Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bit on McGoldrick in the Grauniad to cheer everyone up this morning 10:19 - Jan 10 with 755 viewsSteve_M

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jan/10/david-mcgoldrick-beloved-blades

A little harsh to say that we thought he was 'washed up' as apart from a handful of rather vocal people most appreciated the most skillful player at the club.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Bit on McGoldrick in the Grauniad to cheer everyone up this morning on 10:39 - Jan 10 with 674 viewsDarth_Koont

(sniff)

Agreed, the "washed up" line was a little annoying. Moving closer to home and wages were always the issues as far as I remember. But I suppose it's the logical, "face-value" take of a journalist who predominantly covers Prem football.

Apart from that, Wilder's quote stood out "we play better with David in the team". It's hard to think of a single player over the years who had such a transformative role in an Ipswich team. We were quite simply different teams depending on whether he was on the pitch.

Must admit that I've watched a fair number of Sheff Utd games this season just to see him. A goal or two would round off a great season for him and one his ability and team ethic fully deserve.

Pronouns: He/Him

Bit on McGoldrick in the Grauniad to cheer everyone up this morning on 10:42 - Jan 10 with 658 viewsITFC_Forever

Bit on McGoldrick in the Grauniad to cheer everyone up this morning on 10:39 - Jan 10 by Darth_Koont

(sniff)

Agreed, the "washed up" line was a little annoying. Moving closer to home and wages were always the issues as far as I remember. But I suppose it's the logical, "face-value" take of a journalist who predominantly covers Prem football.

Apart from that, Wilder's quote stood out "we play better with David in the team". It's hard to think of a single player over the years who had such a transformative role in an Ipswich team. We were quite simply different teams depending on whether he was on the pitch.

Must admit that I've watched a fair number of Sheff Utd games this season just to see him. A goal or two would round off a great season for him and one his ability and team ethic fully deserve.

This:

"Wilder's quote stood out "we play better with David in the team". It's hard to think of a single player over the years who had such a transformative role in an Ipswich team. We were quite simply different teams depending on whether he was on the pitch"

Absolutely this. He was a class act and when he then got injured and dropped out of the team, we were a fraction of the side vs. when he was in it.

Anyone who can't / didn't see this clearly doesn't understand football.

Our player of the decade by an absolute mile. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Bit on McGoldrick in the Grauniad to cheer everyone up this morning on 10:43 - Jan 10 with 649 viewsHerbivore

God I miss Didzy.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

sigh on 10:43 - Jan 10 with 652 viewsDyland

"Merely that McGoldrick is so exceptional that all the other nifty things he does make not hitting the net forgivable. His movement is canny, his technique exquisite, his moxie inspirational. His ball control is magnetic and he is as likely to dupe a defender with a clever pass as he is to blindside a midfielder with a precision challenge."

Try telling that to the posters who didn't rate him. Ignorant fools.

Agree it's harsh to say a player "Ipswich believed to be washed up". That is simply untrue and was not the reason he left.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Bit on McGoldrick in the Grauniad to cheer everyone up this morning on 10:44 - Jan 10 with 640 viewsDanTheMan

Should never have let him go.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Bit on McGoldrick in the Grauniad to cheer everyone up this morning on 10:47 - Jan 10 with 622 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

‘Washed up’ obviously comes with very negative connotations and you’re right that majority of Ipswich fans were in no doubt as to his quality when fit. However, I don’t think there were many Ipswich fans who believed McGoldrick was capable of staying fit for any real length of time, which I guess is what the writer is getting at there

Oh if only 😔
[Post edited 10 Jan 2020 10:48]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Bit on McGoldrick in the Grauniad to cheer everyone up this morning on 10:53 - Jan 10 with 590 viewsSwailsey

Fantastic player, each week I check to see if he's scored. Will be delighted for him when he does.

Is also now my head scout on FM and doing a bang up job.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Bit on McGoldrick in the Grauniad to cheer everyone up this morning on 11:00 - Jan 10 with 561 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Beautiful bald man with a lovely beautiful face.

What a player. He has been mega for blades this year. Works so hard and is just very good at football, I really miss him.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024