Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another good signing for Oxford 15:27 - Jan 8 with 993 viewsSomethingBlue

Liam Kelly (ex-Reading) from Feyenoord to go with the lad Holland from West Ham. They are going for it and we're going to have to sharpen up massively to keep pace.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Another good signing for Oxford on 15:29 - Jan 8 with 977 viewsKieran_Knows

I think it's fairly obvious that we're going to crack on with what we have and not strengthen accordingly.

See also January 2015.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Another good signing for Oxford on 15:31 - Jan 8 with 961 viewsSomethingBlue

Another good signing for Oxford on 15:29 - Jan 8 by Kieran_Knows

I think it's fairly obvious that we're going to crack on with what we have and not strengthen accordingly.

See also January 2015.

In fairness we should have the personnel to be comfortably as good as — say — Oxford in pretty much every area. Would be nice to see Smith come in for Nsiala and to get a good winger in though. A big striker if I'm being extra ambitious but not gonna happen.

Another good signing for Oxford on 15:32 - Jan 8 with 946 viewsKieran_Knows

Another good signing for Oxford on 15:31 - Jan 8 by SomethingBlue

In fairness we should have the personnel to be comfortably as good as — say — Oxford in pretty much every area. Would be nice to see Smith come in for Nsiala and to get a good winger in though. A big striker if I'm being extra ambitious but not gonna happen.

I totally agree, but it's clear we need a little help and with the right 1 or 2 players, that could help us no end.

Another good signing for Oxford on 15:38 - Jan 8 with 911 viewshomer_123

Another good signing for Oxford on 15:32 - Jan 8 by Kieran_Knows

I totally agree, but it's clear we need a little help and with the right 1 or 2 players, that could help us no end.

Our problems lie less with the quality of the players and more with how they are being used/ not used.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Another good signing for Oxford on 15:39 - Jan 8 with 902 viewsKieran_Knows

Another good signing for Oxford on 15:38 - Jan 8 by homer_123

Our problems lie less with the quality of the players and more with how they are being used/ not used.

That's also true.

Another good signing for Oxford on 15:40 - Jan 8 with 899 viewsitfcjoe

Wouldn’t surprise me if it is Oxford plus 1 now, and one point it looked like it would be us plus 1

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Another good signing for Oxford on 15:40 - Jan 8 with 885 viewsIllinoisblue

Another good signing for Oxford on 15:29 - Jan 8 by Kieran_Knows

See also January 2015.

Lambert doesn’t know how his best team from a squad of 30. Why would adding more players to the squad be a good thing?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Another good signing for Oxford on 15:43 - Jan 8 with 871 viewsSomethingBlue

Another good signing for Oxford on 15:40 - Jan 8 by itfcjoe

Wouldn’t surprise me if it is Oxford plus 1 now, and one point it looked like it would be us plus 1

Seems that way. Next Tuesday's game is massive.

Login to get fewer ads

Another good signing for Oxford on 15:44 - Jan 8 with 863 viewsKieran_Knows

Another good signing for Oxford on 15:40 - Jan 8 by Illinoisblue

Lambert doesn’t know how his best team from a squad of 30. Why would adding more players to the squad be a good thing?

If he added players which are better than what we have, how is that a bad thing? There are several players (IMO of course), that we wouldn't miss if they were sold/loaned/released.

EDIT - and yet, even if I took out the several players that I don't think we need, the squad still should be good enough. But look at the position that Oxford are in, yet still strengthening.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2020 15:45]

Another good signing for Oxford on 15:51 - Jan 8 with 829 viewsIllinoisblue

Another good signing for Oxford on 15:44 - Jan 8 by Kieran_Knows

If he added players which are better than what we have, how is that a bad thing? There are several players (IMO of course), that we wouldn't miss if they were sold/loaned/released.

EDIT - and yet, even if I took out the several players that I don't think we need, the squad still should be good enough. But look at the position that Oxford are in, yet still strengthening.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2020 15:45]

Because he’ll rotate them unnecessarily and kill any momentum. Hopefully now the cups are out of the way he’ll be a little more focused

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Another good signing for Oxford on 15:51 - Jan 8 with 828 viewsKieran_Knows

Another good signing for Oxford on 15:51 - Jan 8 by Illinoisblue

Because he’ll rotate them unnecessarily and kill any momentum. Hopefully now the cups are out of the way he’ll be a little more focused

You'd like to think so!

Another good signing for Oxford on 16:02 - Jan 8 with 794 viewsMrTown

I hadn't seen that, but that is a great signing.

He was a fantastic player, by god he was small though.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Another good signing for Oxford on 16:04 - Jan 8 with 782 viewsdavblue

Another good signing for Oxford on 15:38 - Jan 8 by homer_123

there's some gaps.

You could argue a left back, move Garbutt up or a winger, i think a winger who can take on a man is a must have as we are samey in midfield apart from Bishop. We need a physical presence who can hold the ball up desperately imo, the ball doesn't stick up front to allow us to build and pressure get any bodies forward.

And obv is Toto goes, we need another centre half.
Another good signing for Oxford on 17:32 - Jan 8 with 669 viewsChrisd

Another good signing for Oxford on 16:04 - Jan 8 by davblue

there's some gaps.

You could argue a left back, move Garbutt up or a winger, i think a winger who can take on a man is a must have as we are samey in midfield apart from Bishop. We need a physical presence who can hold the ball up desperately imo, the ball doesn't stick up front to allow us to build and pressure get any bodies forward.

And obv is Toto goes, we need another centre half.

Agree Garbutt needs to be higher up the pitch so he can deliver some crosses into the opponent's box. Out of all our outfielders he's the most likely to to take a strike outside the box and has the quality to chip in with a few goals and assists.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024