Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If ME hadn’t bought Ipswich 23:51 - Jan 4 with 1694 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

If ME hadn’t bought Ipswich on 23:58 - Jan 4 with 1645 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

He invested c.£6m at the time of purchase.

You'd need to do a bit more work to calculate the profit he would have made over the years while he invested incrementally.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

If ME hadn’t bought Ipswich on 14:28 - Jan 5 with 1266 viewsBryanPlug

If ME hadn’t bought Ipswich on 23:58 - Jan 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

You'd need to do a bit more work to calculate the profit he would have made over the years while he invested incrementally.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

If ME hadn’t bought Ipswich on 15:16 - Jan 5 with 1169 viewsElephantintheRoom

He 'invested' a maximum of £8million. In terms of dividends since then he's earned quite a lot - be that the training ground, Wickham, Mings, Creswell etc.

Quite how the 'debt' has sprialled to £100 million cannot be scrutinised owing to opaque accounts and lack of explanation. But the fake debt heimmediately apportioned of £32 million saw a bit of interest syphoned offshore in the early days.

Without proper figures its impossible to say how well he's done.

If he, you or I had invested in Game on last year he's have made 100%. And if he invested in Eddie Stobart hed have lost everything. I guess Town fall somewhere in the middle.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

If ME hadn’t bought Ipswich on 15:30 - Jan 5 with 1136 viewsPhilTWTD

That was only part of it, that bought the historic debt, off the top of my head the club itself cost £12 million.
If ME hadn’t bought Ipswich on 15:33 - Jan 5 with 1124 viewsPhilTWTD

If ME hadn’t bought Ipswich on 15:16 - Jan 5 by ElephantintheRoom

He 'invested' a maximum of £8million. In terms of dividends since then he's earned quite a lot - be that the training ground, Wickham, Mings, Creswell etc.

Quite how the 'debt' has sprialled to £100 million cannot be scrutinised owing to opaque accounts and lack of explanation. But the fake debt heimmediately apportioned of £32 million saw a bit of interest syphoned offshore in the early days.

If he, you or I had invested in Game on last year he's have made 100%. And if he invested in Eddie Stobart hed have lost everything. I guess Town fall somewhere in the middle.

For the sake of clarity, no interest has ever been physically paid (despite a report at one time that it was). It was added to the balance sheet in the first four or five years, but nothing has ever been paid out of the club to ME.
If ME hadn’t bought Ipswich on 15:41 - Jan 5 with 1093 viewsPinewoodblue

If ME hadn’t bought Ipswich on 15:33 - Jan 5 by PhilTWTD

For the sake of clarity, no interest has ever been physically paid (despite a report at one time that it was). It was added to the balance sheet in the first four or five years, but nothing has ever been paid out of the club to ME.

Interest may not have been paid but it was added to the debt. Interest on the full £32m and at a pretty good rate.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

If ME hadn’t bought Ipswich on 15:57 - Jan 5 with 1065 viewsPhilTWTD

If ME hadn’t bought Ipswich on 15:41 - Jan 5 by Pinewoodblue

Interest may not have been paid but it was added to the debt. Interest on the full £32m and at a pretty good rate.

Indeed, as I said, but it is largely irrelevant as the debt is never going to be repaid.
If ME hadn’t bought Ipswich on 16:37 - Jan 5 with 965 viewsOxford_Blue

Plus £12 m for transfers and wages
Login to get fewer ads

If ME hadn’t bought Ipswich on 16:37 - Jan 5 with 965 viewshampstead_blue

If ME hadn’t bought Ipswich on 14:28 - Jan 5 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Share growth isn't compound interest it's just a rise/fall in the value of the stock. The income divi is paid in cash.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

If ME hadn’t bought Ipswich on 16:40 - Jan 5 with 958 viewsOxford_Blue

If ME hadn’t bought Ipswich on 15:16 - Jan 5 by ElephantintheRoom

That’s just not true.

The accounts of the club have been audited and signed off each year and show precisely what has been spent and what he has put in.

Your figures are just way way out. The club makes an operating loss of about £6m on average each year and he has to underwrite those losses. The £100m includes the capital he has spent on the club plus interest.

He took on £32m in 2007 then has underwritten an average of £6m losses for 12 years. He’s charged interest on those which in total plus the £32m gets to £100m.

The value of the club is going to be very low given those debts - assuming Evans insists that they are repaid - and given it has few tangible assets.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 16:45]
If ME hadn’t bought Ipswich on 17:07 - Jan 5 with 884 viewsElephantintheRoom

If ME hadn’t bought Ipswich on 16:40 - Jan 5 by Oxford_Blue

That’s just not true.

The accounts of the club have been audited and signed off each year and show precisely what has been spent and what he has put in.

Your figures are just way way out. The club makes an operating loss of about £6m on average each year and he has to underwrite those losses. The £100m includes the capital he has spent on the club plus interest.

He took on £32m in 2007 then has underwritten an average of £6m losses for 12 years. He’s charged interest on those which in total plus the £32m gets to £100m.

The value of the club is going to be very low given those debts - assuming Evans insists that they are repaid - and given it has few tangible assets.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 16:45]

Sorry but your figures are way out. He took on £8 million of debt and apportioned £32million back to the club - and put in another wedge for Magilton to wast on underperforming players and wages - which was added to the debt at a relatively high interest according to the information given to shareholders at the time.

Yes there is an exponentially increasing debt but it is difficult mine out how and why. Im sorry but the accounts given to shareholders are meaningless and risible.

Paying huge wages for a very few underperforming players and managers year after year after year simply doesnt make sense.

As a shareholer given these flimsy accounts I have long given up trying to make any sense of them.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

If ME hadn’t bought Ipswich on 20:02 - Jan 5 with 678 viewsOxford_Blue

If ME hadn’t bought Ipswich on 17:07 - Jan 5 by ElephantintheRoom

Sorry but your figures are way out. He took on £8 million of debt and apportioned £32million back to the club - and put in another wedge for Magilton to wast on underperforming players and wages - which was added to the debt at a relatively high interest according to the information given to shareholders at the time.

Yes there is an exponentially increasing debt but it is difficult mine out how and why. Im sorry but the accounts given to shareholders are meaningless and risible.

Paying huge wages for a very few underperforming players and managers year after year after year simply doesnt make sense.

As a shareholer given these flimsy accounts I have long given up trying to make any sense of them.

No that’s what I said. He took on £32m (the existing debt to third parties in 2007) and paid about £8m to those third parties to pay off the £32m they had owing to them. So they got 25% of what they were due.

He then as you say gave Magilton money (about £12m) plus Keane and Jewell.

Add it up plus the Interest and you get £100m.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024