Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U23's goals 18:51 - Jan 6 with 1392 viewsMullet

Their keeper has a nightmare for the third, but who plays that really smart pass in the build up to Andoh's, can't make it out.

I thought he was a defender too who could play at DM, was he playing in midfield there?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

U23's goals on 20:45 - Jan 6 with 1239 viewsHenryH

I am a big fan of your reports so after years of lurking on this forum, thought it is time to enter the fray, since I attended the match. I think a down arrowed your comment in error.
Not sure who supplied the pass but all the midfield looked very comfortable on the ball, with Hughes and McGavin passing the ball around confidently and Dobra and El Mizouni running at Charlton at every opportunity.

I had to leave with around 20 mins to go, but from what I saw Ipswich dominated the game, we could/ should have scored within 30 seconds of the start, a lob of the out of position goalie hitting the side netting.

Their goalie also made at least three outstanding saves and we hit the side netting on a couple of other occasions, plus the bar.
Andoh shanked his goal, but they all count. He played central defence and looked pretty uncomfortable on the ball.

Cotter supplied some excellent crosses and one good shot.

The defence was not really tested, probably luckily for us. Adam didn't have to do much in goal, excellent free kick for their goal.

The players not mentioned were pretty anonymous.
U23's goals on 20:50 - Jan 6 with 1219 viewsMullet

U23's goals on 20:45 - Jan 6 by HenryH

I am a big fan of your reports so after years of lurking on this forum, thought it is time to enter the fray, since I attended the match. I think a down arrowed your comment in error.
Not sure who supplied the pass but all the midfield looked very comfortable on the ball, with Hughes and McGavin passing the ball around confidently and Dobra and El Mizouni running at Charlton at every opportunity.

I had to leave with around 20 mins to go, but from what I saw Ipswich dominated the game, we could/ should have scored within 30 seconds of the start, a lob of the out of position goalie hitting the side netting.

Their goalie also made at least three outstanding saves and we hit the side netting on a couple of other occasions, plus the bar.
Andoh shanked his goal, but they all count. He played central defence and looked pretty uncomfortable on the ball.

The defence was not really tested, probably luckily for us. Adam didn't have to do much in goal, excellent free kick for their goal.

Cheers Henry. No worries on a downvote mate, I get plenty.

Appreciate the information too. It's no surprise the first team blooded talent stood out in comparison I guess. How did Andoh look overall? Any chance he might be good enough?

U23's goals on 20:51 - Jan 6 with 1214 viewsChrisd

Dartford have got a very decent ground.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

U23's goals on 20:52 - Jan 6 with 1210 viewsitfcjoe

Looks like the second phase of a corner

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

U23's goals on 20:58 - Jan 6 with 1186 viewsHenryH

U23's goals on 20:51 - Jan 6 by Chrisd

Dartford have got a very decent ground.

Hard to say, didn't have much to do, but passed the ball off the pitch a few times under no real pressure and I was nervous every time he had the ball, but early days.

Yes excellent ground, paid for by the council I believe. Remember seeing a Jordan Rhodes goal for us there one pre season
U23's goals on 21:01 - Jan 6 with 1170 viewsHenryH

U23's goals on 20:58 - Jan 6 by HenryH

Hard to say, didn't have much to do, but passed the ball off the pitch a few times under no real pressure and I was nervous every time he had the ball, but early days.

Yes excellent ground, paid for by the council I believe. Remember seeing a Jordan Rhodes goal for us there one pre season

Our corners were terrible, either didn't even get the ball off the ground or hit the first man, mainly took by el miz. Maybe Cotter should take them as he can cross well
U23's goals on 21:03 - Jan 6 with 1157 viewsWestcountryblue

Been super impressed with El Mizouni and Dobra each time i've seen them. They need either a loan spell or minutes off the bench, with some of the deadwood in front of them removed.
U23's goals on 21:07 - Jan 6 with 1150 viewsMullet

U23's goals on 21:01 - Jan 6 by HenryH

Our corners were terrible, either didn't even get the ball off the ground or hit the first man, mainly took by el miz. Maybe Cotter should take them as he can cross well

Interesting it was him who took the corner at Posh for Chambers' goal wasn't it?

Login to get fewer ads

U23's goals on 21:56 - Jan 6 with 1056 viewsHenryH

U23's goals on 21:07 - Jan 6 by Mullet

Interesting it was him who took the corner at Posh for Chambers' goal wasn't it?

Yes maybe an off day, or he had better players to cross to at Peterborough
U23's goals on 00:45 - Jan 7 with 922 viewsGuthrum

U23's goals on 21:03 - Jan 6 by Westcountryblue

Been super impressed with El Mizouni and Dobra each time i've seen them. They need either a loan spell or minutes off the bench, with some of the deadwood in front of them removed.

El Mizouni had a good spell off the bench on Saturday at Exeter. He and Kenlock linking up well.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2020 0:45]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

U23's goals on 06:16 - Jan 7 with 846 viewsNewcyBlue

U23's goals on 20:45 - Jan 6 by HenryH

I’m a big fan of his reports too.

Excellent for when having a crap.

As for the down arrows he loves them, keep giving them to him. He actually buys every person a pint for every down arrow he gets.

He ruined my liver.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

U23's goals on 06:36 - Jan 7 with 824 viewsbrogansnose

U23's goals on 06:16 - Jan 7 by NewcyBlue

I’m a big fan of his reports too.

Excellent for when having a crap.

As for the down arrows he loves them, keep giving them to him. He actually buys every person a pint for every down arrow he gets.

He ruined my liver.

Well, that's a relief, he used to drown a Meerkat for every downvote.

Who says therapy doesn't work.
U23's goals on 06:39 - Jan 7 with 820 viewsNewcyBlue

U23's goals on 06:36 - Jan 7 by brogansnose

Well, that's a relief, he used to drown a Meerkat for every downvote.

Who says therapy doesn't work.

Drown a meerkat?

Is that some sort of euphemism? He does look at me rather lustfully...

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024