds it difficult to get to high balls and control them but he is good with the ball to his feet and yesterday's goal was extremely good. He played well with Sears alongside him.

Don't agree with the high ball bit Bellers. He's not a target man to nod on to someone running on but when the high ball drops to his chest or feet his control and hold up play is by far the best from our strikers.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Will Keane on 10:06 - Jan 5 with 1788 viewsHackneyblueboy

Will Keane on 10:04 - Jan 5 by Bluebell

If the following squad cant get us winning games in this league consistently then PL should go.

Holy
KVY Chambo Woolfy LG
Skuse Bishop Downes
Sears Keane Jackson

Norwood, Huws, Wilson, Nolan, Dozzell, Edwards, Norris
Will Keane on 10:11 - Jan 5 with 1749 viewsBluebell

Will Keane on 10:06 - Jan 5 by Hackneyblueboy

If the following squad cant get us winning games in this league consistently then PL should go.

Holy
KVY Chambo Woolfy LG
Skuse Bishop Downes
Sears Keane Jackson

Norwood, Huws, Wilson, Nolan, Dozzell, Edwards, Norris

It amazes me that people keep saying we need another striker. Why?

We have Norwood, Jackson, Keane and Sears now and between them they should be scoring for fun. The problem is getting the ball on the ground and giving them the service they need. We need to stop hoofing the ball up the pitch and this starts with Holy/Norris.
Will Keane on 10:19 - Jan 5 with 1725 viewsBluefish

Will Keane on 23:45 - Jan 4 by Herbivore

Precisely this. It's so fooking obvious as well.

The main issue is that we would pump long balls at him and then send loads of crosses to an empty box. He isn't a target man

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Will Keane on 10:20 - Jan 5 with 1719 viewsBluefish

Will Keane on 23:02 - Jan 4 by Coco

Will be interesting to look back on the threads from earlier in the season where people were saying Keane will never scores goals and he is out of his depth. I seem to recall explaining that when fit he is different class for the championship let alone division 3

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Will Keane on 11:05 - Jan 5 with 1622 viewsBassett_Blue

I was happy when we re-signed him this season, he is technically very gifted, especially for this league and is a good finisher. Hope now that he is fit he will get a run in the team and can start to show exactly what he can really do.
Will Keane on 11:19 - Jan 5 with 1578 viewsBlueBadger

Will Keane on 10:06 - Jan 5 by Mullet

I might have mentioned this before a few times, always been a big fan and seen this coming. I wish Lambert could give him a run. The fact he's not improved or coached players much thus far is very worrying, but surely he can get close to the best from Downes, Dozzell, Huws, Keane et al some time soon?

The evidence of the past year suggests 'no'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024