Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So that's Erasmus gone then 09:20 - Jan 9 with 3565 viewsSwansea_Blue

British youngsters (and some older folks too) were among the largest beneficiaries in the EU of this scheme - we used to send about 40,000 people a year overseas to study, train, volunteer or gain professional development experience.

And we were one of the largest providers of training in the EU under the programme, benefiting countless organisations in this country.

Contemptuous w@nkers.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So that's Erasmus gone then on 09:22 - Jan 9 with 2018 viewsBlueBadger

It's all part of our glorious, expert-free future.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So that's Erasmus gone then on 09:24 - Jan 9 with 2008 viewsWD19

I am being lazy, but do we know if the government position is against continuing with this, or just against being ‘required’ by law to ensure the his continues?

Presumably in any future negotiations the fewer hands we have tied behind backs is the aim!! Or is it simply that the Brexit gang don’t like this?
So that's Erasmus gone then on 09:24 - Jan 9 with 2000 viewsGlasgowBlue

That’s poor. Even with us leaving the EU there was no reason why the government couldn’t have negotiated a similar cultural and educational exchange programme with the EU.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So that's Erasmus gone then on 09:25 - Jan 9 with 2000 viewsBlueBadger

So that's Erasmus gone then on 09:24 - Jan 9 by GlasgowBlue

That’s poor. Even with us leaving the EU there was no reason why the government couldn’t have negotiated a similar cultural and educational exchange programme with the EU.

Sure there is - they're incompetent philistines with no respect for the value of education, training or foreigners.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

So that's Erasmus gone then on 09:26 - Jan 9 with 1985 viewsBlueBadger

So that's Erasmus gone then on 09:24 - Jan 9 by WD19

I am being lazy, but do we know if the government position is against continuing with this, or just against being ‘required’ by law to ensure the his continues?

Presumably in any future negotiations the fewer hands we have tied behind backs is the aim!! Or is it simply that the Brexit gang don’t like this?

It involves, experts, people getting educated(becuase educated people tend to see through them) and foreigners - that's three BIG triggers for them.

So that's Erasmus gone then on 09:29 - Jan 9 with 1972 viewsWD19

So that's Erasmus gone then on 09:26 - Jan 9 by BlueBadger

It involves, experts, people getting educated(becuase educated people tend to see through them) and foreigners - that's three BIG triggers for them.

So it’s definitely gone then!? No extension of Erasmus in any form?
So that's Erasmus gone then on 09:33 - Jan 9 with 1948 viewsartsbossbeard

Insular thinking from an insular country.

Will someone think of the children?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

So that's Erasmus gone then on 09:36 - Jan 9 with 1935 viewsitfcjoe

Guess it is all to be expected now, but still sad to see all the good things the EU offers just being binned off

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

So that's Erasmus gone then on 09:37 - Jan 9 with 1926 viewsSteve_M

Ideological vandalism.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So that's Erasmus gone then on 09:37 - Jan 9 with 1925 viewsBlueBadger

So that's Erasmus gone then on 09:36 - Jan 9 by itfcjoe

Guess it is all to be expected now, but still sad to see all the good things the EU offers just being binned off

You'll forget about all that when you've got your blue passport and all the foreigners have gone.

So that's Erasmus gone then on 09:37 - Jan 9 with 1927 viewsSwansea_Blue

So that's Erasmus gone then on 09:24 - Jan 9 by WD19

Watch this space I guess to see if anything else is suggested as an alternative. There aren't currently any signs from the coalface though.

It's quite hard not reach the conclusion that Badger has got it right.

The other half of this will be what the Govt decides to do (or not) about access to the new Horizon Europe research programme that will be succeeding Horizon 2020. If they pull out of that too it will be a double whammy that will hammer our Universities (and thus innovation, global competitiveness,etc) at a time when they are already being pressured due to a drop of in EU student numbers (thanks to the triple whammy of turning students into commodities).

