Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. 23:48 - Jan 8 with 4186 viewsCoco

Best car in the car park.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/every-everton-players-2019-20-21242
[Post edited 8 Jan 2020 23:48]

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 23:54 - Jan 8 with 3352 viewsStudentBlue

28k a week!

Poll: How will you be voting tomorrow?

So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 00:10 - Jan 9 with 3299 viewsjeera

So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 23:54 - Jan 8 by StudentBlue

28k a week!

Insane.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 00:11 - Jan 9 with 3294 viewsIllinoisblue

So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 00:10 - Jan 9 by jeera

Insane.

Wonder how much of that we’re paying...

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 00:14 - Jan 9 with 3289 viewsStokieBlue

Absolute madness that he is on more than 3 first team regulars.

Great work from his agent.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 00:25 - Jan 9 with 3255 viewsBLUEBEAT

No way he’d consider a fixed move here, then.

Poll: W or W

So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 00:42 - Jan 9 with 3237 viewsParisBlue

So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 00:25 - Jan 9 by BLUEBEAT

He'll be on £0 per week come June. I hope he has been saving...

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 01:05 - Jan 9 with 3194 viewsBLUEBEAT

So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 00:42 - Jan 9 by ParisBlue

He'll be on £0 per week come June. I hope he has been saving...

I think championship clubs pay more than that!

So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 07:01 - Jan 9 with 2901 viewsTerry_Nutkins

So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 00:25 - Jan 9 by BLUEBEAT

Why? This is why he has been at Everton years and goes out on loan every year. A bit like Keane signing for us. He knows He won't get that next year. It will depend what he can in the market of course but it will be much less.

Suspect much will depend on us getting promoted and being able to pay 7-10k a week.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Login to get fewer ads

So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 07:04 - Jan 9 with 2873 viewsBlueNomad

More than many on here earn in a year
So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 07:23 - Jan 9 with 2806 viewsChrisd

Once more another reflection why modern football is in such a state. I certainly don't begrudge Garbutt, but what has he done in his career to actually warrant such a salary? This reflects the modern game and young footballers where they earn copious amounts (getting rewarded with too much, too soon) without doing a lot in their career as they'll just happily sit on the money. They haven't got the hunger to want to carve out a career and make their mark as they have all this money rolling in, so why jeopardise it? I certainly don't blame him, as I'd probably do exactly the same if in his position, but I feel strongly that young players lose their incentive and drive once they have signed lucrative contracts like this at an early age.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2020 7:38]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 07:24 - Jan 9 with 2797 viewsBLUEBEAT

So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 07:01 - Jan 9 by Terry_Nutkins

Why? This is why he has been at Everton years and goes out on loan every year. A bit like Keane signing for us. He knows He won't get that next year. It will depend what he can in the market of course but it will be much less.

Suspect much will depend on us getting promoted and being able to pay 7-10k a week.

Why?

Because there are plenty of clubs bigger than us who would be happy to sign him up on a higher salary than we could pay.

That’s why.

So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 08:44 - Jan 9 with 2454 viewsitfcjoe

So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 07:23 - Jan 9 by Chrisd

Once more another reflection why modern football is in such a state. I certainly don't begrudge Garbutt, but what has he done in his career to actually warrant such a salary? This reflects the modern game and young footballers where they earn copious amounts (getting rewarded with too much, too soon) without doing a lot in their career as they'll just happily sit on the money. They haven't got the hunger to want to carve out a career and make their mark as they have all this money rolling in, so why jeopardise it? I certainly don't blame him, as I'd probably do exactly the same if in his position, but I feel strongly that young players lose their incentive and drive once they have signed lucrative contracts like this at an early age.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2020 7:38]

I don't think it's fair to say no hunger, he's spent every season out on loan playing games - it was just a bad contract from Everton who thought he was next big thing but he hasn't developed as they wanted, plus their club has been a bit of a mess over that period.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 08:46 - Jan 9 with 2441 viewsallezlesbleus

I take it Dominic Calvert-Lewin will be getting a massive pay increase in the next few days, after reading this!
So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 11:25 - Jan 9 with 2189 viewsChrisd

So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 08:44 - Jan 9 by itfcjoe

I don't think it's fair to say no hunger, he's spent every season out on loan playing games - it was just a bad contract from Everton who thought he was next big thing but he hasn't developed as they wanted, plus their club has been a bit of a mess over that period.

I certainly get your point, but when you are young, playing in the school playground you don’t go into football with dreams of making vast amounts of money, well that maybe just me. It’s surely about building a reputation and being the best you can possibly be? I like Garbutt, I think he has quality about him and can play higher than us currently, but what will he say about his career when he retires? ‘I played for a few L1 sides on loan, but signed a huge contract!’ Be the best you can be, has he honestly done that? I know it’s the market, but young players don’t have to do much or even play first team football to earn huge sums these days and that’s just wrong in my view.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2020 15:06]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 11:31 - Jan 9 with 2136 viewsBramidan

So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 11:25 - Jan 9 by Chrisd

I certainly get your point, but when you are young, playing in the school playground you don’t go into football with dreams of making vast amounts of money, well that maybe just me. It’s surely about building a reputation and being the best you can possibly be? I like Garbutt, I think he has quality about him and can play higher than us currently, but what will he say about his career when he retires? ‘I played for a few L1 sides on loan, but signed a huge contract!’ Be the best you can be, has he honestly done that? I know it’s the market, but young players don’t have to do much or even play first team football to earn huge sums these days and that’s just wrong in my view.

