Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Televisual stuff *spolier free* 08:25 - Jan 10 with 760 viewsartsbossbeard

Ray Donovan: Anyone else watching the new series on Sky but struggling with the sound? I'm no expert but I suspect that a new technology is in play that is supposed to bring out the background noise - car horns, jukeboxes, general chit-chat, however, it's to the detriment of the main dialogue. I had to whack on the soundbar to actually understand what was going on and then had to really up the volume.

White House Farm: It's worth watching for Stephen Graham's Welsh accent alone. It's sensationally bad. I had no idea he was supposed to be Welsh until someone called him "Taff".

24hrs in Police Custody - murder in the woods: Wholly depressing couple of hours this. Pointless murder, pointless lifestyles and proof that CCTV will get you in the end. One of the suspects having one of those "Arsenal TV" accents. In Chatteris, Cambs.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Televisual stuff *spolier free* on 09:09 - Jan 10 with 727 viewsGlasgowBlue

Do you still have the sonos 5.1 set up with sub woofer? If so you can change the dialogue settings to make it crisp and clear whilst losing none of the background noises.

Our telly has gone to PC world for repair so have the bedroom telly plugged in the lounge with the sound coming out of the tv and we struggled to hear the dialogue in the new Dracula series. Really notice the difference without sonos.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2020 9:13]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Televisual stuff *spolier free* on 09:15 - Jan 10 with 715 viewsartsbossbeard

Televisual stuff *spolier free* on 09:09 - Jan 10 by GlasgowBlue

Do you still have the sonos 5.1 set up with sub woofer? If so you can change the dialogue settings to make it crisp and clear whilst losing none of the background noises.

Our telly has gone to PC world for repair so have the bedroom telly plugged in the lounge with the sound coming out of the tv and we struggled to hear the dialogue in the new Dracula series. Really notice the difference without sonos.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2020 9:13]

Yep, still got the set up and ended up recording it and watching it this way. It's the only programme that I've had this issue with and it's been like this way all series. I think we're 7 episodes in now.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Televisual stuff *spolier free* on 09:16 - Jan 10 with 714 viewschicoazul

You're just getting old.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Televisual stuff *spolier free* on 09:19 - Jan 10 with 708 viewsartsbossbeard

Televisual stuff *spolier free* on 09:16 - Jan 10 by chicoazul

You're just getting old.

My arthritic foot joint agrees with you on this.

Televisual stuff *spolier free* on 09:21 - Jan 10 with 702 viewschicoazul

Televisual stuff *spolier free* on 09:19 - Jan 10 by artsbossbeard

My arthritic foot joint agrees with you on this.

I have it in my knee hip and little finger so I feel your pain. We all need to get on dat dere cod liver oil.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Televisual stuff *spolier free* on 09:29 - Jan 10 with 685 viewsGlasgowBlue

Televisual stuff *spolier free* on 09:15 - Jan 10 by artsbossbeard

Yep, still got the set up and ended up recording it and watching it this way. It's the only programme that I've had this issue with and it's been like this way all series. I think we're 7 episodes in now.

There were sound problems with Game of Thrones during the battle scenes last year.

I’ve been meaning to start watching Ray Donovan as I’ve seen You and others mention it on here a few times.

One of your greatest contributions to this place was to recommend sonos. It totally changed the way I listen to music and watch tv. Although I don’t think it made me very popular with the neighbours this Christmas.

The kids got us up at 7am Christmas Day and as per usual I played all the festive favourites as we made breakfast and unwrapped the presents. Impressed the option to “play everywhere” forgetting that I have sonos also set up in the garden.

