Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matteo Sereni article December 2019 13:17 - Jan 6 with 6063 viewsFifeITFC

Sereni: "Farewell to football without regrets. Now my life is completely different"

A battle that lasted 9 years and finally ended. Matteo Sereni was acquitted by the investigating judge of Turin on charges of sexual harassment of minors. An age-old affair born after the stormy separation with his wife, who over the years had left important aftermath, preventing the former goalkeeper from being able to see his children. As he himself told us during this interview.

Our interview with Matteo Sereni
When you talk to him, you have the feeling of hearing an old friend with whom you have maintained relationships but to whom you only phone a few times a year. Then you ask him: “ Do you remember this parade? "And he replies laughing:" Enough football! ". But how? You are amazed. Yet you shouldn't do it: Matteo Sereni has always been this way . Straightforward, direct: he does not deny his past but does not want to relive it. It is gone. It has maintained that leathery character that masks a capacity for reflection and a sympathy that gradually opens up. “ You know, I'm like Celentano: I've always hated seeing myself like him again. It is no coincidence that he is my idol ”. This that we tell exclusively for Gianlucadimarzio.com isthe story of one of us , to stay on topic. Of dreams and prospects, of quarrels and disappointments. Of a footballer, of a father, of a man.

“ I am not a social person: I am not on the phone for hours and hours. I don't like putting my photos, I prefer direct comparisons ”he begins like this. “ Many knowledge in football, few friends. I think of Jimmy Fontana (with him at Turin, ed.) Or Mihajlovic or Marcolin . But they are the first names that come to mind, in reality I also have others and I would not do anyone a wrong. Ah, there is also Roberto Baggio : I haven't heard from him for a while but we have always had a beautiful relationship. How much do I call them? A little, I'm a little bear". His is the story of a predestined: he grows in Sampdoria, where he made his debut in 1995. Then Piacenza, Empoli, the return to Genoa and the passage to Brescia of the "Codino" and Guardiola. A parenthesis in England in Ipswich Town. Then Lazio, the transfer to Turin (98 games: personal attendance record) to close at Brescia. An important curriculum, " which could have been different ".

Sereni: "My quarrel with Lippi, my presidents"
Let's start. “ In 1999 after the A in Empoli I was promised a triple transfer: Rome, Juventus and Inter. With the former it was done: they offered 31 billion to Sampdoria; I had been designed for Juventus after Peruzzi and for Inter after Pagliuca . In agreement with my agent, we chose the nerazzurri : 5 years and a pharaonic contract that I had already pre-signed, he jumped to the last and lost that train ". Why? “ Lippi decided it : he wanted Peruzzi and did everything he could to get him to Milan. I got very angry, to the point that during a meeting between captains and coaches that year he came to me to ask me if I was angry with him. My answer? ' Yes, you ruined my career'. I said it to her . " A few years later he would become the national team manager.

The train of desires . Riecco Celentano, playlist of his life. " I have never slowed my tongue too much, " he admits. “If I had been more laid, maybe I would have done something different. But I live by confrontations and face to face, it has always been this way ”. He also had some with the presidents. Some made the history of football. “ In Sampdoria I met Mantovani , a man of other times. It enlightened me: it was pleasant to meet him. He was the classic soccer man, a bit like Garilli I met in Piacenza , or the first Corsi di Empoli ". There is also Corioni : “ He created an incredible Brescia. But I believe that without a figure likeMazzone , who knew how to manage his exuberances, Brescia would not have achieved those great results ". Then, Lotito . With him, the relationship was strange: “I started as a starter in the period in which he inherited a company with 50 players of disproportionate engagements. I was playing, not Peruzzi, but he asked me to extend my biennial over five years. I refused . " Again Peruzzi in destiny , again a no: “ I didn't want to be venal, but I was playing a lot, Delio Rossi had given me guarantees and it didn't seem right. It was determined that I was put out of the market for business reasons. We practically never quarreled: if I had to see him again I would greet him, without reproaching him. What has been has been". He met the first Corsi, the first Lotito and also the first Cairo : " He wanted to do well and he always put it out of his own pocket, but at the beginning he ran into a beautiful and demanding supporter, who immediately asked for the Bull in Uefa ".

s site contributes to the audience of

Sereni: "Farewell to football without regrets. Now my life is completely different"
Home / Interviews

Sampdoria
04/12/19 21:30 | Interviews | Author: Valentino Della Casa
A battle that lasted 9 years and finally ended. Matteo Sereni was acquitted by the investigating judge of Turin on charges of sexual harassment of minors. An age-old affair born after the stormy separation with his wife, who over the years had left important aftermath, preventing the former goalkeeper from being able to see his children. As he himself told us during this interview.

