Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We don't need new talent this month 13:59 - Jan 7 with 928 viewsChurchman75

All PR Paul needs to realise is that when we were playing 4-4-2 with wingers who were "getting at" the opposition fullbacks that was working.

Fans were moaning around Donacian and Kenlock but guess what, we were winning games and keeping clean sheets plus everybody was saying Skuse is a class above because he was.

Stick with this and we will go up!

Holy
Donacian then KVY Chambers Woollfff Kenlock

Skuse
Bishop Downes Garbutt

Norwood/Keane Jackson/Sears

Norris
Wilson
Dobra
Dozzell
El Mizouni
Nsiala
Morris
Nolan

Poll: Attendance today as its community day and ticket offer..... SAR Upper is full..

We don't need new talent this month on 14:02 - Jan 7 with 909 viewsitfcjoe

Think there are a number of ways you can play that will work - they key is just sticking to one.

Personally I'd say 433, but that or 4231, or 442, or 3412 all work to an extent with our squad - but flipping between them very game doesn't.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

We don't need new talent this month on 14:04 - Jan 7 with 899 viewskizaitfc

Think this a very simplified view of things.

The issue is the depth of the squad, with a couple of injuries we look lightweight particularly down the right hand side.

I've said it throughout the season as it was evident in the cup games and when PL rotated the side, the back up and fringe players arent good enough

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

We don't need new talent this month on 14:06 - Jan 7 with 883 viewsNazemariner

I make you right with regard to the formation, but we desperately need a winger with confidence in order to fill those wide berths.
We don't need new talent this month on 14:11 - Jan 7 with 856 viewsitfcjoe

We don't need new talent this month on 14:04 - Jan 7 by kizaitfc

Think this a very simplified view of things.

The issue is the depth of the squad, with a couple of injuries we look lightweight particularly down the right hand side.

I've said it throughout the season as it was evident in the cup games and when PL rotated the side, the back up and fringe players arent good enough

What about 4231 - a decent enough 1st and 2nd team in that set up

GK - Holy / Norris
RB - KVY / Donacien
CB - Woolfenden / Wilson
CB - Chambers / Nsiala
LB - Garbutt / Kenlock
CM - Downes / Skuse
CM - Nolan / Dozzell
AM - Judge / Bishop
RW - Jackson / Edwards
LW - Sears / Rowe
ST - Keane / Norwood

If you think a manager wants 2 players per position it seems obvious that the squad has been built for that sort of system.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

We don't need new talent this month on 14:13 - Jan 7 with 845 viewsartsbossbeard

Not sure why this has gotten downvoted.

Stick to a pattern/system with a core of the same players that are already on the books and we'll be fine. No need for major investment this month.

PL just needs to be a football manager.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

We don't need new talent this month on 14:13 - Jan 7 with 843 viewsKeaneish

We don't need new talent this month on 14:06 - Jan 7 by Nazemariner

I make you right with regard to the formation, but we desperately need a winger with confidence in order to fill those wide berths.

Too much quality through the middle to only play 2 in there for me. It's an embarrassment of riches which we still haven't found the right combination for although i think the Wycombe game is it bar maybe Bishop for Judge.

We'll see though but i'd rather we stick to the 352 / 3412.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

We don't need new talent this month on 14:21 - Jan 7 with 820 viewsPhilTWTD

We don't need new talent this month on 14:11 - Jan 7 by itfcjoe

What about 4231 - a decent enough 1st and 2nd team in that set up

GK - Holy / Norris
RB - KVY / Donacien
CB - Woolfenden / Wilson
CB - Chambers / Nsiala
LB - Garbutt / Kenlock
CM - Downes / Skuse
CM - Nolan / Dozzell
AM - Judge / Bishop
RW - Jackson / Edwards
LW - Sears / Rowe
ST - Keane / Norwood

If you think a manager wants 2 players per position it seems obvious that the squad has been built for that sort of system.

That was the formation that was PL's favoured system when he came in but that developed into other systems last season and we've used variations on 4-3-3 on a few occasions this season.

If I remember rightly, we started 4-4-2 this season, which I thought worked in some ways and not others - although we were winning games we weren't playing very well in terms of possession and control of the game - and I think latterly our worst performances have been when we've started 4-4-2, unusually a very narrow 4-4-2 to try to compete with three men in the opposition midfield.

The 3-5-2 brought in after three or four games I assume was a result of the 4-4-2 not working well but still giving us goals, wanting to keep two strikers but putting three in midfield.

Last week's 3-4-3 - or perhaps 3-4-2-1 - was mainly down to wanting to give Sears and Bishop games but wonder whether that might be used again.
We don't need new talent this month on 14:35 - Jan 7 with 772 viewsRobTheMonk

The problem with 3 at the back for me (with the players we have) is that we have a solid 2 of Wolfie and Chambers (albeit not in great form Chambers) and then we have Wilson or Nsiala. Neither comfortable on their left. I'd rather have Wilson has he's a bit more no nonsense where with Nsiala we get lots of nonsense.

They both get targeted if they play. If we continue playing 3 at the back then a left footed CB is needed in my opinion or a comfortable ball player at the least.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024