Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading is on the new TFL Tube Map....madness I say! 08:26 - Jan 7 with 1018 viewshomer_123

https://www.timeout.com/london/news/theres-a-brand-new-london-tube-map-and-its-g

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Reading is on the new TFL Tube Map....madness I say! on 08:28 - Jan 7 with 998 viewsGeoffSentence

Shenfield too at our end of the line

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Reading is on the new TFL Tube Map....madness I say! on 08:32 - Jan 7 with 980 viewsgiant_stow

Reading is on the new TFL Tube Map....madness I say! on 08:28 - Jan 7 by GeoffSentence

Shenfield too at our end of the line

Thats been on there for a while now - i know because my tube mad son wanted to go there when it appeared (you cant get an ice cream near Shenfield, but if you go back to Brentwood and walk up, you can) . We havent done Reading yet but im sure we will.

The world famous Geoff Marshall isn't happy about all the detritus on the map now. He has serious concerns about its tube prurity.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2020 8:36]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Reading is on the new TFL Tube Map....madness I say! on 08:54 - Jan 7 with 920 viewsElephantintheRoom

Not strictly true though is it...its the transport for london map... just showing how after 100 years there is finely a joined up service of sorts between rail and underground if you want to go to or through london.

I vaguely remember a similar map 30 years ago in one of those ye olde but quite useful paper timetables we used to get at 6 monthly intervals from the good folk of network southeast. Particularly useful during train and underground strikes - and points failures at bethnal green.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Reading is on the new TFL Tube Map....madness I say! on 09:25 - Jan 7 with 879 viewsSWGF

Does that mean you can get to Reading on a Zone 1-6 travelcard thingy?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Reading is on the new TFL Tube Map....madness I say! on 09:29 - Jan 7 with 868 viewsGeoffSentence

Reading is on the new TFL Tube Map....madness I say! on 09:25 - Jan 7 by SWGF

No, it says on the map

Outside of fare zones,Oyster is not valid.

West Drayton is the furthest point in zone 6 on that line.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Reading is on the new TFL Tube Map....madness I say! on 09:31 - Jan 7 with 853 viewsSWGF

Reading is on the new TFL Tube Map....madness I say! on 09:29 - Jan 7 by GeoffSentence

No, it says on the map

Ah, OK. Saw the Oyster thingy but was wondering....just in case I could get work to pay for my travel to Oxford next week (or 75% of it)!

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

Reading is on the new TFL Tube Map....madness I say! on 09:33 - Jan 7 with 849 viewshoppy

Reading is on the new TFL Tube Map....madness I say! on 09:29 - Jan 7 by GeoffSentence

No, it says on the map

So with an all zones travelcard, you’d just need to get a ticket from West Drayton to reading on top of making that journey.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Reading is on the new TFL Tube Map....madness I say! on 09:38 - Jan 7 with 826 viewsSWGF

Reading is on the new TFL Tube Map....madness I say! on 09:33 - Jan 7 by hoppy

So with an all zones travelcard, you’d just need to get a ticket from West Drayton to reading on top of making that journey.

But wouldn't your particular train need to stop at WD, if that were the case? Can't say I'm particularly au fait with the entangled web that is train tickets/permissions.

Login to get fewer ads

Reading is on the new TFL Tube Map....madness I say! on 09:41 - Jan 7 with 816 viewshoppy

Reading is on the new TFL Tube Map....madness I say! on 09:38 - Jan 7 by SWGF

But wouldn't your particular train need to stop at WD, if that were the case? Can't say I'm particularly au fait with the entangled web that is train tickets/permissions.

No, don’t think so. With a paper travelcard, I think you’re entitled to travel within the zones on your ticket. If travelling by oyster you would obviously need to tap out at the relevant station to avoid the maximum fare being applied for the journey, so in that respect you’re right.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Reading is on the new TFL Tube Map....madness I say! on 10:09 - Jan 7 with 786 viewsfactual_blue

Reading is on the new TFL Tube Map....madness I say! on 09:25 - Jan 7 by SWGF

Why would you want to?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Reading is on the new TFL Tube Map....madness I say! on 10:16 - Jan 7 with 782 viewsSWGF

Reading is on the new TFL Tube Map....madness I say! on 10:09 - Jan 7 by factual_blue

Why would you want to?

I don't...I want to get to Oxford on Tuesday with my employer covering the vast majority of the cost!

Reading is on the new TFL Tube Map....madness I say! on 10:20 - Jan 7 with 776 viewsfactual_blue

Reading is on the new TFL Tube Map....madness I say! on 10:16 - Jan 7 by SWGF

I don't...I want to get to Oxford on Tuesday with my employer covering the vast majority of the cost!

Ahhh...you want to commit an expenses fraud....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Reading is on the new TFL Tube Map....madness I say! on 11:32 - Jan 7 with 739 viewsSWGF

Reading is on the new TFL Tube Map....madness I say! on 10:20 - Jan 7 by factual_blue

Ahhh...you want to commit an expenses fraud....

No, m'lud. My employer will be paying for a Zone 1-6 travelcard in any case, regardless if I use it to get part-way to Oxford or not. I just need to know how far west that will take me...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024