Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Imagine 10:48 - Jan 5 with 3391 viewsBluefish

Imagine there's no Lambert
It's easy if you try
No random line ups
A sense of style
Imagine all the players
Playing as a team... Aha-ah...

Imagine there's no Lambert
It isn't hard to do
No PR or gimmicks
And no free pints, too

Imagine all the players
Playing as a team

You, you may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you will join us
And the club will be as one

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Imagine on 10:49 - Jan 5 with 3370 viewsDubtractor

Give it a rest for a few days. We all get it, you don't like Lambert, but given he has just signed a 5 year deal this sort of thing is both pointless and tedious.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Imagine on 10:56 - Jan 5 with 3348 viewsBluefish

Imagine on 10:49 - Jan 5 by Dubtractor

Give it a rest for a few days. We all get it, you don't like Lambert, but given he has just signed a 5 year deal this sort of thing is both pointless and tedious.

You don't have to open my posts and if that is a struggle you could always pop me on ignore. The rest of the board being covered in other similar posts might be an issue though I suppose

Imagine on 11:00 - Jan 5 with 3332 viewsMrTown

We understand, nobody is happy with the current run of form.

Please change the record.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Imagine on 11:03 - Jan 5 with 3314 viewsDubtractor

Imagine on 10:56 - Jan 5 by Bluefish

You don't have to open my posts and if that is a struggle you could always pop me on ignore. The rest of the board being covered in other similar posts might be an issue though I suppose

It's just unnecessary and unhelpful to bang the drum so repeatedly. I'm as staggered as anyone that he has been given a new deal at this point, genuinely can't understand the logic in it, but it has happened and he is going nowhere fast.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Imagine on 11:03 - Jan 5 with 3313 viewsBluefish

Imagine on 11:00 - Jan 5 by MrTown

We understand, nobody is happy with the current run of form.

Please change the record.

First bit of john lennon that I've played

Imagine on 11:05 - Jan 5 with 3307 viewsBluefish

Imagine on 11:03 - Jan 5 by Dubtractor

It's just unnecessary and unhelpful to bang the drum so repeatedly. I'm as staggered as anyone that he has been given a new deal at this point, genuinely can't understand the logic in it, but it has happened and he is going nowhere fast.

So a whimsical musical post mocking it is probably a good move then in the circumstances?

Imagine on 11:22 - Jan 5 with 3282 viewsGuthrum

But it's also possible to imagine a scenario where Hurst wasn't sacked, we still went down, lost more of our decent (or young) players and didn't even make it anywhere near the top of the division, without any of the feel-good stuff which has happened. Season tickets at 8k, top attendance sub-15k, no away-day sell-outs.

Cuts both ways.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Imagine on 11:33 - Jan 5 with 3262 viewsBluefish

Imagine on 11:22 - Jan 5 by Guthrum

But it's also possible to imagine a scenario where Hurst wasn't sacked, we still went down, lost more of our decent (or young) players and didn't even make it anywhere near the top of the division, without any of the feel-good stuff which has happened. Season tickets at 8k, top attendance sub-15k, no away-day sell-outs.

Cuts both ways.

Doesn't scan mate

Login to get fewer ads

Imagine on 11:54 - Jan 5 with 3233 viewsDubtractor

Imagine on 11:33 - Jan 5 by Bluefish

Doesn't scan mate

Yeah it does, its just you need to sing it to the tune of Happy Talking by Captain Sensible.

Imagine on 12:02 - Jan 5 with 3214 viewsBluefish

Imagine on 11:54 - Jan 5 by Dubtractor

Yeah it does, its just you need to sing it to the tune of Happy Talking by Captain Sensible.

When I saw cuts both way i assumed it was gloria estefan

Imagine on 12:11 - Jan 5 with 3203 viewspointofblue

A sense of style? When was the last time we had that - under Mick for a brief spell in late 2014?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Imagine on 12:14 - Jan 5 with 3195 viewsHARRY10

Imagine on 11:03 - Jan 5 by Dubtractor

He's been given a contract long enough to clear out the mess built up over the past 12 years. Caused by any number of accumulated errprs, with the worst being the appointment of Clegg and Mile - neither of whom were football men.

