Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gwion Edwards 15:18 - Jan 6 with 1872 viewsistanblue

Is it just me that rates him?

He was our joint top-scorer last season on his debut season in a higher division and in a crap team. The reason why he's underperformed this season is perhaps the same as why people like Judge have as well - played out of his favoured position and never getting a prolonged run in the team. This is of course down to PL unfortunately. I'm willing to wager giving him a good run in the team whilst playing in his favoured right wing position will see marked improvements in his performances and contribution (all his goals and assists for us have come when he's played RW).
Gwion Edwards on 15:22 - Jan 6 with 1842 viewsDyland

It is just you ;)

However, your point is a decent one but this isn't a stick to beat Lambert with. If/when Donacien is fit PL plays him at right back. And he's been alright generally. Since KVY was injured of course. Needs must. Who would you play at right back or wing back?

It's so ridiculous we have a ton of options in midfield but the injury happens in the place we have the sh1ttest cover. This club ffs.

Er COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Hi Gwion. (n/t) on 15:22 - Jan 6 with 1835 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Gwion Edwards on 15:26 - Jan 6 with 1811 viewsMeadowlark

I rate him. Especially if he can play like he did at Swansea away last season more often.
I also rate Dozzell.
Gwion Edwards on 15:34 - Jan 6 with 1767 viewsBluefish

He was crap last season too

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Gwion Edwards on 15:36 - Jan 6 with 1758 viewshoppy

You're not setting a very high bar at all there, unfortunately.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Gwion Edwards on 15:38 - Jan 6 with 1739 viewsBlueBadger

He's he new Gary Roberts. Briefly looked vaguely impressive but became quickly apparent that he's crap.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Gwion Edwards on 15:39 - Jan 6 with 1739 viewsSomethingBlue

I like him well enough in the final third and if he could just be left there it'd be fine. But he's a liability in other areas, particularly when in possession. Lacks awareness and composure.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Gwion Edwards on 15:41 - Jan 6 with 1728 viewsITFC_96

Dobra should be playing ahead of him.
Login to get fewer ads

He's not on 15:44 - Jan 6 with 1710 viewsDyland

Gwion Edwards on 15:38 - Jan 6 by BlueBadger

He's he new Gary Roberts. Briefly looked vaguely impressive but became quickly apparent that he's crap.

Thingers has it right imo. Easy for him to look crap at the moment though, cos he can't defend or keep possession when under pressure. Who else are we going to play defensively on the right though, if KVY and Donacien are both out?

EDIT: He was alright vs Wycombe
[Post edited 6 Jan 2020 15:46]

Arf on 15:45 - Jan 6 with 1696 viewsDyland

Gwion Edwards on 15:41 - Jan 6 by ITFC_96

Dobra should be playing ahead of him.

Do you mean Dobra attacking right with Edward as right back?

No, I thought not :)

Gwion Edwards on 16:10 - Jan 6 with 1614 viewsBLUEBEAT

I think he’s good enough when played in his correct position amongst other team mates playing in their correct positions.

Lambert must rate him as he seems to get more games than most of the ‘non-spine’ players.

Poll: W or W

Gwion Edwards on 16:19 - Jan 6 with 1582 viewsIP33

I don't rate him, no. Touch like a trampoline and pretty bad in possession. In his defence he has played so many different positions this season, it must be hard to build any sort of consistency.
Gwion Edwards on 16:24 - Jan 6 with 1566 viewsBigManBlue

He does tend to look a bit cack, but then he seems to play as a RB/RWB more often than not which makes it hard to say in fairness.

His best role is RM by all accounts, but then we don't have any forward who are particularly commanding in the air. I bet if we had a lump of a target man he'd look better as more would come of his crossing.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Gwion Edwards on 16:50 - Jan 6 with 1493 viewsClapham_Junction

I'm amazed he hasn't been sent off yet. His tackling is poor, often rash, and he seems to get wound up quite easily.

If we ever got an offer for him from another club, I'd be happy to see him leave.
Gwion Edwards on 16:54 - Jan 6 with 1467 viewsMullet

Gwion Edwards on 16:50 - Jan 6 by Clapham_Junction

I'm amazed he hasn't been sent off yet. His tackling is poor, often rash, and he seems to get wound up quite easily.

If we ever got an offer for him from another club, I'd be happy to see him leave.

Thought he was a goner at Fleetwod and Lincoln to be fair.

If he was played wide in a 3 where he was challenged to either shoot early or run it to the line he'd be fairly effective. He seems to have regressed into a neither/or player under Lambert though.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Gwion Edwards on 17:27 - Jan 6 with 1382 viewsstrikalite

Gwion Edwards on 16:19 - Jan 6 by IP33

I don't rate him, no. Touch like a trampoline and pretty bad in possession. In his defence he has played so many different positions this season, it must be hard to build any sort of consistency.

Agree he does overrun the ball, I thought he'd shine in this league though even with that against him, certainly better up the pitch than covering right back to be fair to him..
Gwion Edwards on 17:30 - Jan 6 with 1367 viewsPJH

Gwion Edwards on 16:50 - Jan 6 by Clapham_Junction

Yes, every time he launches himself into one of those wild challenges the possibility of a red card, or an injury to an opponent or both, is always there.

Tackling is one of the many things that he is not good at.
Gwion Edwards on 17:31 - Jan 6 with 1360 viewsjas0999

Far too inconsistent. Good on his day - but those days are few and far between.
Gwion Edwards on 18:05 - Jan 6 with 1304 viewsmonty_radio

If we want an a wingback, he offers more than Donacien in that role, but defensively, because his first touch is so often heavy, he ends up tackling precariously to retrieve the ball that got away from him.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2020 18:51]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Arf on 18:14 - Jan 6 with 1288 viewsITFC_96

Arf on 15:45 - Jan 6 by Dyland

Do you mean Dobra attacking right with Edward as right back?

No, I thought not :)

He barely defends and occupies the same position that Dobra could.
Gwion Edwards on 19:07 - Jan 6 with 1172 viewsThe_Last_Baron

The only players I'd keep from the current lot are Dobra, the Woollf, Downes, Dozzell, Garbutt, Holy Sears, Bishop and maybe Jackson.

Edwards has the odd good moment but is not a man to turn in 40 solid performances a season.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Gwion Edwards on 19:24 - Jan 6 with 1133 viewsReuser_is_God

Yeah, only you.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Gwion Edwards on 19:35 - Jan 6 with 1092 viewsRonFearonsHair

Gwion Edwards on 15:38 - Jan 6 by BlueBadger

The Gary Roberts playing in a higher league than us?
Gwion Edwards on 19:52 - Jan 6 with 1055 viewsTheDailyTractor

His favoured position is actually left wing. Where he played for peterborough. Theres a very good player there providing you set a team up to utilise ALL their strengths, which we havent for years.
Gwion Edwards on 20:24 - Jan 6 with 996 viewsWestcountryblue

I think there is a good player in there somewhere.

Previously he has been very good at this level. Seems really low on confidence, probably due to having to play an unfamiliar role.

Easily had the beating of his man on Saturday, but he seemed to lack the confidence to take him on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024