Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jamie Sterry 20:52 - Jan 8 with 1030 viewsstrikalite

Sounds exactly the sort of player we should be looking at, quick, good on the ball, and can whip a cross in too according to a Geordie lad at work who i consider knows his stuff..
We could do with a similar left back too whilst we're at it..
Jamie Sterry on 08:15 - Jan 9 with 742 viewsitfcjoe

24 and played less than 30 league games in his career, 2 spells at Crewe over last 2 seasons where he mustered just 10 league games in League 2 (1 last season). haven't looked into the why he played so little but these older players with no experience are always a massive concern to me.

He's older than KVY

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jamie Sterry on 08:20 - Jan 9 with 710 viewsStokieBlue

Jamie Sterry on 08:15 - Jan 9 by itfcjoe

24 and played less than 30 league games in his career, 2 spells at Crewe over last 2 seasons where he mustered just 10 league games in League 2 (1 last season). haven't looked into the why he played so little but these older players with no experience are always a massive concern to me.

He's older than KVY

Fair point but Garbutt had only just played 100 games, nearly all at lower level, before he joined us and he's 26.

All kinds of players waiting to shine in these premier reserve teams.

I've not seen him though so he might not be one of them.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Jamie Sterry on 08:58 - Jan 9 with 645 viewsitfcjoe

Jamie Sterry on 08:20 - Jan 9 by StokieBlue

Fair point but Garbutt had only just played 100 games, nearly all at lower level, before he joined us and he's 26.

All kinds of players waiting to shine in these premier reserve teams.

I've not seen him though so he might not be one of them.

SB

Only think I would say different is that Garbutt had played about 50 international games too, plus bits at a higher level.

Don't disagree re plenty of players waiting to shine, but not many are 24, and Newcastle have had a terrible youth system over the years considering where they are geographically and the catchment area there.

We'll see how it plays out, but not one I'd be particulalry excited for if he does sign

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024