Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BILLY SHARP 12:28 - Jan 7 with 1872 viewssnipes

allowed to leave this month, get him in and goals may well appear , knows where the net is and his wife still works at the hospital !!
BILLY SHARP on 12:29 - Jan 7 with 1866 viewsKieran_Knows

He's already said he won't be leaving.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

BILLY SHARP on 12:35 - Jan 7 with 1800 viewsCoco

Level of target we should aiming for

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

BILLY SHARP on 12:35 - Jan 7 with 1791 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He turned down Forest and another club. He wouldn't come here.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

BILLY SHARP on 12:39 - Jan 7 with 1752 viewsdavblue

Whilst our strikers aren't great and we need a target man we need to look further back it's chance creation that's our issue.
BILLY SHARP on 12:45 - Jan 7 with 1710 viewsArnieM

Too old ..... next !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

BILLY SHARP on 12:46 - Jan 7 with 1694 viewsCoco

BILLY SHARP on 12:45 - Jan 7 by ArnieM

Too old ..... next !

Not for a league one loan surely?

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

BILLY SHARP on 12:47 - Jan 7 with 1684 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

BILLY SHARP on 12:45 - Jan 7 by ArnieM

Too old ..... next !

I hope that is a troll

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

BILLY SHARP on 12:53 - Jan 7 with 1649 viewsArnieM

BILLY SHARP on 12:47 - Jan 7 by TRUE_BLUE123

I hope that is a troll

No, I think he’s too old and certainly far too expensive for us in League One. And as someone else had already said, he don’t be uprooting from Yorkshire.

I don’t like it anymore than others on here; but we have to lower our expectations I’m afraid.

Login to get fewer ads

BILLY SHARP on 13:12 - Jan 7 with 1524 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

BILLY SHARP on 12:35 - Jan 7 by Coco

Level of target we should aiming for

It really isnt.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

BILLY SHARP on 13:13 - Jan 7 with 1517 viewsKeaneish

Don't need him. Sears and Keane are back and Bishop not too far behind them. Huws should now be fine. Four great assets to have close to full fitness going into the second half of the season.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

BILLY SHARP on 13:25 - Jan 7 with 1439 viewshaynes_toe1

I genuinely don't know whats worse.

The concept that some of our fans actually think Sharp would entertain the idea of coming on loan to a club in the third tier right now.

Or the concept that some of our fans wouldn't take him if we was willing to!

Insanity.
BILLY SHARP on 13:32 - Jan 7 with 1379 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

BILLY SHARP on 12:53 - Jan 7 by ArnieM

No, I think he’s too old and certainly far too expensive for us in League One. And as someone else had already said, he don’t be uprooting from Yorkshire.

I don’t like it anymore than others on here; but we have to lower our expectations I’m afraid.

Oh 100% Agree its not happening.

Too old for a loan though. He would bang goals in this league, as he has his whole career. Akinfenwa is a similar age and look at him, he terrorises teams in this league.

BILLY SHARP on 13:43 - Jan 7 with 1317 viewsTown_Boy

People really think he would come here 🤦‍♂️ We can’t even afford 10k wages let alone 20k!

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

BILLY SHARP on 13:59 - Jan 7 with 1237 viewsArnieM

BILLY SHARP on 13:32 - Jan 7 by TRUE_BLUE123

Oh 100% Agree its not happening.

Too old for a loan though. He would bang goals in this league, as he has his whole career. Akinfenwa is a similar age and look at him, he terrorises teams in this league.

I just think players in their 30’s are far more susceptible to injuries than those in Their 20’s . When they go get injured, they generally take longer to recover. They are obviously more experienced and therefore will cost more to employ, and to “ maintain “ . All in all an expense we’re simply not in a position to undertake at this point in time .

Town made a statement at the start of this season that they were either “developing their own players ( we can see far more academy players coming through now), and that “recruitment would target younger players, to be developed further in house “. So if this is still the plan ( I’m sure it is), then I can’t see us bringing in players in their 30’s . We’ve done that in the past , and it hasn’t worked out too well.

The problem we have at the moment is the time span for our youngsters to get up to speed for senior appearances . The likes of Dobra , Rl Mizouni, Ndaba, ( snd others now rolling off the academy production line ), are not quite there yet for regular first team slots: I think they are probably a year away from that .... so the conundrum for the Club is do we keep them here and drip feed into team for minutes ( whilst still trying to push for promotion) , or ship them out on loan. But we’ve had injuries to older players ,( Sears, Bishop, Huws) who hopefully will now be back snd crucially must stay fit and contribute . If they break down snd we’ve shipped our youngsters out , who do we have to bring in that’s going to make s real difference. The squad is fully of below average players that Lambert should have off loaded in the summer. But I get the impression he’d almost used the first half of the season to really assess them ( daft it seems but why else had he hung onto so many of them?) .

Whilst the Club are serious about promotion this season ( despite this ludicrous rotation system used to date), I can almost see that they ( The Club), would almost be prepared first another season in League One, whereby these young players would come through next season en bloc, and interspersed with 2-3 senior pros ( late 20’s early 30’s) would not seem out if the way .
Remember the remit for Lambert is to “ rebuild the Club”. THIS is the bigger picture , and is to make us sustainable going forwards. To achieve this ( ie slow youngster the TIME to develop, often necessitates is being relegated to League One. Tbh I’m surprised we lasted as long as we did in The Championship after we went into administration- maybe in hindsight this actually hasn’t helped us get out house in order?

Sorry about long post ..... developed a bit from loaning in over 30’d players eh!!

BILLY SHARP on 14:03 - Jan 7 with 1211 viewsNazemariner

Silly season is here again!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024