So that's Erasmus gone then on 09:40 - Jan 9 with 1900 viewsSouperJim

2020 is going to be the year of BCWYWF

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

So that's Erasmus gone then on 09:43 - Jan 9 with 1878 viewsBlueBadger

So that's Erasmus gone then on 09:40 - Jan 9 by SouperJim

I'm impressed that no-one's come on to tell us to 'shut up, you lost' whilst not actually telling us what they've WON yet.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2020 9:46]

So that's Erasmus gone then on 09:54 - Jan 9 with 1825 viewsfactual_blue

So that's Erasmus gone then on 09:33 - Jan 9 by artsbossbeard

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So that's Erasmus gone then on 09:54 - Jan 9 with 1822 viewsgiant_stow

So that's Erasmus gone then on 09:33 - Jan 9 by artsbossbeard

Too late to think of their kids - they were busy whining about foreigners.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

So that's Erasmus gone then on 09:57 - Jan 9 with 1808 viewsm14_blue

Why would we not want to stay part of this?

Serious question.
So that's Erasmus gone then on 10:08 - Jan 9 with 1763 viewsfactual_blue

So that's Erasmus gone then on 09:57 - Jan 9 by m14_blue

Serious question.

Because the driving force behind the 'eurosceptics', the erg, farage etc is unremitting xenophobia/racism.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So that's Erasmus gone then on 10:16 - Jan 9 with 1737 viewsSwansea_Blue

Serious question.

To appease Brexiteers I suspect. As Steve said, it simply comes across as ideological vandalism.

In theory we could replace this with something just for Brits. How that would work, who knows. It wouldn't have the underpinning freedoms behind it that facilitate easy travel and rights to work. It would require negotiations with 27 other states to put separate individual country arrangements in place, which they may not be keen on seeing that they already have a functioning programme with Erasmus.

We can't duplicate or improve on Erasmus as a lone country. Maybe we'll just end up doing something more locally in the UK or give out grants but leave all the organisation up to the individual? They could sell this as providing global opportunities, not just tied to the EU. Or maybe we won't be offering these types of opportunities in the future. I've no idea.

So that's Erasmus gone then on 10:20 - Jan 9 with 1720 viewsPinewoodblue

So that's Erasmus gone then on 09:37 - Jan 9 by Swansea_Blue

Watch this space I guess to see if anything else is suggested as an alternative. There aren't currently any signs from the coalface though.

It's quite hard not reach the conclusion that Badger has got it right.

The other half of this will be what the Govt decides to do (or not) about access to the new Horizon Europe research programme that will be succeeding Horizon 2020. If they pull out of that too it will be a double whammy that will hammer our Universities (and thus innovation, global competitiveness,etc) at a time when they are already being pressured due to a drop of in EU student numbers (thanks to the triple whammy of turning students into commodities).

It might lead to a shake up that many seem to feel is needed. There are Universities in serious financial difficulty having overstretched themselves.

For example many courses could be reduced from three to two years.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

So that's Erasmus gone then on 10:37 - Jan 9 with 1676 viewsFixed_It

I like this 'taking back control' malarkey...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

So that's Erasmus gone then on 12:53 - Jan 9 with 1537 viewseireblue

So that's Erasmus gone then on 09:40 - Jan 9 by SouperJim

You spelled “start of the decade” wrong
So that's Erasmus gone then on 13:11 - Jan 9 with 1504 viewsSomethingBlue

Have to hold out hope that there is a whole generation of people who will not forgive these vandals and that the picture can look very different in a decade.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

So that's Erasmus gone then on 13:14 - Jan 9 with 1482 viewsGuthrum

Serious question.

Because we'd probably have to pay something, which involves giving money to the EU, which is a Bad Thing.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So that's Erasmus gone then on 13:43 - Jan 9 with 1403 viewseireblue

My assumption is that after Jan 31st, nobody in the Tory party will user the word “Brexit”.

Brexit will be done and anything after that will just be a normal independent country negotiating relationships and deals.

So the Tories will withdraw from everything that has an element of management or control, executed by the EU, to make sure people can’t say they haven’t delivered Brexit.
So that's Erasmus gone then on 14:13 - Jan 9 with 1358 viewsPendejo

So that's Erasmus gone then on 09:25 - Jan 9 by BlueBadger

Sure there is - they're incompetent philistines with no respect for the value of education, training or foreigners.

I disagree with your comment, though I suspect our underlying sentiment will be similar.

They respect the value of education, as long as you can afford to pay for it (Eton, etc), if you can't then you are a serf and don't deserve the opportunity... Yet they keep getting elected.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024