It wasn’t until the Mrs took the bin liners of used wrapping paper out to the bins that we realised the dulcet tones of Noddy Holder, Roy Wood and Shakin Stevens had been pounding out around our street for a couple of hours.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2020 9:30]

Iron Lion Zion

Televisual stuff *spolier free* on 09:30 - Jan 10 with 680 viewsitfcjoe

I've given up on Ray Donovan

Have the other 2 taped but just finishing Series 3 of the Crown with Mrs itfcjoe - well worth watching if anyone hasn't

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Televisual stuff *spolier free* on 09:50 - Jan 10 with 636 viewsKTBlue

Funnily enough we are probably going to start Ray Donovan this weekend. Heard goodstuff about it. How many series are there, about7? Also, we need to go down the sonos route. Can it connect to my fairly old seperates? Also, what is the rough cost for a package?
Login to get fewer ads

Televisual stuff *spolier free* on 09:53 - Jan 10 with 628 viewsGlasgowBlue

Televisual stuff *spolier free* on 09:50 - Jan 10 by KTBlue

Funnily enough we are probably going to start Ray Donovan this weekend. Heard goodstuff about it. How many series are there, about7? Also, we need to go down the sonos route. Can it connect to my fairly old seperates? Also, what is the rough cost for a package?

You can connect to old separate speakers via a sonos amp which is about £500.

A 5.1 surround sound will set you back about £1900. Pricey but wire free and well worth the investment.

Iron Lion Zion

Televisual stuff *spolier free* on 10:01 - Jan 10 with 618 viewsartsbossbeard

Televisual stuff *spolier free* on 09:50 - Jan 10 by KTBlue

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/dvd-blu-ray-and-home-cin

Decent Sonos bundle this one for less than £500.

You can go full 5.1 with the subwoofer addition and add another Play 1 speaker or two or 3..

Music wise: No need to connect to separates, just link Amazon Music (part of Prime) or Spotify to it via the Sonos app and you're away. It's compatible with Tunein Radio too for all the DAB stations in the world access.

Ray Donovan - 7 seasons, correct.

Televisual stuff *spolier free* on 10:41 - Jan 10 with 585 viewsKTBlue

Televisual stuff *spolier free* on 10:01 - Jan 10 by artsbossbeard

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/dvd-blu-ray-and-home-cin

Decent Sonos bundle this one for less than £500.

You can go full 5.1 with the subwoofer addition and add another Play 1 speaker or two or 3..

Music wise: No need to connect to separates, just link Amazon Music (part of Prime) or Spotify to it via the Sonos app and you're away. It's compatible with Tunein Radio too for all the DAB stations in the world access.

Ray Donovan - 7 seasons, correct.

excellent, cheers both.
Televisual stuff *spolier free* on 10:47 - Jan 10 with 570 viewsGlasgowBlue

Televisual stuff *spolier free* on 10:41 - Jan 10 by KTBlue

excellent, cheers both.

The reason my estimate came out considerably more than the link ABB provided is Inpriced in the sub woofer and an extra rear speaker. Plus I priced the play bar rather than beam which is far more powerful.

My suggestion is get to John Lewis if possible as they have an excellent demonstration set up and a sonos employee in store.

Iron Lion Zion

Televisual stuff *spolier free* on 10:59 - Jan 10 with 555 viewsKTBlue

Televisual stuff *spolier free* on 10:47 - Jan 10 by GlasgowBlue

The reason my estimate came out considerably more than the link ABB provided is Inpriced in the sub woofer and an extra rear speaker. Plus I priced the play bar rather than beam which is far more powerful.

My suggestion is get to John Lewis if possible as they have an excellent demonstration set up and a sonos employee in store.

yes was thinking of getting the bloke from our richer sounds come round. They come to your house for free and talk you through everything. I realise I'll have to throwa fair bit of money at it, but do need something all over the house, including for the tv and radios etc.
Televisual stuff *spolier free* on 11:00 - Jan 10 with 550 viewsKTBlue

Televisual stuff *spolier free* on 10:47 - Jan 10 by GlasgowBlue

and i actually had 1900 in my head when I was thinking about this the otherday, not sureI had heard it before or not.
Televisual stuff *spolier free* on 11:13 - Jan 10 with 537 viewsGlasgowBlue

Televisual stuff *spolier free* on 11:00 - Jan 10 by KTBlue

and i actually had 1900 in my head when I was thinking about this the otherday, not sureI had heard it before or not.

Playbar approx £700
Sub woofer approx £700
2 x sonos one approx £400

But you may get some new year deals. Just before Christmas I had emails from sons taking £100 off both the play bar and sub plus twenty quid off the ones.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024