Our interview with Matteo Sereni
When you talk to him, you have the feeling of hearing an old friend with whom you have maintained relationships but to whom you only phone a few times a year. Then you ask him: “ Do you remember this parade? "And he replies laughing:" Enough football! ". But how? You are amazed. Yet you shouldn't do it: Matteo Sereni has always been this way . Straightforward, direct: he does not deny his past but does not want to relive it. It is gone. It has maintained that leathery character that masks a capacity for reflection and a sympathy that gradually opens up. “ You know, I'm like Celentano: I've always hated seeing myself like him again. It is no coincidence that he is my idol ”. This that we tell exclusively for Gianlucadimarzio.com isthe story of one of us , to stay on topic. Of dreams and prospects, of quarrels and disappointments. Of a footballer, of a father, of a man.

“ I am not a social person: I am not on the phone for hours and hours. I don't like putting my photos, I prefer direct comparisons ”he begins like this. “ Many knowledge in football, few friends. I think of Jimmy Fontana (with him at Turin, ed.) Or Mihajlovic or Marcolin . But they are the first names that come to mind, in reality I also have others and I would not do anyone a wrong. Ah, there is also Roberto Baggio : I haven't heard from him for a while but we have always had a beautiful relationship. How much do I call them? A little, I'm a little bear". His is the story of a predestined: he grows in Sampdoria, where he made his debut in 1995. Then Piacenza, Empoli, the return to Genoa and the passage to Brescia of the "Codino" and Guardiola. A parenthesis in England in Ipswich Town. Then Lazio, the transfer to Turin (98 games: personal attendance record) to close at Brescia. An important curriculum, " which could have been different ".

Sereni: "My quarrel with Lippi, my presidents"
Let's start. “ In 1999 after the A in Empoli I was promised a triple transfer: Rome, Juventus and Inter. With the former it was done: they offered 31 billion to Sampdoria; I had been designed for Juventus after Peruzzi and for Inter after Pagliuca . In agreement with my agent, we chose the nerazzurri : 5 years and a pharaonic contract that I had already pre-signed, he jumped to the last and lost that train ". Why? “ Lippi decided it : he wanted Peruzzi and did everything he could to get him to Milan. I got very angry, to the point that during a meeting between captains and coaches that year he came to me to ask me if I was angry with him. My answer? ' Yes, you ruined my career'. I said it to her . " A few years later he would become the national team manager.

The train of desires . Riecco Celentano, playlist of his life. " I have never slowed my tongue too much, " he admits. “If I had been more laid, maybe I would have done something different. But I live by confrontations and face to face, it has always been this way ”. He also had some with the presidents. Some made the history of football. “ In Sampdoria I met Mantovani , a man of other times. It enlightened me: it was pleasant to meet him. He was the classic soccer man, a bit like Garilli I met in Piacenza , or the first Corsi di Empoli ". There is also Corioni : “ He created an incredible Brescia. But I believe that without a figure likeMazzone , who knew how to manage his exuberances, Brescia would not have achieved those great results ". Then, Lotito . With him, the relationship was strange: “I started as a starter in the period in which he inherited a company with 50 players of disproportionate engagements. I was playing, not Peruzzi, but he asked me to extend my biennial over five years. I refused . " Again Peruzzi in destiny , again a no: “ I didn't want to be venal, but I was playing a lot, Delio Rossi had given me guarantees and it didn't seem right. It was determined that I was put out of the market for business reasons. We practically never quarreled: if I had to see him again I would greet him, without reproaching him. What has been has been". He met the first Corsi, the first Lotito and also the first Cairo : " He wanted to do well and he always put it out of his own pocket, but at the beginning he ran into a beautiful and demanding supporter, who immediately asked for the Bull in Uefa ".