When he retires as long as he has invested wisely I think he will be able to sit back and think that wasn't bad.
I am retired do I look back and think what a career? No yesterday's news, more interested in my accrued pension.
I return to a previous post, how does a business justify these outgoings?
[Post edited 9 Jan 2020 11:34]
So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 11:42 - Jan 9 with 2082 viewsartsbossbeard

From my toffees mate:

I think that's probably true. He was linked with Liverpool in his brief spell in the limelight so can well see us "tying him down" and over-doing it. The fact he's still here and no-one can afford to take him on permanently checks out too

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 11:43 - Jan 9 with 2073 viewsKieran_Knows

He'd be mad to accept a permanent offer from us this January, if it got to that stage.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 11:49 - Jan 9 with 2035 viewsPhilTWTD

So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 11:43 - Jan 9 by Kieran_Knows

He'd be mad to accept a permanent offer from us this January, if it got to that stage.

Agree, if I was in his position I'd bide my time and see what offers are out there in the summer. Reading between the lines of what he has said previously I think that's what he is planning to do.
So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 11:51 - Jan 9 with 2022 viewsKieran_Knows

So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 11:49 - Jan 9 by PhilTWTD

Agree, if I was in his position I'd bide my time and see what offers are out there in the summer. Reading between the lines of what he has said previously I think that's what he is planning to do.

I just think this has all the hall marks of Derby coming in for him this summer and giving him the same money he is on at Everton now!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 12:01 - Jan 9 with 1956 viewsitfcjoe

So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 11:25 - Jan 9 by Chrisd

The money tends to follow if you do well - which it did for him

He's played for his boyhood club, played in Europe, played for his country at Youth Level dozens of times - he hasn't sat back and done nothing with loans, he's gone on them to try and get on his career whether that is back at Everton or elsewhere.

He was recalled in 16/17 and then spent 17/18 at Everton but obviously wasn't good enough to push on into the team which presumably was the goal then.

There are plenty of better examples in my mind of just signing a big deal and doing nothing, he still seems to love the game and be desperate to do well and better himself

So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 12:02 - Jan 9 with 1951 viewsitfcjoe

So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 11:42 - Jan 9 by artsbossbeard

From my toffees mate:

I think that's probably true. He was linked with Liverpool in his brief spell in the limelight so can well see us "tying him down" and over-doing it. The fact he's still here and no-one can afford to take him on permanently checks out too

He was the next Leighton Baines at that point so got the big deal, but think he always lacked that little bit of pace off the mark needed in the PL and top end of the Championship

So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 12:08 - Jan 9 with 1906 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 12:12 - Jan 9 with 1864 viewsPrideOfTheEast

So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 12:02 - Jan 9 by itfcjoe

He was the next Leighton Baines at that point so got the big deal, but think he always lacked that little bit of pace off the mark needed in the PL and top end of the Championship

I don't know when Baines last signed a contract but his £65k a week doesn't look great in the context of some of the others does it. Although I suppose he was at his peak before the most recent new money at Everton.

Would really like to have Garbutt here long-term but he has to weigh up what's best for him next doesn't he - I'm not convinced he's a regular somewhere like Derby so I expect we've got a chance if we're relegated and can offer him something towards the top end of our Championship wage structure.
So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 12:16 - Jan 9 with 1817 viewsitfcjoe

So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 12:12 - Jan 9 by PrideOfTheEast

I don't know when Baines last signed a contract but his £65k a week doesn't look great in the context of some of the others does it. Although I suppose he was at his peak before the most recent new money at Everton.

Would really like to have Garbutt here long-term but he has to weigh up what's best for him next doesn't he - I'm not convinced he's a regular somewhere like Derby so I expect we've got a chance if we're relegated and can offer him something towards the top end of our Championship wage structure.

He must be coming to the end of that deal now, but surprised he wasn't able to get a big rise negotiated at some point - too late now obviously but Everton are more of a basket case than given credit for - decent article in the Athletic earlier this week about how they get wowed signing players from big clubs.

Garbutt just will wait until summer and weigh everything up, needs to get into the Championship in reality and his season here doing him no harm in that regard. Issue with him is that e's not very sharp defensively, so needs to be playing for a top club to excel, but probably doesn't have ability to do that in the Championship.

So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 12:26 - Jan 9 with 1756 viewsSuperblue95

So Garbs on a cool 1.5m a year. on 12:12 - Jan 9 by PrideOfTheEast

I highly doubt he will sign for us if we get relegated again!

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024