I don't doubt Lambert has come in and seen what a shambles the club has become, whereby even painting parts of the ground had not been done. This is going rto take some while to turn aroiund a club that has promised so much and delivered so little in those twelve years.

Lambert has taken on the challenge, and it would appear to be a case of 'give me the time or I'm off.' The club needs a root and branch clear out No more a sick note club for injury prone players. Lambert's signings have in the main proved astut , and I expect more deadwood will be shifted in Jan and the summer.

.Yes, I am fed up to the back teeth of seeing us turned over by clubs I never thought we would play in the league. By not being in the 3rd round of the FA Cup since the 50's....instead playing in some minor lower league cup. It feels like a good pro being sent to train with the youth players.

But this is where we are. We need to rebuild the club, and for all his faults Lambert has seen how it works elsewhere. Seen how PL clubs work. And just like when SBR arrived a few noses will have to be put out of joint first and the improvement we want won't happen over night.
Imagine on 12:19 - Jan 5 with 3182 viewsPJH

That is brilliant.
Imagine on 12:25 - Jan 5 with 3170 viewsBluebell

Imagine on 12:19 - Jan 5 by PJH

That is brilliant.

I think so too.

I now have Imagine as an earworm.
Imagine on 12:28 - Jan 5 with 3161 viewsPJH

Imagine on 12:25 - Jan 5 by Bluebell

I think so too.

I now have Imagine as an earworm.

I keep singing Roy Orbison songs today because I watched a concert of his that I recorded off SKY Arts over Christmas last night.

edit-probably should be a comma or two in there but not sure where.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 12:32]
Imagine on 17:08 - Feb 8 with 2955 viewsBluefish

Imagine on 21:49 - Feb 11 with 2792 viewsBluefish

Imagine on 15:23 - Feb 24 with 2666 viewsBluefish

Imagine on 16:08 - Feb 24 with 2629 viewsPecker

That Sir, is brilliant.
Imagine on 17:38 - Feb 24 with 2587 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Imagine on 18:08 - Feb 24 with 2568 viewsJDB23

Imagine on 12:14 - Jan 5 by HARRY10

He's been given a contract long enough to clear out the mess built up over the past 12 years. Caused by any number of accumulated errprs, with the worst being the appointment of Clegg and Mile - neither of whom were football men.

I don't doubt Lambert has come in and seen what a shambles the club has become, whereby even painting parts of the ground had not been done. This is going rto take some while to turn aroiund a club that has promised so much and delivered so little in those twelve years.

Lambert has taken on the challenge, and it would appear to be a case of 'give me the time or I'm off.' The club needs a root and branch clear out No more a sick note club for injury prone players. Lambert's signings have in the main proved astut , and I expect more deadwood will be shifted in Jan and the summer.

.Yes, I am fed up to the back teeth of seeing us turned over by clubs I never thought we would play in the league. By not being in the 3rd round of the FA Cup since the 50's....instead playing in some minor lower league cup. It feels like a good pro being sent to train with the youth players.

But this is where we are. We need to rebuild the club, and for all his faults Lambert has seen how it works elsewhere. Seen how PL clubs work. And just like when SBR arrived a few noses will have to be put out of joint first and the improvement we want won't happen over night.

What makes you think Lambert is the man to guide that team to success once the deadwood is cleared? You honestly think 8th/9th position for this squad of players is acceptable, deadwood or not?

No more signing injury prone players? His 3 main summer signings all carried injuries into this season and have missed large periods..
Imagine on 21:39 - Feb 24 with 2488 viewspeterleeblue

Imagine on 12:14 - Jan 5 by HARRY10

We are over thinking our current position here.
Our current squad should make top 6. I have compared us to Sunderland who have probably bigger ownership problems then us but managed to employ a manager who knows what he is doing and will finish play off as a minimum.

Yes maybe a rebuild is required but you don't just give up what was almost certain promotion to toss it of just to hit reset at the lower level.
Imagine on 21:45 - Feb 24 with 2472 viewsjeera

At the risk of encouraging you.

This actually made me laugh.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Imagine on 22:40 - Feb 24 with 2423 viewsBluefish

Imagine on 21:45 - Feb 24 by jeera

At the risk of encouraging you.

This actually made me laugh.

I wouldn't be where I am today without a little encouragement

Imagine on 22:30 - Mar 3 with 2186 viewsBluefish

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024