Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans new year message 08:59 - Jan 10 with 840 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If he wants us to play a more technical game, that's great.

But for me, there's a lot of 'I' and not very much 'We'. Surely it shouldn't be the owners decision how we play, but the managers, else the manager already has one hand behind his back.

If you want the team to play in a technical style as an owner/chairman then surely you go and get yourself a more technically minded manager, probably from Europe, and sign more technically minded players, (probably from Europe).

To then say you want a more technical style, but we are on a bad run because the style in this division is more direct and aggressive, was the most mind boggling thing I've read, he's basically saying we don't currently have a defence against that style of play and it will take time, at least a couple of years.

Some people on this board are near orgasmic about this statement from our Fuhrer, but i only see this.

1) Evans is dictating to the manager, rather than getting a manager to suit what he wants.
2) We probably won't sign the players we actually need.
3) He's warming us all up for not going up this year.
4) All of his eggs are going into the Academy players.
5) He thinks we can become Championship challengers on the cheap.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2020 9:02]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Evans new year message on 09:00 - Jan 10 with 833 viewsSwailsey

As far as I can make out, only 1 or 2 people are happy with the statement. Not sure what you're reading?

(news comments don't count as they're mental)

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Evans new year message on 09:02 - Jan 10 with 824 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Evans new year message on 09:00 - Jan 10 by Swailsey

As far as I can make out, only 1 or 2 people are happy with the statement. Not sure what you're reading?

I'll be honest, it was a brief scan on the opening posts and the top 2 were jizz fests.
Happy to be corrected.

(Corrected)
[Post edited 10 Jan 2020 9:03]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Evans new year message on 09:03 - Jan 10 with 811 viewsMrTown

Much of a muchness for me.

Says a lot without saying much at all.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Evans new year message on 09:03 - Jan 10 with 811 viewsSwailsey

Evans new year message on 09:02 - Jan 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

I'll be honest, it was a brief scan on the opening posts and the top 2 were jizz fests.
Happy to be corrected.

(Corrected)
[Post edited 10 Jan 2020 9:03]

No probs, easily done. My message seemed more strong than it was meant to be, sorry!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Evans new year message on 09:05 - Jan 10 with 807 viewslazyblue

Even though PL had 5 year contract, he will not see that out as team manager and plans underway for the future and he will move into another role.
Evans new year message on 09:55 - Jan 10 with 751 viewsGuthrum

Evans new year message on 09:05 - Jan 10 by lazyblue

Even though PL had 5 year contract, he will not see that out as team manager and plans underway for the future and he will move into another role.

It seems to me that if Lambert had a First Team Coach (or whatever) working under him, that would solve a lot of the tactical/selection problems we currently have, leaving him to do the stuff he's good at (reorganising and improving the rest of the club).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Evans new year message on 10:02 - Jan 10 with 731 viewsitfcjoe

Evans new year message on 09:55 - Jan 10 by Guthrum

It seems to me that if Lambert had a First Team Coach (or whatever) working under him, that would solve a lot of the tactical/selection problems we currently have, leaving him to do the stuff he's good at (reorganising and improving the rest of the club).

He does - Matt Gill is the 1st team coach.

Lambert is more of an overseer now, but either doesn't surround himself with the right people, or doesn't give them enough power

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Evans new year message on 10:10 - Jan 10 with 707 viewsGuthrum

Evans new year message on 10:02 - Jan 10 by itfcjoe

He does - Matt Gill is the 1st team coach.

Lambert is more of an overseer now, but either doesn't surround himself with the right people, or doesn't give them enough power

I was thinking perhaps with more independence, or at least hearing his his philosophy, approach and what he is trying to achieve. Is Gill just running training sessions, or does he have input on tactics and selection?

Where does Taylor fit into this equation?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Evans new year message on 10:17 - Jan 10 with 687 viewsmonty_radio

Evans new year message on 09:00 - Jan 10 by Swailsey

(with) "many challenging for first-team places and therefore less games when the same group play together." - so says Evans as he defends the team's ability to gell so far.

Does he realise that the greater majority of our changes are unenforced?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Evans new year message on 10:32 - Jan 10 with 667 viewsitfcjoe

Evans new year message on 10:10 - Jan 10 by Guthrum

I was thinking perhaps with more independence, or at least hearing his his philosophy, approach and what he is trying to achieve. Is Gill just running training sessions, or does he have input on tactics and selection?

Where does Taylor fit into this equation?

Taylor is Lambert's assistant. I think Taylor and Gill do most of the donkey work for Lambert with regards to training and interacting with the players - from what I hear Lambert is quite aloof in that regard and everything goes through his assistants. I guess they all have input but Lambert has final decision.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Evans new year message on 10:37 - Jan 10 with 651 viewsNthQldITFC

Is it more about trust than about being in agreement with the sentiments of the message?

All things being equal, I think almost all of us would prefer a 'technical' team. We all know that the intention of that phrase is a possession-orientated, entertaining approach.

I like the acknowledgement in the message that it's time to turn away from the direct approach and that that will take time, and I agree with the ideas about the benefits over time of rotation to some extent. There are some good things on and off the pitch to build on, tempered by some disappointing relapses. Time will tell if we are truly moving in the right direction.

I'm happy to agree with the sentiments, but reserve judgement as to whether I trust the owner and the management team to deliver on the message. But that judgement will have to come soon, because I fundamentally believe that it's crucial to get up this season.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Evans new year message on 11:04 - Jan 10 with 611 viewsDyland

It's not surprising, he's always been a woeful public communicator. It's all just hot air, and ever more apparent he deflects and doesn't want to actively engage in the running of the club to the extent we need. There's no conspiracy, but also no accountability. We're stuck with each other. Unless Lambert makes me eat my hat we are destined to be a second/third tier yo-yo club at best, for the foreseeable.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Evans new year message on 11:07 - Jan 10 with 600 viewshaynes_toe1

No, the owner doesn't normally dictate the style of play.

If it's not the manager that does it then it should be someone in a Sporting Director role. And if they're going to make that decision they better have some experience of implementing it throughout a football club.
Evans new year message on 12:01 - Jan 10 with 548 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'd say it's the club's decision (be that owner, DoF, board, whatever the playing management team structure is). You then go out and get the manager to play the system (so your 2nd paragraph is what I'd like to see us do - it provides stability to the club even though managers come and go).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024