Not Europa League, Uefa calls it. Lapsus that refers to a football many years ago. “ Between the end of 2010 and the beginning of 2011 I had sensed a change. It was all too much of a business, and what used to be the landmarks of the locker room, which you lived as a family, were treated almost like clutter. Before we were friends, after we became only many players, as in a subbuteo. I felt the humanity of football lost and this bothered me a lot. I have always believed in people and relationships, even without being diplomatic . " So, he decided to quit.

The farewell to football: "Health and family. One day I will write a book"
A painful choice, almost obligatory. Due to delicate family situations: a very difficult separation, made up of courts, accusations, trials and lawyers. Of this, Sereni speaks little: a too painful parenthesis and an attempt to protect her children. “ But write this: sooner or later I will tell my story in a book and what I collect will be donated to the associations that deal with helping people unfairly separated from the normalcy of a family. You live systems so rotten and wrong that in the end some fathers or mothers who have not had the good fortune to defend themselves, as has happened to me, find themselves on the street and without seeing their children. My parents are 14 and 18 years old . " He hasn't seen them for some time . "They must live their lives outside the conflicts of separation. For now I will be silent, but one day, when they grow up, I will speak . " With so many charges against him, even the physicist gave way. “ I had a severe back problem, exacerbated by my worries. I was so sick that I was jerked when climbing the stairs of the house. So I decided not to continue: those who remain tied to a company with these conditions, do it only to steal money . I have waged my other battle, which is not yet over . "

In the meantime, however, a new life has been created. A new family, another girl. “ I live in Sardinia with my partner, Stefania, who works in a real estate agency. My job? I babysit full time: I take care of Sofia, my daughter ”. He has two years and a whole future ahead.

But do not forget your first home . He just doesn't want to buy it: “Football is my past. I love him, I follow him, but I don't want to see him as my present . " He also follows basketball, he once loved to go fishing. " It helped me a lot: you were alone, you had to stay focused and have a lot of patience ". Kind of like a goalkeeper. Anecdotes? Now that it has really melted, tell one . "I was on retreat in Turin, sharing the room with Fontana. I had introduced him to fishing, he had fixed himself that in the seaside resort where we were, and I don't mean which one, we had to catch fish. We had the hotel room facing the sea: it was winter, it was freezing. But he absolutely wanted to fish. So we put the rods from the balcony and throw them into the sea. At some point, his starts to move. He was all happy but he had caught a seagull! He had to go out into the snow to try to free him. I stayed on the balcony laughing ”he comments amused.

s site contributes to the audience of

Home / Interviews

Sampdoria
04/12/19 21:30 | Interviews | Author: Valentino Della Casa

The farewell to football: "Health and family. One day I will write a book"
A painful choice, almost obligatory. Due to delicate family situations: a very difficult separation, made up of courts, accusations, trials and lawyers. Of this, Sereni speaks little: a too painful parenthesis and an attempt to protect her children. “ But write this: sooner or later I will tell my story in a book and what I collect will be donated to the associations that deal with helping people unfairly separated from the normalcy of a family. You live systems so rotten and wrong that in the end some fathers or mothers who have not had the good fortune to defend themselves, as has happened to me, find themselves on the street and without seeing their children. My parents are 14 and 18 years old . " He hasn't seen them for some time . "They must live their lives outside the conflicts of separation. For now I will be silent, but one day, when they grow up, I will speak . " With so many charges against him, even the physicist gave way. “ I had a severe back problem, exacerbated by my worries. I was so sick that I was jerked when climbing the stairs of the house. So I decided not to continue: those who remain tied to a company with these conditions, do it only to steal money . I have waged my other battle, which is not yet over . "

In the meantime, however, a new life has been created. A new family, another girl. “ I live in Sardinia with my partner, Stefania, who works in a real estate agency. My job? I babysit full time: I take care of Sofia, my daughter ”. He has two years and a whole future ahead.

