Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Of all the mad weird things Lambo has said lately 15:49 - Jan 10 with 1065 viewschicoazul

The stuff today about how systems are nonsense, it's all about players, and Man City taking 15 minutes to prepare for Man U is among the barmiest.
Man City are the most process-driven systemised and drilled team in the world. Practically nothing they do is off the cuff. They are robotic, they all know their roles, they all know where each other are, and they can all fit into 3 or 4 different roles as the match demands it.
Maybe he really thinks Pep just rocks up at training, shouts at his players to work harder, then lets de Bruyne and Bernardo Silva do what they want on matchday?
And before anyone says it, yes I know KDB and Silva are not Skuse and Judge.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Of all the mad weird things Lambo has said lately on 15:54 - Jan 10 with 1031 viewsTractorJack

Yep, baffling. He says systems don't matter then gives an example of a team which specifically changed system to counter man-marking and go 3-0 up before half time in a fixture they lost a month before.
Of all the mad weird things Lambo has said lately on 16:03 - Jan 10 with 997 viewsSteve_M

It's like the boards come full circle from when Joe Royle said basically the same thing in about 2005.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Of all the mad weird things Lambo has said lately on 16:06 - Jan 10 with 979 viewsPhilTWTD

Of all the mad weird things Lambo has said lately on 16:03 - Jan 10 by Steve_M

It's like the boards come full circle from when Joe Royle said basically the same thing in about 2005.

I think every manager since has said something along those lines. I actually asked about a settled system as Joe made a comment about that on here a day or so ago.
Of all the mad weird things Lambo has said lately on 16:10 - Jan 10 with 943 viewsartsbossbeard

If this settled system means not clearing the first man from corners constantly, can we try another, please?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Of all the mad weird things Lambo has said lately on 16:23 - Jan 10 with 876 viewsFTP

Of all the mad weird things Lambo has said lately on 16:10 - Jan 10 by artsbossbeard

If this settled system means not clearing the first man from corners constantly, can we try another, please?

Bizzare, he really needs to sort A SYSTEM first that all players can get to grips with, drill it till they see it in their sleep and then maybe just maybe we can get some results. We look clueless at times. Every team has a coach that inparts his ideas, system and is able to adapt it to suit the ebb and flow. I do worry about PL and have the feeling he just isn't capable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024