Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO - Parents of young kids 13:24 - Jan 7 with 622 viewsgiant_stow

This sad IKEA story: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51017438 can happen with any chest of draws. We had a very similar incident which thank God didn't end the same way - said draws are now drilled into the wall to keep them upright.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

FAO - Parents of young kids on 13:41 - Jan 7 with 582 viewsuefacup81

I thought pretty much all IKEA furniture these days was sold with the requisite parts for fixing it to the wall in order to prevent this sort of thing?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

FAO - Parents of young kids on 13:42 - Jan 7 with 574 viewsDanTheMan

FAO - Parents of young kids on 13:41 - Jan 7 by uefacup81

I thought pretty much all IKEA furniture these days was sold with the requisite parts for fixing it to the wall in order to prevent this sort of thing?

I can't remember the last one I got that didn't have the bits but I'm guessing they had done that and it still failed.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

FAO - Parents of young kids on 17:18 - Jan 7 with 485 viewsbadadski

FAO - Parents of young kids on 13:42 - Jan 7 by DanTheMan

I can't remember the last one I got that didn't have the bits but I'm guessing they had done that and it still failed.

From reading the story and news it wasn't fixed to the wall, it was a horrible story.
The wall fixings were a new addition a few years back after the first death as i remember buying one without the fixings.

Different rules for different countries it seems also due to different health and safety and quality testing laws.

Its heart breaking, their was another similar incident showing 2 little twin toddlers and one helping to shift it off his little brother who it collapsed on.

One thing that gets me is how a 2 year old is left alone even for a matter of seconds for things like this to happen.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024