But do not forget your first home . He just doesn't want to buy it: “Football is my past. I love him, I follow him, but I don't want to see him as my present . " He also follows basketball, he once loved to go fishing. " It helped me a lot: you were alone, you had to stay focused and have a lot of patience ". Kind of like a goalkeeper. Anecdotes? Now that it has really melted, tell one . "I was on retreat in Turin, sharing the room with Fontana. I had introduced him to fishing, he had fixed himself that in the seaside resort where we were, and I don't mean which one, we had to catch fish. We had the hotel room facing the sea: it was winter, it was freezing. But he absolutely wanted to fish. So we put the rods from the balcony and throw them into the sea. At some point, his starts to move. He was all happy but he had caught a seagull! He had to go out into the snow to try to free him. I stayed on the balcony laughing ”he comments amused.

He was already a man, but he seems to be a child again. Boy, at best. It is a past that he remembers with pleasure but that you have to be able to snatch it out, little by little. The defensive armor that has been created reveals an anger that only really falls when it thinks about its present and its future. " Now I'm more mature ", but spontaneity has always remained. Silence, a cry in the distance. " She is my daughter ." Thank you and goodbye, just like you do with all your friends. "See you soon ". Celentano said it was easy to wheel a motorcycle up; the hard part was doing it with a car. Sereni tries it every day. It is the story of his life.

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/matteo-sereni-che-fine-ha-fatto-portiere?pageArt

A news article appeared on TWTD about Sereni so I googled him to see if there was any news on his court case etc. Not sure how well this has translated from Italian.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Matteo Sereni article December 2019 on 13:36 - Jan 6 with 5922 viewsSteve_M

It's not translated the bit about a friendly with Lazio.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Matteo Sereni article December 2019 on 14:05 - Jan 6 with 5790 viewsBLUEBEAT

Will forever be remembered here for being a bit tired and wearing pink suede shoes

Poll: W or W

Matteo Sereni article December 2019 on 14:53 - Jan 6 with 5636 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Matteo Sereni article December 2019 on 14:05 - Jan 6 by BLUEBEAT

Will forever be remembered here for being a bit tired and wearing pink suede shoes

Good goalkeeper though. But Poom from Derby would have been better had that deal gone through.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Matteo Sereni article December 2019 on 16:21 - Jan 6 with 5421 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Matteo Sereni article December 2019 on 14:53 - Jan 6 by The_Last_Baron

Good goalkeeper though. But Poom from Derby would have been better had that deal gone through.

I often wonder if we'd of stayed in the Prem that year if it had been Poor instead of Serini. Thats not to say Serini wasn't a good keeper, but I think Poom would of settled into the squad better.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Matteo Sereni article December 2019 on 17:54 - Jan 6 with 5265 viewssolemio

Matteo Sereni article December 2019 on 14:53 - Jan 6 by The_Last_Baron

Sereni was not a good goalkeeper; he was an excellent shot-saver. Quite a proportion of those saves would not have been needed if he had been any use at collecting crosses, any use at organising his defence, and positionally better.
Matteo Sereni article December 2019 on 20:08 - Jan 6 with 5057 viewsLeoMuff

Matteo Sereni article December 2019 on 17:54 - Jan 6 by solemio

Sereni was not a good goalkeeper; he was an excellent shot-saver. Quite a proportion of those saves would not have been needed if he had been any use at collecting crosses, any use at organising his defence, and positionally better.

Indeed, world class shot stopper sh1te at crosses and ego the size of a planet.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Matteo Sereni article December 2019 on 13:23 - Jan 7 with 4655 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Matteo Sereni article December 2019 on 16:21 - Jan 6 by Cheltenham_Blue

I often wonder if we'd of stayed in the Prem that year if it had been Poor instead of Serini. Thats not to say Serini wasn't a good keeper, but I think Poom would of settled into the squad better.

The Poom deal was done, £5m deal and everything agreed. Then Derby pulled the plug when the deal they had to sign a replacement fell through.

Poom was a better keeper than Richard Wright at that time and would have made a great difference.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Matteo Sereni article December 2019 on 14:30 - Jan 7 with 4558 viewsGeoffSentence

Funnily enough I was wondering what had happened to him a few days ago but didnt manage to trawl any new articles up.

Anyway I am glad he has been cleared of what was a horrendous charge, his relationship with his former wife must be absolutely rock bottom.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024